Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default New Creek Destiny 2 Crapped out

Hello all,
    just had to vent about the Brand new Creek Destiny 2 Integrated amp that crapped out on me after 1 year of use.
    It's been at the repair shop for 4 months now and they're still trying to fix it! Ughhhh!!! Luckily this happened while under the 2 year warranty, but damm 4 months and counting at the repair shop!
    Music Hall is the U.S. distributor for Creek, funny thing I have 2 Music Hall amps that have been problem free, but the more expensive Creek amp crapped out.
    This experience has soured me forever on Creek products, it sounded great when it was working but 4 months and still counting, no amp, no music, what's the point if it's not reliable. Ughhhh!!
    If I don't get it back by next month, I'll be demanding a New Replacement amp from Music Hall/Creek.

4 months no fix.They should be offering a replacement IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    4 months no fix.They should be offering a replacement IMO.
    Absolutely, they need to call it a lemon and move on, ask politely at first, correspond by email, when all else fails....give them fair warning about posting your issues on forums.

My 2Cents
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (1)

That sucks, sorry man. Give them an opportunity to make it right then screw 'em. Though 4 months seems like plenty of opportunity to me. They build them from scratch in less time, so call them and force the issue. Talk to someone higher up the food chain than a CS person.

Call them and tell them you are going to contact the Attorney General office there in Austin and file a complaint and then do it. Ask the AJ about any "lemon" law that may apply here. Call the BBB and file. If you paid with a CC call the company and ask if you can still file a chargeback.
    Don't let these a holes get away with this any longer. Four months and no repair definitely qualifies for a new replacement.
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

You certainly have the patience of Job.
    I would have flipped out if I didn't have a repair or new unit in hand within a month. I would agree with a polite email and if no response within a day or so, a terse email detailing the actions you are about to take. At this point, they should even extend the warranty if they wanted to do the right thing. Creek couldn't get my hard earned money if this is typical. There is just too much completion out there.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Call their mothers morals into question also !

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Sounds like you are up their "Creek" and they gave you no paddle.

It ain't right - call them out and demand customer satisfaction.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hello, Ducati Guy. I'm sorry to hear of your audio issue with regards your Creek Destiny II. It really does bite being without tunes and I truly feel ya' there.

I believe a phone call or an e-mail to the head honcho is in order at this point. 4 months is a little ridiculous, actually it's beyond ridiculous IMO but that's beside the point. If you are professional and calm when you finally get a hold of said person, just explain the scenario and ask what they can do for you in terms of expediting the repair, an extended warranty or a new, possibly upgraded product. Kindness and understanding can work wonders in this situation but if he/she does not budge, then it's time to throw some vinegar in the mix and advise them of your next [not so friendly] actions that might sway them a little more in assuring prompt resolution in this matter. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth and best wishes for a speedy resolution.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    Call their mothers morals into question also !

Nah, too lame. If ya really want to get their attention, call them......Christians.

thanks for the support guys.
    I'll be emailing Roy Hall of Music Hall next week.
    Hopefully he'll do the right thing.
    I'd hate to get lawyers involved, but waiting this long is ridiculous.
    we'll see what happens next week.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

anybody remember the philips sacd-1000, bought it when tweeters was blowing them out for $400 , a $2000 player. well it was in the shop 8 months out of the first year.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

So I get back my "repaired" amplifier today, and the left channel fizzes out, no sound whatsoever!! Urghhh!!
    More than 4 months of waiting for repairs and it still doesn't work! Unbelievable!
    So I emailed Roy Hall of Music Hall, the official importer of Creek, demanding a New replacement amplifier.
    I hope he does the right and honorable thing.
    otherwise legal action will need to be taken.
    Unbelievable.
    Will never buy another Creek product again.

You should ask for refund.. that is ridiculous get something else
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

If they don't do the right thing, tell them that you are prepared to talk to others online with similar experiences using Creek products. I would also contact their marketing guy, they understand far too well the potential ramifications of disgruntle customers airing on social media nowadays.

Unbelievable
    3 days and No response from Roy Hall/Music Hall or Creek Audio!
    Now my latest email to them is a last effort on my part to settle this in a civilized matter but I Will be pursueing this Legally if they don't honor the warranty.
    wow this is utterly so disappointing that Creek Audio treats their customers this way.

Post your experience their facebook page. Trust me, they will contact you.

I used youtube, funny how my situation got resolved really fast!!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    I used youtube, funny how my situation got resolved really fast!!

Wanna' post a link ??

Thread Information