Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

View Poll Results: When will you buy Google Glass?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within the first 90 Days?

1 3.03%
  • 6 months after it comes out?

2 6.06%
  • Will you wait till The 2nd version comes out?

5 15.15%
  • NEVER!!!!

25 75.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
    Hilarious!!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

See very cool^^^

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    No problem paying that kind of coin for something really cool and very innovative.
    as for a PC or Google Glass, Glass wins hands down and people will spend the coin on it as opposed to a PC because for most Glass is something they KNOW is making a difference without really sitting down for an intense listening session and still wondering if the PC is making a difference.
    I'm not picking on anyone just compare apples to apples..
    and if you slap them of a guys head well get ready for a lawsuit as it you will most likely have been caught on video for the assault, lol
    Nah, won't be any video if their broken into a million pieces, both the glasses and the person. Whats this making a difference you speak of ? Ya kinda lost me with that one.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Very Funny!!! LOL

At least the Google Glass is a lot more streamlined than the Apple Product!!! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-21 at 11.50.59 PM.png
Views:	17
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	83077
    Attached Images  
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    Good point, it could go that way too.

With Bezos spending the dollars you spend on amazon to fund his spaceship company, and already having landed a contract with Big Brother/Uncle Sam to shuttle US astronauts to the International Space Station, it's truly a Brave New World.
    Ever see the movie Brazil? It's becoming more and more relevant every day, IMO.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Not interested.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

What the heck is with all this ridiculous overreacting. Move the screen from the hand to the eye, so instead of having to glance at your hand you just look at the screen in front of you, and all of the sudden it's some super spy device capable of infringing on people's rights? Sheesh. Get a grip, people.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII

All you tech newbies ..... hmmmphh........ a little late to the parade, I'd say.

Name:  xray_specs.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  134.9 KB

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

The real problem will occur when the screen viewing device that is NOW VISIBLE becomes invisible to the person not wearing the glasses. Can you imagine, as an instructor, trying to give an exam in class and NOT knowing who is wearing Weblinked glasses that can access all of your class materials online as he/she takes the exam! Or even communicate with others during the exam?

What do you do, collect everyone's glasses before the exam and SCAN them for chips? And then there are tonyb's concerns, which are also valid. Remember some recent films where a giant computer can gaze upon anything and anyone through a sophisticated network of cameras and web-devices (that it can access anyone and everyone!)? Well, it's just about "here"!

Tie one of those to an ever more sophisticated squadron of "drones" and watch out!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-22-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Cheating is rampant, with or without technology. Not like this would be anything new to deal with. But, would be fairly easy to deal with Google glasses. Just instruct the students to remove Google glasses for exam. Just like now, when they ask students to put smartphones away for exam. It's not like the technology is invisible and the instructor wouldn't notice someone wearing them. In fact it'd be a lot harder to hide something that displays something directly in front of your eyeball than it would be to hide a smartphone somewhere it could be glanced at.

The "Eagle Eye" scenario... Tin foil hats and black helicopters. Movies vs. real life.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Real life vs. your naivete.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Cheating is rampant, with or without technology. Not like this would be anything new to deal with. But, would be fairly easy to deal with Google glasses. Just instruct the students to remove Google glasses for exam. Just like now, when they ask students to put smartphones away for exam. It's not like the technology is invisible and the instructor wouldn't notice someone wearing them. In fact it'd be a lot harder to hide something that displays something directly in front of your eyeball than it would be to hide a smartphone somewhere it could be glanced at.

The "Eagle Eye" scenario... Tin foil hats and black helicopters. Movies vs. real life.

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    I'm with gdb on this one. If you read me "correctly", I say when YOU CANNOT tell the difference between prescription glasses and internet versions. Do you "require" those WHO NEED glasses to remove them, in other words EVERYONE regardless of what they are wearing? And if all of your students (or most) wore glasses from the beginning of class, how would you go about determining which were 'real' and which were unnecessary? YES, we can TELL NOW. But I GUARANTEE you we WILL NOT be able to in the near future.

As far as "cheating", any good Prof. can pretty much call that on the basis of what he/she sees performance wise during a semester. But if we had everyone with non-distinguishable Web-focals, it would be MUCH, MUCH harder. Because everyone would have more "consistency" in their performance?

I think you miss the point, here. The end goal is to make these things "INDISTINGUISHABLE" from normal eye glasses. And IDEALLY, to turn them into a contact lens version where you would NOT even KNOW someone was wearing anything at ALL! That's certainly possible, or will be soon.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-22-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

So, all of this fear is because someone might use them to cheat on an exam? Come on guys, get real. People already cheat on exams all day, every day. Does not explain the reaction in this thread.

So, all of this fear is because someone might use them to cheat on an exam? Come on guys, get real. People already cheat on exams all day, every day. Does not explain the reaction in this thread.
    Have you seen the movie "Brazil"?

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Have you seen the movie "Brazil"?
    I have Brazil on BR, but not yet watched it. I think cheating on exams is only a very, trivial, minor possibility with instant, inconspicuous, Internet access, compared to what is possible. How this works out should be thought of and discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I have Brazil on BR, but not yet watched it.
    One of the 10 best movies ever made, IMO. And, as I said; it's becoming more and more relevant everyday.

Naw man, cheating on an exam is just one of many possibilities. For me anyway, I would think most people would have an adverse reaction to being recorded, listened to, data mined, at every turn. I just can't figure out when we became so tolerant of our privacy being washed away.

Bloomberg said it yesterday. They are adding more cameras and get used to it!

