Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default KT-120's & my Cronus Magnum

I'm getting ready to upgrade my KT-90's to the 120's in my Rogue. So far it appears that Tung-Sol is the only maker of these. I just spoke with Rogue and they stated I would probably like the upgrade so, I'm gonna bite.

Where are you guys buying your tubes other than flea-bay? I thought there was a guy in the Chicago land area who sells a lot of N.O.S. stuff but I can't remember what his website was called. Any thoughts would help.

Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Thanks!

I'm gonna have to go with height extenders for now till I figure out how to get the amp cover opening holes enlarged or buy the enlarged cover from Rogue. I'm pretty blind when it comes to this stuff. How do I know which extenders to buy for the 120 tube?

[QUOTE=charley95;1896069]I'm getting ready to upgrade my KT-90's to the 120's in my Rogue. So far it appears that Tung-Sol is the only maker of these. I just spoke with Rogue and they stated that I would probably like the upgrade so, I'm gonna bite.

Its interesting to see that Rogue is saying a person would probably like the upgrade from a New Production KT-120 tube !
    I've read comments on this Forum where some people think new production tubes aren't very good.....especially compared to NOS. Tung-Sol as we know also makes various tubes of different sizes at fairly low prices. You would think that whatever quality Tung-Sol produces should follow through to these other tubes as well....No ?
    Home Theatre.............

Pioneer SC-35
    Polk RTi10's Fronts
    Polk CSiA6 Center
    RTi4 Surrounds
    SVS PB-12 Sub

2 Channel.............................

Yaqin MC-100B
    Energy RC-70 Speakers
    Arcam CD-192 Disc Player
    Van Den Hul Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
    I'm getting ready to upgrade my KT-90's to the 120's in my Rogue. So far it appears that Tung-Sol is the only maker of these. I just spoke with Rogue and they stated I would probably like the upgrade so, I'm gonna bite.

Where are you guys buying your tubes other than flea-bay? I thought there was a guy in the Chicago land area who sells a lot of N.O.S. stuff but I can't remember what his website was called. Any thoughts would help.

Thanks

I bought mine from Rogue direct.They test match and burn-in the tubes so they are ready to go when they arrive.

I forgot to ask Rogue how much for a matched quad. Larry, the previous factory issue was the KT-90 which I have now. Factory issues are now the 120. I'm assuming they must like the 120's vs. the 90's. thetubestore.com is getting $200 for a matched quad shipped.

. thetubestore.com is getting $200 for a matched quad shipped.
    from what i seen that isn't to bad

I bought a quad from this seller before and the tubes seemed to be excellent

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150984436876...84.m1497.l2649

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Its interesting to see that Rogue is saying a person would probably like the upgrade from a New Production KT-120 tube !
    I've read comments on this Forum where some people think new production tubes aren't very good.....especially compared to NOS. Tung-Sol as we know also makes various tubes of different sizes at fairly low prices. You would think that whatever quality Tung-Sol produces should follow through to these other tubes as well....No ?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the tube, not aware of the KT-120 being made before these Tung SOls. Personally I will take the Treasure CV-181 over any 6SN7 I have heard so far and i have listened to and own many. Additionally the Treasure KT88 and 6CA7 are outstanding tubes and IMO rival most NOS.

When you get to the minatures Its a different game, again IMO.

It cost to play and find out. In some cases you can let others opinions make up your mind for you or you can play and find out for yourself and be surprised in most cases that you disagree with some of those opinions.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

I believe $185 plus shipping is what i paid for a quad.

I forgot to ask Rogue how much for a matched quad. Larry, the previous factory issue was the KT-90 which I have now. Factory issues are now the 120. I'm assuming they must like the 120's vs. the 90's. thetubestore.com is getting $200 for a matched quad shipped.
    Yes I see that. And that's a good price for a Matched Quad compared to some pricing on lets say Kt-88's from other makers ( Northern Electric for one )

(QUOTE)
    Depends on the tube, not aware of the KT-120 being made before these Tung SOls. Personally I will take the Treasure CV-181 over any 6SN7 I have heard so far and i have listened to and own many. Additionally the Treasure KT88 and 6CA7 are outstanding tubes and IMO rival most NOS.

I do understand this....and that's good news if you ask me. New production tubes with this reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    from what i seen that isn't to bad
    I'm probably going to order from them tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by brianle View Post
    I bought a quad from this seller before and the tubes seemed to be excellent

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150984436876...84.m1497.l2649
    I noticed those. I'm a little gun to buy on the bay. I don't do paypal and the last time I bought tubes on there my credit card was comprimised in the same state. Someone in Arizona charged $1100 on my card number. I had the credit protection at my credit union so I didn't get nailed.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I'm gonna have to go with height extenders for now till I figure out how to get the amp cover opening holes enlarged or buy the enlarged cover from Rogue. I'm pretty blind when it comes to this stuff. How do I know which extenders to buy for the 120 tube?
    Give these guys a call, I bet they can fix ya right up. http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/Produc...beSockets.aspx
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1 TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reeter View Post
    Give these guys a call, I bet they can fix ya right up. http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/Produc...beSockets.aspx
    I'll call tomorrow. Thanks Mike

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Call New Sensor directly. It ws two years ago now, but I got all 12 of my Kt120's for 300 and change...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Call New Sensor directly. It ws two years ago now, but I got all 12 of my Kt120's for 300 and change...
    12 for $300? I hate you!

The site shows they are $80 each. I'll call and see what they have to say. Thanks John

Member Sales Rating: (12)

They gave me case pricing now that I think of it. I ordered som for Bob to play with and for a friend as well. I need 12 more and there may be others here wanting to try them as well.

Let's try to set up a group by on them and maybe we can get better pricing that way.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

They gave me case pricing now that I think of it. I ordered som for Bob to play with and for a friend as well. I need 12 more and there may be others here wanting to try them as well.

Let's try to set up a group by on them and maybe we can get better pricing that way.
    Sounds good to me Jonh. You need 12,4 for me. Is a case 12 or 24? If we can get anyone else here that needs some then, lets do it.
    I can send you the cash or however you want to do it? I would say that anyone here that wants them we should keep this post going and see if we can get enough for case pricing. Sound ok to you?

If the price is right i'll get another 4 spares.

Ok, so we're at 20 now if the price is right of course.

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    If the price is right i'll get another 4 spares.
    This deal didn't work out. I ordered a quad from Jim Mcshane for $189.50 delivered to my door.

No problem.dont need em unless they're a steal right now
    Thanks

Thread Information