Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Mine was a nickname I had among high school friends back in the '90's. Was really obsessed with zombie movies from the likes of Romero, Fulci, etc. The 2000 part made it sci-fi or something. Who knows? Either way, people just started calling me ZB or ZB2K. Some will still call me that if I haven't seen them in a while. So yeah...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by kuntasensei View Post
    A friend and I had been drinking and both Roots and Shogun were on TV at the same time... and he looks at me and says, "What do you call a black martial arts master?"

Yeah, it's horrible... and if I could change it, I would.
    Now that's funny, since everytime I see your name my brain goes Kunta Kinte automatically. LOL.

As for my own screen name it is what Aol gave me when I signed up.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (0)

rromeo923
    Rick Romeo (my name) Sept 23rd (the day I first kissed my wife )
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Member Sales Rating: (6)

My handle is pretty easy. The Dawg part comes from the nickname of my alma mater The University of Georgia. The fish part refers to my part time occupation as a fly fishing guide.

Quote Originally Posted by rromeo923 View Post
    rromeo923
    Rick Romeo (my name) Sept 23rd (the day I first kissed my wife )
    Look at you, you sly dog...

Mine is my last name, other two initials and the day my birthday is on...Feb 21
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (6)

falconcry: This nickname dates back about 13 years. Me and a group of good buddies were camping in the middle of nowhere in the woods of South Carolina. We were sitting on logs around a fire, passing around bottle of whiskey. I leaned over to rip one, and it came out like a high pitch shriek! One buddy said it sounded like a falcon's cry. The name stuck, and I still get called that by some people.

72: One of my favorite years for live performances by the good'ole Grateful Dead.

So there you have it: falconcry72
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Member Sales Rating: (10)

seeclear--> I am an Optometrist.

I know seeclearLY would be more correct, but there is a bogus vision improvement system that has been advertised as the See Clearly Method. It is based off of the old Bates method that was first proposed in (I think) the '50s that has been discredited over and over again through the years. So I didn't want to be associated with that, and seeclear it is!

Actually pretty boring compared with some of the other stories.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."

Member Sales Rating: (18)

My late dog's name
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo speaker cable, XLO jumpers, AQ Diamondback Ics, AQ HDMI x2, AQ component, Signal cable analog II Ics, Signal cable digcoax, Signal cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 (on the way, thanks Sal) and Harmony PS3 Adapter(picking it up tonight) LG dvdp(for the kids) , Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Lasareath = first three letters are my first name reversed and "a reath" sounded medevil to me when I was 12 and I needed a username to play Ultima 2 on my Commodore 64!!! LOL

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

In days of yore, there was this thing called "Dial Up" where your computer hooked up to the InterWebs via your phone line and a modem. Would cost you $29.99 a month for AOL ($19.99 a month for Juno).
    Or you could use Kmart's free service; pick up a free disk at the checkout counter, install, and you're dialing out at 1200 baud (9600 baud if you could afford the modem).
    Kmart was footing the bill, so in honor of their in-store Blue Light Specials, I chose my monicker.

.... at least that's the reason I'll tell for purposes of Homeland Security Surveillance.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lightman... I fix lights....It's what the other linemen called me when I first started working there.

From Paul McCartney and Wings. Venus And Mars

I like building speakers , my quest is for true sound reproduction I want home subs that can do 20 hertz .

Quote Originally Posted by greyford1979 View Post
    Mine's easy, I have a 1979 Ford F150
    What color is it?
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    In days of yore, there was this thing called "Dial Up" where your computer hooked up to the InterWebs via your phone line and a modem. Would cost you $29.99 a month for AOL ($19.99 a month for Juno).
    Or you could use Kmart's free service; pick up a free disk at the checkout counter, install, and you're dialing out at 1200 baud (9600 baud if you could afford the modem).
    Kmart was footing the bill, so in honor of their in-store Blue Light Specials, I chose my monicker.

.... at least that's the reason I'll tell for purposes of Homeland Security Surveillance.
    ^^^^mrbigbluelight = undercover cop!
    JK, I always think of the police when I see you post.

Mine is my grandfathers initials + ster.
    One of the greatest men I have known (both my grandfathers where giants among men).
    Everyone called him Pep!

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    I am neither a tornado (just ask at work) nor do I have red hair. My VW Jetta does have Tornado Red paint, however.
    That's funny--Mine is based on a former car's paint color too. I had a Ford Contour SVT with silver frost paint. (Ag being the chemical symbol for silver)

Several years ago, my friend and I were waiting outside of a Megadeth concert (Gigantour Tour) for this promotions guy from the local rock station for some tickets. As we were waiting, my buddy and I said that we'd tell the venue employees that we were with the band so we could get in; he was Steve Gigantour and I was John Megadeth.

For the record, my name's not John :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Lasareath = first three letters are my first name reversed and "a reath" sounded medevil to me when I was 12 and I needed a username to play Ultima 2 on my Commodore 64!!! LOL

Huh, don't remember that one Sal. I do remember Eurebus, Master of Lamps, and a number of others however.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post

I remember using that Kmart free service! Totally forgot about it until you brought it up.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

My boss started calling me "ratster" and it just stuck.
    Main
    Parasound P5
    Parasound A21
    Cambridge Audio tuner
    Yaquin tube buffer (PearsAll)
    Rotel RCD1072
    Morrow Sp3
    Morrow Xlr
    Lsi15 w/Fortress mod.

Bedroom
    HK3490
    Adcom 555
    Marantz 5003
    Monitor 70 II
    Signal cables

Zane is the nickname of my cutting horse and 77 is a lucky number
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by zane77 View Post
    Zane is the nickname of my cutting horse and 77 is a lucky number
    Cutting horse????
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

American Quarter Horse used for separating and holding cows away from the rest of the herd. They do this on a slack rein because they love it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-5h4gzphE
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I used to spend a lot of time river and stream fishing before I moved to the desert. Most of the people I knew online at the time said not to change it, so I'm still Rivrrat.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

Mine is the initials of all the fat people i have starved and turned into flesh suits!!!

or...if i put a period in the right spot, it reads Mr. Biron.
    You choose which is more interesting.

Well I'm a Door's fan and ground zero for them was the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and La Cienega. They had an office there (where they recorded LA Woman) and Jim Morrison lived on and off at a hotel across the street. His girlfriends clothing shop was right around the corner, as was their other recording studio, and the Whisky a Go Go on the Sunset strip was not far away either. Must have been a really cool area back in the day.
    Attached Images  
    2 channel
    Vandersteen 3a sigs
    McCormick 225
    Vincent SAT-1 tube pre
    Cambridge 650 c
    HSU VTF-15H sub

Thread Information