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1296103
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

If it were an Apple product, all you people would be going ape**** over this.

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    I would just like to state for the record to Our Most Precious and Sincere Overlords and Masters that I am in complete agreement with Syndil and am entirely opposed to the non-comformist, seditious, despicable attitude inferred by gdb's post.
    All good Americans should embrace the security and warmth of Your Loving Embrace, secure in the knowledge that only You know what's best for us !
    Shame on those who would question the Power and Glory of the State !!

..... uhm ..... Amen.

P.S. Dear Masters of All That is Good, I have a suspicion that gdb is using incandescent light bulbs in his home in opposition to Your Will. I, who only use fluorescent bulbs as You Wish, feel uncomfortable with this situation and want You to be aware of this situation. Please feel free to use your Firefly Cameleon program to survey gdb's house for these terroristic violations.
    Last edited by mrbigbluelight; 03-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Naw man, cheating on an exam is just one of many possibilities. For me anyway, I would think most people would have an adverse reaction to being recorded, listened to, data mined, at every turn. I just can't figure out when we became so tolerant of our privacy being washed away.
    We're already there. Google glasses is just a physical form factor mod, moving the screen and camera to the eye/face. I just don't see it as the doomsday device it's being made out to be.

And data mining is harmless to the individual, beneficial to the masses. As an I.T. guy, I could monitor every webpage my clients visit, read every single email, instant message, etc. But I don't (well, not unless specifically asked to). One, it's unethical and immoral, but more importantly, people, you're just not that interesting. Why would I bother. Unless someone is out to steal your personality, which is a whole different animal from data mining, no one cares what you're doing. Google certainly doesn't--they are only collecting data points to identify larger trends and tailor search results/ads to the most relevant audience. No one at Google actually gives a crap what you are doing.

Google may themselves not give a hoot what your doing, but government does, and the sharing of that information and on who is the concern. Google glasses while cool and a nice toy, really is just another venue to spy on people. I hate using that word "spy" because it sounds sinister. The PC word is "data mining". I have no doubt from a company's perspective that data mining would be used for the purposes you outlined. It's the marriage of corporations and government that people don't trust. If all the info companies like Google collected were random B.S., governments wouldn't be asking for access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    I would just like to state for the record to Our Most Precious and Sincere Overlords and Masters that I am in complete agreement with Syndil and am entirely opposed to the non-comformist, seditious, despicable attitude inferred by gdb's post.
    All good Americans should embrace the security and warmth of Your Loving Embrace, secure in the knowledge that only You know what's best for us !
    Shame on those who would question the Power and Glory of the State !!

..... uhm ..... Amen.

P.S. Dear Masters of All That is Good, I have a suspicion that gdb is using incandescent light bulbs in his home in opposition to Your Will. I, who only use fluorescent bulbs as You Wish, feel uncomfortable with this situation and want You to be aware of this situation. Please feel free to use your Firefly Cameleon program to survey gdb's house for these terroristic violations.

Flame throwin' Halogens baby ! (at least while Big Brother allows their sale ! ) I just had my confiscated 12 gauge returned to me a year after I "killed" the front tire on the truck belonging to the guys burgling my barn! Did not see that comin' in todays climate !
    Last edited by gdb; 03-23-2013 at 05:33 PM.

If all the info companies like Google collected were random B.S., governments wouldn't be asking for access to it.
    I think this has been blown way out of proportion from certain media sources. Despite what you may have heard, due process still exists.

I think this has been blown way out of proportion from certain media sources. Despite what you may have heard, due process still exists.
    There ya go being na´ve again...........

For some, not all, and even then due process can be revoked at any given time if one man decides it's necessary. Maybe you didn't know that, I dunno. These types of legislations never get the coverage they should, and for good reason....well, good reason to some.

My question still stands, when did we become so tolerant of our privacy being washed away ?

Was it becouse we call it Data mining now ? Or we were told it's for our own good...safety ? Hasn't history taught us the process to surfdom ?

It's "serfdom." And where is the violation of privacy? If you buy Google glasses or sign up for a Google account, you accept the terms of service when doing so. No one is forcing anyone to do either. If you're talking about being photographed by such a device while in public, well guess what, you're in public. Unless you've got a squad of ninjas in your house wearing Google glasses, where's the problem?

Data mining I already explained. No one cares what you are doing, aside from being a part of the collective trend. You are less than a number. You are a drop in the bucket, without even a number.

I'm guessing you guys live in one-room shacks in the middle of the woods of Montana. Surprised you're even on the Internet. You know every site you visit at minimum is able to track your IP address, and by extension, approximate physical location, right? It's only a matter of time till the man sends the drones after you.

It all started with the internet and has become more main stream with MySpace, Facebook and Twitter. Currently if you don't participate in giving out personal information and daily updates then people think that something is wrong with you. Either you’re trying to hide something, You're Up to no good or you're a Hermit crab.

My question still stands, when did we become so tolerant of our privacy being washed away ?

I'd rather have someone think me strange than hand over every privacy right.

Looky what I found.
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/bill-gate...rack-students/

Isn't this special. Gates using his coin to start a data base of.....your kids. School kids to be more exact, grades, tests, social security numbers, etc, without any parental OK needed. Schools will supply all that info on your kids without asking you, the parent. How and when did this become legal ? Was their some legislation that fell threw the cracks that said you have no privacy rights ?

Wouldn't ya know it, my state has agreed to hand over all this info, again, without asking parents. WTF ?

Thread Information