Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Welcome Usher CP-777 Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by organ View Post
    Helen,
    Time to buy some lotto tickets before you make anymore posts. Your post count is 777.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I like how your post in this thread is #777
    Well, the babies are now in. Funny how using the iPad for so long, I had no idea what my post count was! It was a sure fire good sign of what was in the process of coming. I actually purchased the Usher CP-777 a few days prior to my 777th post.

Went up to work today and saw that FedEx was delivering today, ran home to work remotely. What made this even better? I was not charged any tariffs to import these babies. Here are some pics taken by the iPad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	83270

Views:	120
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	83271

Views:	162
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	83272

Views:	133
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	83273

Views:	143
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	83274

Views:	179
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	83275

Views:	359
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	83276

Views:	326
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	83277

Views:	265
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	83278

Views:	292
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	83279

Views:	287
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	83280
    Music || Chord Hugo DAC | Usher 777 DMD | B&K Ref | High Rez Digital |
    Movie || SMX ProCurve 2.35 1.30 | Seymour CenterStage xD AT Screen | JVC DLA X500 |
    Garage || LSIM 705 | NAD | Sony CDP |

When you buying a third for a center channel?
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (10)

when's the get together? would be nice to hear them at LSAF.
    Last edited by marvda1; 03-26-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    when's the get together?
    Probably after his hernia operation

Sweet my brotha'....see u in 6 weeks
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    Probably after his hernia operation

Sweet my brotha'....see u in 6 weeks
    I heard these were on a boat....
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I heard these were on a boat....
    He had to get them upstairs
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    He had to get them upstairs

Let my response.... sink.... in. OR, go check your email.

When you decide to sell it!

When you buying a third for a center channel?
    Forget that, how about when are the 705's going up for sale lol...
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Just WOW! ...and... enjoy!

DDG! Congrats
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

I still enjoy the 705's a lot, and will keep them with the 706's for home theater duty. I planned on having the Usher's in a dedicated 2 channel audio room, there will be slight changes.

Right now, I am breaking in the speakers and really like the sound. The tweeters are not harsh or too forward, which is the sound I prefer. Overall, from top to bottom it is a solid performer. Currently, my Kimber 8TC's are connecting the speakers to a B&K amp. I will swap out the cables to try out the Usher Cables.

Originally I planned on bringing these to LSAF, but after carrying these speakers I highly doubt it will happen.

Halen

Quote Originally Posted by halenhoang View Post
    I still enjoy the 705's a lot, and will keep them with the 706's for home theater duty. I planned on having the Usher's in a dedicated 2 channel audio room, there will be slight changes.

Right now, I am breaking in the speakers and really like the sound. The tweeters are not harsh or too forward, which is the sound I prefer. Overall, from top to bottom it is a solid performer. Currently, my Kimber 8TC's are connecting the speakers to a B&K amp. I will swap out the cables to try out the Usher Cables.

Originally I planned on bringing these to LSAF, but after carrying these speakers I highly doubt it will happen.

Halen
    Would love to know your thoughts on the Kimbers v the other stuff you've run. I am looking at 8VS for my RTA's paired with PBJ IC's throughout my 2 channel system.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

ok halen, you've had enough time to play with the new speakers, how about a mini review.
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...pin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo

ok halen, you've had enough time to play with the new speakers, how about a mini review.
    Marvin,

I have spent several hours a day listening and breaking in the speakers. I honestly could say that I am hearing or noticing much more details in music when compared to the LSIM's. I tried several movies with the Usher's in two channel only mode, I am impressed. I watched the latest batman movie with no sub, and could also honestly say that it exceeds my complete home theater setup with the LSIM's. The details, airiness, soundstage and amazing bass.

For music. This is where my heart was broken. 100% of Asian recorded music is unlistenable. Very scratchy, chalk board screeching highs, thanks to the revealing diamond tweeters. The LSIM's treated the Asian music wonderfully. I need to get my learn on to open a recording studio for the Asian market. Cha Ching!!

I put in Rita Wilson's cd and listened to Dream, ah, the sweet sound of good recording came all back. I also played The Phantom of the Opera CD and enjoyed every second of it. Along with my purchase, I received 4 new Audiophile CD's, two from Usher and two from Hong Kong audio shows. The music selection in all of the CD's were very good. I was able to test the music varieties from vocals, to instruments to soundstage.

Please do not ask what DAC or CD player I am using, because I am trying to avoid or For Sale area of the forum. I have peeked a few times and left in disgust with the quality items at extremely good prices. I am yearning for a nice tube amp, like always. But again, I am now thirsting for offerings from Odyssey and BAT. Hell, since I am spilling my guts, I am thirsting for a DAC too. Hell again, I stared long and hard at the Tyler Linbrooks in the sale area the other day too. For a second, I foreplayed with the thought of replacing the LSIM with the Tyler's as I have not listened to them yet. Truth is, the polks are my babies and serves the home theater very well.

