Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Talk me into moving up to the LSiM Series

I am thinking about moving up to the LSiM series speakers. Currently I have a the RTiA9's, A6 Center and FXi4's on surround duty. They are mostly used for movies but I am getting more and more back into music (might end up to be like a 90/10 or 80/20 type of a split. These will eventually be used in a dedicated home theater room (hopefully for a better listening experience) after I get all of my remodeling finished up.

Right now I don't have an amp (fully plan on it in the future) and will be driving them with a SC-67 for the time being.

I have only heard the 707's in a 2 channel setup. I truly enjoyed the sound of music they were delivering. Is this going to transfer over to my movies?

The A9's have served their purpose well and I have enjoyed them greatly. I'm am just looking for some opinions.

Thanks
    AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-67
    Mains: Polk LSiM707
    Center: Polk LSiM706c
    Rear: Polk LSiM702F/X
    Sub: SVS PC12 Ultra
    TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT50
    DVD: Xbox 360
    NMT: Popcorn Hour C-200

The setup you have now is best for movies. So if you're saying 90/10 or 80/20 for movies the most, then I'd stick with what you have and get an amp for your 9's and see what you think then! You can always use the amp for the LSiM's if you still go that route.
    Polkaudio Fronts: RTi A7's Vr3 Fortress Edition / Wyred 4 Sound mAMP's
    Polkaudio Center: CSi A6 Vr3 Fortress Edition
    Polkaudio Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Sub: SVS PC12-NSD
    Marantz SR-7008
    Marantz TT-15S1
    BDP-Denon DBT-1713UD
    Denon AH-D5000's
    Synology DS 212j-4TB
    TV: Panasonic TC P55VT30

Since I have a good subwoofer I decided to move from a pair of LSi15's to a pair of LSiM703's. If the LSiM703's sound as good as the LSi's for movies I'll be happy. I did not find anything really lacking with the LSi's for movies so I expect the same with the LSiM's.
    Time will tell as mine are supposed to be delivered next week. I do listen to far more music than I do movie watching. The A9's are supposedly better than the LSi's for movies. So I've read.
    Last edited by -Stanley-; 03-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mu1166 View Post
    I am thinking about moving up to the LSiM series speakers. Currently I have a the RTiA9's, A6 Center and FXi4's on surround duty. They are mostly used for movies but I am getting more and more back into music (might end up to be like a 90/10 or 80/20 type of a split. These will eventually be used in a dedicated home theater room (hopefully for a better listening experience) after I get all of my remodeling finished up.

Right now I don't have an amp (fully plan on it in the future) and will be driving them with a SC-67 for the time being.

I have only heard the 707's in a 2 channel setup. I truly enjoyed the sound of music they were delivering. Is this going to transfer over to my movies?

The A9's have served their purpose well and I have enjoyed them greatly. I'm am just looking for some opinions.

Thanks
    I owned the same setup for a while. While I found them okay for home theater then never wow'ed me when it came to listening to music. I've since upgraded to LSi's and enjoy the vast difference. Happy listening. Cheers.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

The LSiM's smoke the RTiA's and LSi's !!! By far the best speakers by Polk since the 80's early 90's Monitors 5,7,10's and of course SDA's..

If you can afford them-Get them. You will be thankful you did. I hope to be doing the same jump later this year..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I agree with the others. The LSiM's are better for everything... music and movies. I had your same setup of A9's and a A6 (I actually bought them from nap when he upgraded to LSi's), and they were awesome. Then I went with the original LSi's and they were better for everything. Now I have LSiM's, and, again, they're better for everything.

I think the 703 is by far the best value in the LSiM line. You can get the 703's plus dual subs for less than the towers cost by themselves... and the dual subs will obviously outperform the bass of the towers... especially for movies! I'm very happy with my dual SVS PC12-NSD's. SVS gives a discount on duals... I split a quad with my dad to get an even bigger discount!
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Quote Originally Posted by falconcry72 View Post
    I agree with the others. The LSiM's are better for everything... music and movies. I had your same setup of A9's and a A6 (I actually bought them from nap when he upgraded to LSi's), and they were awesome. Then I went with the original LSi's and they were better for everything. Now I have LSiM's, and, again, they're better for everything.

I think the 703 is by far the best value in the LSiM line. You can get the 703's plus dual subs for less than the towers cost by themselves... and the dual subs will obviously outperform the bass of the towers... especially for movies! I'm very happy with my dual SVS PC12-NSD's. SVS gives a discount on duals... I split a quad with my dad to get an even bigger discount!
    I prolly don't need much talking into it, but I have never heard them in a theater atmosphere. I'll take better all around, knowing that I will have to purchase an amp later on.
    AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-67
    Mains: Polk LSiM707
    Center: Polk LSiM706c
    Rear: Polk LSiM702F/X
    Sub: SVS PC12 Ultra
    TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT50
    DVD: Xbox 360
    NMT: Popcorn Hour C-200

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Move up to the LSiMs. Do it! ;-)

Member Sales Rating: (37)

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...-s-vs.-RTAi7-s

I'm sure you've seen this thread. Very similar question and some good points that might knock you off the fence
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Thread Information