+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raven

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Raven

Anyone heard of this album?
    Name:  dfra7001.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  27.4 KB

I just picked it up today. Found very little info on Google. Seems like a band that was together for a very short period of time in the late 60's.

Bluesy...its good stuff.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The only thing I could out about a band with the same name is a metal band dating back to 1974?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I found a little info on wikipedia.

Raven was an influential rock/blues band formed in 1967 in Buffalo, New York, and active until 1970. It was composed of Tony Galla (lead vocals), Jim Calire (piano/vocals), Gary Mallaber (drums), John Weitz (guitar), and the late Tom Calandra (bass guitar). Managed by Marty Angelo, the band played throughout the United States, appearing at such popular venues as the Electric Circus (nightclub), the Fillmore East, Steve Paul's Scene, Unganos in New York City, the Grande Ballroom in Detroit, Chicago's Kinetic Playground, and many others.

The group formed after Stan Szelest's group "Stan and the Ravens" broke up in 1967. Two of its members, Calandra and Mallaber, joined Galla, Weitz, and Calire, in the group Tony Galla and the Rising Sons. In 1968, they changed the name of their group to simply "Raven", and their first recordings in New York were produced by David Lucas.[1] These songs included "Farmer's Daughter" (written by Szelest), "No Turning Back" (written by Calandra), and "Howlin' for my Baby" (written by Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf).

Raven toured in England in 1969 and were offered a recording contact by George Harrison via Peter Asher with Apple Records. They turned it down to sign with Columbia Records instead.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

The cover art reminds me of "Spy vs Spy" from Mad Magazine .

Thread Information