Back to the Usher's. Once I get some things worked out, I will place them back into the two channel room. I originally wanted three kids but with the new speakers, I think I will have only two. Because the speakers will have a permanent place in a bedroom! Hahaha, kidding.

One day, I will have get together with you guys and become the reviewers. Once again, the speakers exceeded what I felt with B&W diamond speakers, Focal Profile line (no experience with the Utopias) and many Kefs. It is a personal experience, one that I am willing to openly share.

Details, details, details.... There, that should sum it up.

Halen.

P.S. I am now passed my domestic appertizer beers of six, now moving on to Stella's and Boddington's.

Cool stands.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Those 777's are very rare, and cool, speakers.

It is my understanding that Usher never imported the 777's to dealers in the US, so any pairs that are here were originally purchased outside the US and then shipped here.

There was a pair for sale on audiogon about 2 years ago... I almost bought them. They were and older version with the original tweeter they used before the BE.

Congrats, I bet they sound great!

As far as your DAC goes... if you are going to use a digital source, you HAVE to have a high quality DAC. Period. Do not skimp here! With a great DAC, you will appreciate the added detail of the Ushers; with a low-quality DAC, you will resent their unforgiving nature.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

the reason the cp 777's were never imported into the us was because of the price. they were very expensive that it made more sense to buy one of the larger floorstanders. the reason they were so expensive was because they were true d'appolito configuration.
    not all mtm designs are d'appolito. d'appolito requires the mid/bass drivers to be almost identical in specs and also the crossover parts to have tight spec requirements. if one thing is off you will hear it. if you have to replace a mid/bass driver you have to send the good one in to find a match or get two new ones thus the cost.
    Main system

halen, what are you using for jumpers on the cp 777's? i hadn't thought about it in the past but last night i put other jumpers that i had on hand on the mini dancer 2. less bass smaller(lower) vocal placement and while the sound was faster it seemed like the notes would run together as in traffic jam. put the other set back in and good sound again. i've just got the Be tweeters i can imagine how revealing the diamond tweeters are.
    Main system

Marvin,

I am using the standard jumpers that came with them. I have been looking at DAC's and tube amps the past several days. I kind of regret not picking up the Raysonic SP-66 tube amp last year, maybe something else will come catch my attention. Am in desperate need of a quality DAC first, then amp. I have become a CD freak as of late, but have also been collecting lossless/DSD music. DSD is pretty damn impressive quality. What to do, what to get.

The Pio SC is just not doing anything for me, from music to HT. Once upon a time it did. I will probably end up using the Pio receiver for the garage in the very near future. I hate this upgrade bug.

Please keep an eye out for a DAC or tube amp for me as well.

Now if I could coerce Skip to come down with his CD player and do a special acoustic panel delivery! Hahaha

Halen

Oppo Mr. Hoang. Oppo.

105 to be exact...

Skip,

I am guessing that am Oppo could be directly connected to an amp? Serves music, movies and stream content? Say, MKV containers?

If so, I need to find someone willing to trade one for my SC receiver, else, time to be a hawk on the gon.

if someonewere to have a get together this weekend i could bring my grant fidelity dac along with the transport so someonecould take a listen. the grant can also be used as a preamp.
    Main system

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Great looking speakers; congrats!

Very nice looking speakers.
    BTW, may be it's the pictures but the speakers appear much larger than the stands made for them.
    Hopefully, they won't tip over.

Also, what is the other black speaker?

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Also, what is the other black speaker?
    ....and you call yourself a Polkie

....and you call yourself a Polkie
    Haha... I never had or listened to any of those LSI lines so didn't think they were Polks.
    So that's LSI705 or 707 then.
    My budget is not that high for Polks or any speaker so was not familiar on how they look.

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

The "black" speakers are midnight mahogany LSIM 705's. I will always have a Polk product at my place.

The stands for the Usher's are adjustable, what you see is the compacted height. The stands serve its purpose very well. On a side note, the speakers are huge!

I have been reading up on the amp thread on this site, and the Pass Lab's are amazing. Had the chance to hear a couple of them at LSAF last year.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

the reason the cp 777's were never imported into the us was because of the price. they were very expensive that it made more sense to buy one of the larger floorstanders. the reason they were so expensive was because they were true d'appolito configuration.
    not all mtm designs are d'appolito. d'appolito requires the mid/bass drivers to be almost identical in specs and also the crossover parts to have tight spec requirements. if one thing is off you will hear it. if you have to replace a mid/bass driver you have to send the good one in to find a match or get two new ones thus the cost.
    Interesting, no offense to Polk but is this what they did, or tried, to do with the RTA tower line-up? Just wondering since these Polks were touted as having this design.

Awesome looking Ushers BTW...

The past week or so I got my hands on a vintage Marantz stereo integrated. First impressions were amazing! I could not believe the sound that was coming from the speakers, powered by the Marantz. The details of the music had so much more depth to it.

I spent a good amount of time listening to Kelly Sweet sing Je T'aime, Phantom of the Opera, and Natalie Merchant's Ophelia.

Vintage equipment certainly has sparked my interest.

Halen

Thread Information