Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by pepster View Post
    Pixie Dust is @ $89/.005 ounce.

Pure silver is cheaper.
    High purity Quartz crystals are much more expensive, which I believe is part of the formula he uses in making the cables. I believe they are more expensive than diamonds.

Guys, it's not just the "play dough" on the ends of the cables making difference, it's the conductors and the surrounding in the cable.

cheezy

Banned

Patrick said that the lowest end (White Night Blue 1m) power cable will outperform Nordost Odin and Valhalla power cables. The Odin costs about $21k for a 5m.

So it looks like Patrick's retail price is underpriced.

cheezy

Member Sales Rating: (1)

You tend to get what you pay for, but I think Patrick's designs are giant killers. The top-of-the-line Adria comes at a cost of one million dollars, but easily outperforms power cables costing two to five million dollars. Not only that, but you get the added comfort of the warranty and replacement guarantees below:

Lifetime warranty, lifetime insurance and low cost replacements.

After you pay the million USD we give a lifetime warranty so you can enjoy music to the fullest for the rest of your life. If there's an accident and something happens to it, like a tank or bulldozer runs it over, we will build you another one, for the low cost of $10,000. If the cable is stolen, we will build you another one for $100,000. We want you to enjoy this cable the rest of your life without being afraid to lose it.

Banned

I just watched the recording of live music shows (1080i HD w/ 384kbps+ for audio) off my HTPC. I had good sound and live feel even prior to getting the White Night Power 2m cord, just goes to show how accurate the CMS65 speakers are. But watching the same performance with the White Night Power 2m plugged to speaker the upper bass (close to mid) was phenomenal. It's hard to explain. You would get analytic metallic-like sound - which I find very, very sweet addicting sound - in the upper registers say if you had a pair of high purity 100% solid silver conductor audio cable hooked up to speakers. Well, the White Night Power 2m gave the similar feeling for the low to upper bass region. I didn't know this was possible with the low range registers. Crazy.

Also I am hearing the "background of the backgrounds" in the stage, lol. There is so much depth in the background details. Talk about ultra high resolution. There is detail in all range of spectrum, low to high.

cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    You tend to get what you pay for, but I think Patrick's designs are giant killers. The top-of-the-line Adria comes at a cost of one million dollars, but easily outperforms power cables costing two to five million dollars.
    I loved that video. I cried watching it, seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYTeHv16d0

I didn't know other places have power cables that cost two to five million dollars.

cheezy

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    I just watched the recording of live music shows (1080i HD w/ 384kbps+ for audio) off my HTPC. I had good sound and live feel even prior to getting the White Night Power 2m cord, just goes to show how accurate the CMS65 speakers are. But watching the same performance with the White Night Power 2m plugged to speaker the upper bass (close to mid) was phenomenal. It's hard to explain. You would get analytic metallic-like sound - which I find very, very sweet addicting sound - in the upper registers say if you had a pair of high purity 100% solid silver conductor audio cable hooked up to speakers. Well, the White Night Power 2m gave the similar feeling for the low to upper bass region. I didn't know this was possible with the low range registers. Crazy.

Also I am hearing the "background of the backgrounds" in the stage, lol. There is so much depth in the background details. Talk about ultra high resolution. There is detail in all range of spectrum, low to high.

cheezy
    Really? All that with 384kbps audio resolution? When cd quality resolution is 1411 kbps. With that much compression how can you hear any of the nuances you spout about with 70% of the audio missing? That must be one magical cable to be able to make 70% of the missing music sound like it's there and then some. That sperm wood fiber goop must have some magical properties. Can you extract....er umm I mean buy the tree sperm paste separately?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

I loved that video. I cried watching it, seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYTeHv16d0

I didn't know other places have power cables that cost two to five million dollars.

cheezy
    I cry every time I see this thread continue.

I'm sceptical ,do they offer free home trial?Are there any plans for companion coconutz fuses?
    Last edited by FTGV; 03-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Okay that's it, I'm ordering 12 of these f'ers. Why 12 you ask? Well, when everyone comes to their senses and realize these are the next "must have" cables, I'll sell my extras at a hefty profit. Damn, I'm a freakin' genius !!Name:  th_smartass-1.gif
Views: 234
Size:  5.7 KB
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

I like it! It is so off the wall

chezzy Those lil speakers, CMS65 are only $750 each, have every heard what a large SDA Polk speaker can do?

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    I cry every time I see this thread continue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Really? All that with 384kbps audio resolution? When cd quality resolution is 1411 kbps. With that much compression how can you hear any of the nuances you spout about with 70% of the audio missing? That must be one magical cable to be able to make 70% of the missing music sound like it's there and then some. That sperm wood fiber goop must have some magical properties. Can you extract....er umm I mean buy the tree sperm paste separately?
    I disagree. It doesn't have to be lossless format to hear all sound benefits. Some HD show recordings I have are at 256kbps and has plenty of detail that can be retrieved. It depends on the recording and how well your audio equipment can convey them.

