Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default What upcoming concerts are people attending?

Spring is in the air and summer is around the bend and that means the start of concert season here in the Northeast.

I was wondering what upcoming concerts people are excited about and/or will be attending.

I know it is early and a lot of shows have yet to be announced but I am excited about 2 upcoming shows at SPAC in Saratoga Springs, NY (a great place to see a show): Dave Matthews Band (May 25, 26) and Rush (June 25).

I saw Dave Matthews Band for the first time last summer at SPAC and they put on a great show.
    I have seen Rush 3X times already (1X at MSG in NYC early 1980s when I was in high school, 2X at SPAC in last few years) so I don't know if I'll attend their show this year but they also put on a great show and play for close to 3 hours.

I am interested in hearing about what other groups are touring this spring/summer and what concerts people will be attending.

Thanks.

Billy Talent later this month. Be my first time seeing them as the other half likes them. New album is good too.

other than them... no more are planned. Saw Coheed & Cambria in Minneapolis last month.

All depends who rolls through.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

O.A.R. is playing at the Vail ski resort in April. Been to over 20 of their shows already and have a hotel booked for this one as well.
    Marantz 7005 + Adcom GFA-7500
    LSI15,9s,LSIC
    JL Fathom F112
    Marantz UD7006
    Squeezebox Touch + Hegel hd11

Lindsey Stirling March 12th Downtown Indy. Only my 2nd concert ever (I dont like large crowds and neither does my wife) in the past 10+ years.

Last concert I went to was the Sprite Summer Remix tour when I was a freshman in college (2006 maybe) which featured Hoobastank (only had 1 CD out), Jay-Z and Nappy Roots....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Merlefest year 5 for me!

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Bruno Mars at RED ROCKS....
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

http://www.moondancejam.com/

Never miss this some times I make all three nights depending on who all the acts are. Northern Minnesotas biggest party.

The Pines at Stoughton Opera House (April)

Tom Petty at Summerfest (June)

Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field (July)
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Bob Segar I hope I spelled his last name correctly at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Summerfest is really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    The Pines at Stoughton Opera House (April)

Tom Petty at Summerfest (June)

Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field (July)

Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Bob Segar I hope I spelled his last name correctly at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut
    Me too! Cant wait! Tomoro night,and I have private box seats! I Love all Bob Segar Music!!!!!!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"

Carolina Chocolate Drops Stoughton Opera House April
    Garbage Madison April
    New Orleans Jazzfest (Many bands - including Patti Smith, Black Keys, Fleetwood Mac, Taj Mahal. Maroon 5, Jimmy Cliff Galactic, many more) 2nd weekend (Thurs-Sun) May 1-5 Got airline tickets today!
    Rush Summerfest Milwaukee July
    Bob Dylan Spring Tour

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Volbeat, tomorrow night at the Diamond Ballroom. Should be a blast, I'm pumped.

Dave

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I bought tickets to see "Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson Plays Thick as a Brick I & II" at the Murat Theatre in Indy - my favorite venue.

I'm debating about seeing Yes in Louisville next weekend. They're playing all of The Yes Album, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One. If they had a better keyboard player in the band there would be no debate.

My favorite concert last year was Fiona Apple at the Murat.

Quote Originally Posted by NJPOLKER View Post
    Summerfest is really awesome.
    Yup...and I'm lucky enough to have it in my back yard.

I've been lucky enough to see the following bands at the Marcus Ampitheater and these don't even include the other great bands playing all day on the other stages.

Tom Petty x2
    Pearl Jam
    The Black Keys
    The Black Crowes
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Steve Miller Band
    Foo Fighters
    Florence and The Machine
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Yup...and I'm lucky enough to have it in my back yard.

I've been lucky enough to see the following bands at the Marcus Ampitheater and these don't even include the other great bands playing all day on the other stages.

Tom Petty x2
    Pearl Jam
    The Black Keys
    The Black Crowes
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Steve Miller Band
    Foo Fighters
    Florence and The Machine
    We may need to plan a Summerfest meet & greet this year. Been going to the Milwaukee fireworks on the lakefront for about 25+ years of my 30 I've been around. I know there are a bunch of Milwaukee Polkies and some from a bit north....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I went to Lindsey Stirling a week ago today in Houston. Really enjoyed the show, she is an excellent performer!
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

Sheeit, bro, I've also been to Summerfest many, many times also. Small world. Finished college at UW-Milwaukee, and have seen some really choice shows in the Marcus Ampitheater over the years. One time, I was with a girlfriend riding that thing that goes over the middle of the midway and I heard a band in a side stage playing Smoke On The Water. I said, "Hey, that's a Deep Purple song, I wonder who's playing that?" We went down there, and it was Deep Purple.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Going to see Tedeschi Trucks Band on Apr 28th. Still debating whether or not to go see Bob Seger. Tickets go on sale this Saturday. Anybody see him lately? I'd like to go but not sure if he's worth the price of admission these days.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

gary clark jr, will be playing sunfest in west palm beach in may.........eric clapton is down here 2 nights the end of march..BUT, i'd need probably $700 by the time the evening concluded

gary clark jr kicks butt !!!

sxsw is upon us again here in Austin .... so much music to see ... the free stuff is where i will be ... clapton will be here the 17th but funds just don't allow it ....

Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Lucinda Williams
    Mumford & Sons
    Levon Helm tribute concert
    All on my DVR over my Polks via AXS channel (previously Palladium). Great music, great sound, no parking.

I also keep going back to the DVR to watch the songs from the Kennedy Center honors show. Beth Hart and Jeff Beck doing Buddy Guy's "I'd Rather Go Blind" and Heart doing "Stairway to Heaven." Check these out on youtube, really classic performances. Not sure if they're available otherwise.

And I am actually going to one show in person, Jorma Kaukonen at City Winery in New York. Hoping my $50 reserved barstool includes at least one glass of cabernet.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosD View Post

And I am actually going to one show in person, Jorma Kaukonen at City Winery in New York. Hoping my $50 reserved barstool includes at least one glass of cabernet.
    sounds like a good one with the master finn

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

I would go see George Thorogood & The Destroyers but..........the show is Tuesday the 12th instead of on a Fri or Sat. when I could actually make it ! He's at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA. in case anyone's interested in making that show.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I've seen George twice. Always a fun show. If you can find a way to get there, you won't be disappointed.

Carlos D, just saw Jorma with Jack and Barry (Hot Tuna acoustic) and you're gonna see a real good show.

Eric Clapton and The Wallflowers are coming to Austin, if I still have any hearing left after SXSW I think i'm going to have to go!
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (60)

In April I'll be seeing Joe Bonamassa. So looking forward to that. Diana Krall is coming to the Chicago area around then too but I'll catch her next time around.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Got to see the Afghan Whigs play last night with Usher coming out as a surprise guest for a collaborative show. It was awesome!

Link to the whole concert: http://stereogum.com/1289012/watch-u...at-sxsw/video/
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan EM ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, MIT AVT2 SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', Sony BDP S-790, Airport Express

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Quote Originally Posted by B Run View Post
    Got to see the Afghan Whigs play last night with Usher coming out as a surprise guest for a collaborative show. It was awesome!

Link to the whole concert: http://stereogum.com/1289012/watch-u...at-sxsw/video/
    cool show i wish i would have been at ...... pumpkins playin a free show tonight .... not goin... ya just never know who is gonna show up at SXSW ....

Thread Information