Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

View Poll Results: Goodwill finds....You ever find any near you for the most part?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have found something worthwhile and an occasional gem..

17 38.64%
  • I haven't found jack.

27 61.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I have yet to buy anything at all like the quality of stuff I was getting out of the Indiana stores. I have started hitting estate sales now instead, but even they are insanely priced. Ebay and CL have jut about killed the bargain hunting out here.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I have yet to buy anything at all like the quality of stuff I was getting out of the Indiana stores. I have started hitting estate sales now instead, but even they are insanely priced. Ebay and CL have jut about killed the bargain hunting out here.
    Indiana stores are dry, just ask myself and Jeff. I hit them when I can, but anything good gets filtered before it hits the shelf and goes online. And West Lafayette is too far to drive just to hit goodwill lol
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I've picked up a few handfuls of CDs and lots of LPs, and a couple mid-fi CD players for use in non-critical systems. I've seen receivers worth picking up (but haven't). My best find was also my first-Polk Monitor 10s. Don't know if it's Craigslist, eBay, the recent recession or what, but pickings have definitely been slimmer of late.

I rarely go and do not seem to find anything, but would love to someday.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I've picked up a few handfuls of CDs and lots of LPs, and a couple mid-fi CD players for use in non-critical systems. I've seen receivers worth picking up (but haven't). My best find was also my first-Polk Monitor 10s. Don't know if it's Craigslist, eBay, the recent recession or what, but pickings have definitely been slimmer of late.
    Up in Maine not too far from Randy, I've found most of what Mike lists above. Some really NICE "minty" CDs of all kinds for 1 or 2 bucks a pop. Lots of LPs...I always CHECK their "surface" before I buy so they're never too bad at 50 cents to $1.00--and sometimes even less.

Picked up a nice old school Sony CDP with a headphone jack and volume control for 9 big ones (pretty nice mid-90s unit). A couple of digital FM tuners ($5-10). And an old Technics New Class A integrated 85 watts x 2 channel amp that actually sounds OK for 10 or 15 (can't remember)--I had it powering my Polk Monitor 5As for a while and was fairly pleased with it. But there has not been much lately, except for CDs (which is fine by me).

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 06-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Cnh if you ever get down to Topsham there is alot of good stuff here. Brunswick area Doctor/Lawyers. I find ALOT of good deals there. Augusta i have pulled over 300 Albums all minty.got a few nice receivers there too. Good finds up there. I still go up there every 2 weeks or so. If i have the time ill swing in. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Goodwill finds :). Randy

Been going since 2007. I venture that I've found any and everything at goodwill/thrift shops including my first separates (all NAD component setup). OKC, OK here. None of them were in Moore.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Thread Information