Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shipping

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Shipping

How do you guys and gals ship stuff around. Do you have an "account" with UPS, FEDEX, USPS? How do we get the rates down as it seems expensive to haul it down to the UPS store. Anyone with experience with this I would appreciate the help. Thanks, Michael

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I ship using my employer's UPS account. Basically I pack things up, bring it to work, tell them where it's going & they handle it from there. I'm still responsible for the bill, but it's cheaper than the average Joe gets. Do you have a local Fed-Ex or UPS hub? If you can pack things yourself & drop it off there, it'll be cheaper than a UPS store or Fex-Ex/Kinko's location.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I use FedEx, and I have an account with them. I have EXTENSIVE experience shipping with FedEx, UPS, and the USPS, and I prefer FedEx. We used all three at a manufacturing corporation I used to work at, shipping roughly 500 pieces/week.

Anybody can sign up for a FedEx account. Packing items yourself saves the most money. Then just create the label online, print it, and drop off the box and label at any local FedEx location. This is much cheaper than letting them do it.

I live near DC, and I can get packages to nearly the entire Eastern half of the country in 2 days via FedEx Ground, which is their cheapest method. Pretty remarkable.

All carriers treat packages like crap from time to time, so pack accordingly.

Check out this outbound map for FedEx Ground from my location: (reddish color is 1-day, light blue is 2-day)

I just shipped a pretty big and heavy package (a CS350LS), that was 30x18x15 and weight 30lbs. It will be to its destination in NJ in just one day, and it cost 18 bucks. Less than the gas money would have been if we drove to meet each other. I also recently shipped a small package to FL, and it will be there in 2 days, and it cost 7 bucks.
    Last edited by falconcry72; 03-20-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Thanks a bunch fellas, this is a real help and I will report back with my results...I'm shipping an Emotiva XPA-5 and the shipping weight is 83 pounds.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

FedEx will be cheaper. Be sure to double box and use dense foam between the boxes.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    FedEx will be cheaper. Be sure to double box and use dense foam between the boxes.
    QFT!

Dealing with a UPS claim now myself. The package MAY have survived if I had done this...but it definitely would have fared better than it did.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Thread Information