As for the white tree fiber, I love the looks of it. I find this cable to be one of the best looking, way better than any other top-end models from high-end cable manufacturers. I still admit... I do love the looks of the Audioquest WEL Signature power cords. Very handsome looking plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    I like it! It is so off the wall

chezzy Those lil speakers, CMS65 are only $750 each, have every heard what a large SDA Polk speaker can do?
    You can get them for that price used (they claim new, but it's used and beatup). You *can* get them for $1800 new. I paid $2000.

As for the Polk speakers, they are in the lower ends when it comes to detail and accuracy. It's about sound quality over quantity.

cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.

You can get them for that price used (they claim new, but it's used and beatup). You *can* get them for $1800 new. I paid $2000.

As for the Polk speakers, they are in the lower ends when it comes to detail and accuracy. It's about sound quality over quantity.

$749 each, with free shipping.
    http://www.swee****er.com/store/deta...FWbZQgodim4AEA

Of course, they each need a $15,000 power cord to reach their potential, so maybe they aren't a very good buy.

I disagree. It doesn't have to be lossless format to hear all sound benefits. Some HD show recordings I have are at 256kbps and has plenty of detail that can be retrieved. It depends on the recording and how well your audio equipment can convey them.

cheezy
    I vehemently disagree, the finest audio gear in the world cannot make compressed audio sound good.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

I vehemently disagree, the finest audio gear in the world cannot make compressed audio sound good.

But a $12,000 PC CAN!!!!!
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I am still loving the tape on the wall and the mouse droppings on the floor in Cheezy's pictures. Fantastic.

And I reiterate, Cheezy, you can get CMS65s BRAND NEW in a multitude of locations online. I can also pick them up in store brand new in factory sealed boxes locally for $700 each.

The **** you're shoveling is getting rank, Patrick's alter ego.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Member Sales Rating: (13)

A short summation....

The cheezy (rhymes with sleazy) one comes here trying to promote a product in a positive light, but ends up shooting the product and himself clean thru the heart, dead.

Ya gotta love it.

Can we close (preferably delete) this thread now?
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Stay positive, cheezy. There are a lot of angry men in this world who will try to drag you down with their anger and jealousy. Fact is, you have the white night power cables and they don't. You win. Their cables only cost four figures, which will never reveal true detail and dynamics. The meager dollar amounts simply won't allow for it. Rock on, brother!

Member Sales Rating: (27)

This thread rocks, IB4C
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

One thing good about this thread, it's keeping my entertainment cost pretty low.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Thanks I needed something to put me to sleep.

Good night..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Hey man...You must have a bigger Bong than him LOL Smokin the hubbley bubbley

Stay positive, cheezy. There are a lot of angry men in this world who will try to drag you down with their anger and jealousy. Fact is, you have the white night power cables and they don't. You win. Their cables only cost four figures, which will never reveal true detail and dynamics. The meager dollar amounts simply won't allow for it. Rock on, brother!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    $749 each, with free shipping.
    http://www.swee****er.com/store/deta...FWbZQgodim4AEA

Of course, they each need a $15,000 power cord to reach their potential, so maybe they aren't a very good buy.
    You can get any products cheaper at any place if they want to offer good sale. The retail price of a pair of CMS65 is full $2000. Anything lower than that are on sale / price drop. However, I paid over $2000 (due to shipping).

I kindly disagree. You can have a recording in lossless format but sound crappy due to poor quality recording. Interestingly, there are details revealed that I couldn't hear before, with compressed audio file. Also the way the details are conveyed, is different too, or call it sound representation.

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    But a $12,000 PC CAN!!!!!
    Good post.

Thanks for the advice. It is appreciated. You are so true about who's got the cable.:D I will stand firm! :D

Quote Originally Posted by VR3 View Post
    This thread rocks, IB4C
    Thanks. I want everyone to enjoy.

I have an shipping update...

Tracking events
    Date/Time Location Tracking event
    3/23/2013 4:40 AM STOCKHOLM EMS The item has been dispatched from Postenīs international terminal for onward transport abroad
    3/22/2013 11:50 PM STOCKHOLM EMS The item has arrived at Postenīs international terminal for sorting and transport abroad
    3/22/2013 6:40 PM Stockholm The item has been through the post terminal
    3/22/2013 6:29 PM Posten Farsta The item has been redirected within Posten to a sorting terminal
    3/22/2013 5:07 PM Posten Farsta The item has been deposited
    Item information
    Sender:
    Recipient:
    Service:EMS
    Weight (kg):7.00

C'mon White Night Power 5M cable. Cheezy awaits you!~

cheezy
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I gotta ask. If your spending 50k for your purchase, why not the extra 2 for a flight to pick them up in person ? Meet the maker and get the tour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    I gotta ask. If your spending 50k for your purchase, why not the extra 2 for a flight to pick them up in person ? Meet the maker and get the tour.
    I am not that rich. But I was thinking about flying over there and meet Patrick. I would be honored. Want to shake hands and hug. He rocks. Loving my 2m cable.

