Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default SDA 2s for sale in Atlanta GA

Pair of SDA 2s (early ones with two tweeters). Includes a new interconnect cable and owner's manual. No boxes. 100% original condition, never repaired or modified. Cabinets and grilles are pristine. Perfect working order (plugged in and playing as I type this). Located in the north Atlanta suburbs. Too big to ship, local pick-up only. $450 cash only. Serious inquiries only. I don't get to check this forum very often so email me for more info. Thanks!!
    mx8fin at yahoo dot com.

Mulefan, as I am sure others will soon tell you...forum rules are that you need at least 100 posts to sell anything on this site and to list things in the FM section.

Need 100 posts! That's the rules! some are not sticklers for that and may message you but your price is way too high. maybe you'll hang around and become a contributing member, but you're not giving that vibe when your first post is to sell the Polks you have. Good luck either way.

Sorry to have broken the rules...didn't mean to offend. As far as the price, make me an offer, maybe I'll take it!!

Mulefan..in other words, "sorry to have broken the rules but I will continue to break the rules" ("make me an offer"). That's how I interpret your response.
    Last edited by pglbook; 03-09-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typo

pglbook...again, I humbly apologize. I should have read the rules of the forum before posting. I wasn't trying to get away with breaking the rules, regardless of how you interpret my response. I came to this forum because I thought I might be helping someone out who has been looking for a pair of these speakers.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Only 97 posts to go. Hang around, contribute... Lot's of good info here.

Another case of breaking the rules and then begging forgiveness after the primary objective has been accomplished.
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp
    Adcom GFA-555 amp Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ Hidden away in the closet

tennman...for the third time I sincerely apologize. I did not know about the rules for selling stuff (I said in my sec**d apology that i should have read the rules before posting). I d**'t know how to apologize any more thoroughly or sincerely. I truly thought the people ** this forum would appreciate being notified of a pristine pair of all original sda's that were available. Obviously I was wr**g.

d**t know why it is putting ** everywhere i put "**"

On Mulefan's defense, there is nothing on this page that says not to post ad here.
    There are sticky for schematics and songs list but no forum rules.
    If a new member comes to this forum directly, he/she can assume it's place for anything related to vintage polk speakers.
    There are rules in other sections but not all go through them.

BTW, welcome and I think it's just a mistake without knowing where to post, not a deliberate sale post.

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulefan View Post
    tennman...for the third time I sincerely apologize. I did not know about the rules for selling stuff (I said in my sec**d apology that i should have read the rules before posting). I d**'t know how to apologize any more thoroughly or sincerely. I truly thought the people ** this forum would appreciate being notified of a pristine pair of all original sda's that were available. Obviously I was wr**g.
    No apology needed to me. I understand and I agree with Mystery. I don't think any harm was intended.

My comments were intended to point out that it happens all the time... not that you had broken one of the Ten Commandments. Sometimes my keyboard bark is much worse than my intended bite. I'm sure if the mods thought you had dome something bad this thread would already be gone.

Welcome to the forum!
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp

Member Sales Rating: (1)

my take:
    I bet a majority of people who find the forum AND who find a way to post and ARE looking to sell something will go down the list and see FOR SALE read the sticky and then go find a close second place to place an ad.
    Then goes on to state "make me an offer" seen the rules and now is caught and playing dumb
    not to mention mule joined in Feb. had time to look around. Honest mistake would of been he joined TODAY....
    just saying
    Last edited by pitdogg2; 03-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.

While I agree that it might be unknown about the rules on the first post, and for that, we could all temper our responses and politely inform our Polk brethren...that we wish to preserve our forum's value and not let it become a "classifieds" for just anybody that stumbles across a pair of Polks. I for one do not wish to wade through piles and piles of distractions in order to filter out the good communications that go on here. That's good reason for the rule.

And for that, I also recognize that while Mulefan may have unknowingly posted the ad... apology #1 was accompanied by a request for an offer anyway. Apology #2 included that they were still available. And apology #3 elaborated on their pristineness and continued the sell.

Just sayin.

SOLD...in 4 days for full asking price!!
    Thank you.

Mulefan, so not only do you break the rules...but now you gloat about your success at having done so.

Not cool man!

This is, first of all, a forum for people who want to hang and kick back and share their stories and knowledge and passion for audio equipment, music, etc. It is not for people who merely want to use the site to sell things. That is the reason for the 100 post rule prior to being able to sell things on this site...to make sure one is committed to the site and the community first and foremost.

I understand if you mistakenly posted the item for sale w/out knowing the rules, which you said you had done. And I would have accepted your apology and taken you at your word. But the problem is that, once you were informed about the rules, you not only did not ask the moderators to remove your ad but you continued with your sales pitch. And now you gloat over your sale.
    Not cool at all.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by pglbook View Post
    Mulefan, so not only do you break the rules...but now you gloat about your success at having done so.

Not cool man!

This is, first of all, a forum for people who want to hang and kick back and share their stories and knowledge and passion for audio equipment, music, etc. It is not for people who merely want to use the site to sell things. That is the reason for the 100 post rule prior to being able to sell things on this site...to make sure one is committed to the site and the community first and foremost.

I understand if you mistakenly posted the item for sale w/out knowing the rules, which you said you had done. And I would have accepted your apology and taken you at your word. But the problem is that, once you were informed about the rules, you not only did not ask the moderators to remove your ad but you continued with your sales pitch. And now you gloat over your sale.
    Not cool at all.
    He'll be gone without a peep. No loss...

Mulefan, I agree with pglbook. He had you figured out from the start.

You came here and made a post that was against the rules and now you gloat about it. You may have achieved what you came here for but you have lost something much more valuable... respect.
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp

Weren't the SDA2s and CRS with the dual tweeters the less desirable of the SDA line anyways? That's what I was told when I started searching for SDA's, and at that asking price I doubt he would of got a sale from an established member anyways. I agree a classless act good riddance.

possible, but doubtful op's last post is entirely true. Not many people I know that would pay that price on those.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

a fool and his money are soon parted.......
    now if they'd just ban the tool

I bet he still has them. I don't know anyone who would pay $450 for original SDA-2's. That's silly.
    Polk SDA-2B, Yamaha R-S700, Yamaha CDX-530, Apple TV, Samsung Plasma, Fiio D3 DA converter (Apple TV), Cambridge Soundworks Model 88 Radio (Bedroom).

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by ambiophonics View Post
    I bet he still has them. I don't know anyone who would pay $450 for original SDA-2's. That's silly.
    Especially in the South...

Thread Information