Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Default Thank you Club Polk !

As I sit here not able to believe how good my little office rig sounds I just have to thank Club Polk. I would never have known how good music can sound and be enjoyed if I had not joined in 2008. Rti8s started it all.

For that matter, I should include my main rig.

I have had the office rig setup for about a month now and have been focused on burning everything in which means a lot of listening.

Maybe its because it is snowing outside but all I can say is WOW !

Thank you Club Polk!
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I agree, I have to credit a lot of my knowledge and interest in the hobby to this here little community.

Thanks all.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Agreed but sometimes I wish I had my money back.. LOL!!
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    You said it, man. I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into when I came here. I was asking how I could make my RT-7's powered by a receiver sound better...
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    That's what my wife said...and yes still a newbie and CP is where I started my critical listening and hobby

Got on here while putting together my HT system and its been down the rabbit hole ever since

Glad ur rockin' Mr Smith...can't wait for your new tube reviews
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Nice thread. Id like to thank Club Polk as well and for all all the great people on this site who share their love and passsion for all things audio. I just joined a few months ago and and, thanks to this site, I discovered the world of SDAs and was lucky to buy pair from a fellow Polkie. And that was just the first step down this long and winding rabbit hole. I am still learning about separates and lots of other stuff...and loving every minute of it. Thanks again, Club Polk.

My main speakers are Polk audio RTi-A1 (cherri) if I have to recommend small bookshelf speakers with a BIG sound...the RTi-A1 are a must!!!. For the money I can not get better quality speakers than the RTi series. Hats off to Polk audio for the small tanks Rti-A1. Thanks Polk audio
    Make it simple...Make it better!

Member Sales Rating: (8)

How do you like the airport express as a source? I am thinking of one for a secondary rig and or whole house sound.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

I love it Scott. Provided me access to a lot of music.

Apple has refurbs of Gen 1 and Gen 2. SUpposedly Gen 1 is better if you choose to do toslink to DAC. I am not currently using a DAC and am in no hurry to find one but I am on the look out for a couple of older DACS.

Might ask assimilated how he likes his.
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

I for one learned nothing but how to be an elitist pig. Anything else would be gravy at this point.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

After reading countless cable and power cord threads I broke down and stuck my foot in the water with Mapleshade cables and Pangea power cords. Now I am in the deep water with MIT ICs, and Shunyata speaker and power cables. Thanks to all who made good posts that convinced me to take the plunge.

I would also like to thank all the buffoons who provide comic relief with their nonsense posts about how cables make no difference.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Good evening, gentlemen. Oh...my manners, ladies too. Club Polk has provided me with a stepping stone in which to advance my knowledge about audio and my system. I've made a few life long friends along the way and for that, I am most thankful as I know I will still be friends with them 'till I'm six feet deep. It's a great place to hang, pass the time and get involved in the hobby I enjoy so immensely. The future is bright and I too would echo your thoughts on thanking Club Polk, the members and the company. The good times that I have experienced as a result just can't be bought.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I for one learned nothing but how to be an elitist pig. Anything else would be gravy at this point.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (2)

This site has been responsible for a few upgrades to my modest HT system (by the forum standards). Fortunately for me I don't get major upgraditis, and I tend to stay happy once I like something, so my cash outlay in the FM has been limited to hundreds instead of thousands.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

Member Sales Rating: (21)

I heard that Google Gigabit is expanding to Olathe?

Man that would be sweet.

Sounds like you have settled down and are enjoying life after the move.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa

My Mid-Fi Systems - In The Showcase

Hey Scott, hope all has been good. Not sure if I will see Google hit my area but maybe. It woukd be nice, AT&T DSL is just barely making it.

KS is ok but its not Texas, I hate the taxes up here. We kept our house in Texas anticipating returning some day.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Yep this place has been a godsend to my audio enjoyment and a bane to my wallet! The people here make it my favorite website for sure.

Thread Information