It looks I have someone (Patrick) who will take care of my cable needs in the future. He has also been very helpful answering my questions about audio. I will not look at Audioquest, Wireworld, Kimber, Nordost, or any other... they are overpriced for the performance you get. I have tried some pretty expensive cables from them before but wasn't that great.

cheezie
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    Hey man...You must have a bigger Bong than him LOL Smokin the hubbley bubbley
    I think Loud & Clear is patronizing him...and I find it hilarious, especially when cheezy thanks him for his positive comments.

If I'm wrong, I'm going to have to agree with your assessment though.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

I will not look at Audioquest, Wireworld, Kimber, Nordost, or any other... they are overpriced for the performance you get. I have tried some pretty expensive cables from them before but wasn't that great.

cheezie
    But $20K-100K (Coconut Audio) cables are worth the money for the performance they present into $800 speakers run by a run of the mill HTPC playing compressed audio? I see, guess I've been going about this hobby all wrong for the past 30 years.

So glad you came along to open my eyes and soon my ears. Cheezy you are my audio hero

H9

Banned

But $20K-100K (Coconut Audio) cables are worth the money for the performance they present into $800 speakers run by a run of the mill HTPC playing compressed audio? I see, guess I've been going about this hobby all wrong for the past 30 years.

So glad you came along to open my eyes and soon my ears. Cheezy you are my audio hero

H9
    From what I heard, speakers and cables don't apply the same rule as far as price-to-performance is concerned. The cable from a given manufacturer, the performance goes up as the price goes up, and the bigger and longer it is, for better sound. But for speakers, you can't go bigger as it will have larger drivers and require more current. This creates more electrical noise and infest the audio components = worsen the sound. I learned this. Really good info.

This is the reason why I didn't go with a bigger pair of speakers. Originally I was going to use CMS40 for the super-expensive power cables, to use it as a tool to check sound. But the CMS65 to me, is a better platform to start with as it has plenty of room in the frequency response, and the sound is more mature. The power draw is not too bad either. I have listened to other loudspeakers that are used for HT but they don't sound as good (detail and accuracy).

CMS50 can be had for $1600. For CMS65, $2000+.

I have various formats of audio, lossy and lossless. But the sound largely depends on how well the recording was performed, not the bit rates. One of the examples would be lossless 24-bit 192 khz audio where people couldn't hear any difference over the lossless 16 bit 44.1k, and can't hear the difference over the 320kbps audio... People complain they sound too soft and heard no better details.

:D

cheezie
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.

I am not that rich. But I was thinking about flying over there and meet Patrick. I would be honored. Want to shake hands and hug. He rocks. Loving my 2m cable.

It looks I have someone (Patrick) who will take care of my cable needs in the future. He has also been very helpful answering my questions about audio. I will not look at Audioquest, Wireworld, Kimber, Nordost, or any other... they are overpriced for the performance you get. I have tried some pretty expensive cables from them before but wasn't that great.

cheezie
    Name:  nuts1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  10.4 KB
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

oh my god just go away^^^^
    please someone make it stop already....

From what I heard, speakers and cables don't apply the same rule as far as price-to-performance is concerned. The cable from a given manufacturer, the performance goes up as the price goes up, and the bigger and longer it is, for better sound. But for speakers, you can't go bigger as it will have larger drivers and require more current. This creates more electrical noise and infest the audio components = worsen the sound. I learned this. Really good info.

This is the reason why I didn't go with a bigger pair of speakers. Originally I was going to use CMS40 for the super-expensive power cables, to use it as a tool to check sound. But the CMS65 to me, is a better platform to start with as it has more room in the full spectrum of the frequencies, and the sound is more mature. I have listened to other loudspeakers used for HT but they don't sound as good (detail and accuracy).

CMS50 can be had for $1600. For CMS65, $2000+.

I have various formats of audio, lossy and lossless. But the sound partially depends on how well the recording was performed, not the bit rates. One of the examples would be lossless 24-bit 192 khz audio where people couldn't hear any difference over the lossless 16 bit 44.1k, and can't hear the difference over the 320kbps audio... People complain they sound too soft and heard no better details.

:D

cheezie

So do they let you out in the yard for an hour a day for fresh air at that place you're in?

Thread Information