Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by B Run View Post
    I was thinking about that earlier, how easy was it to upgrade that little resistor to the tweeter? 3-4 weeks before I get them and I already want to upgrade them. Glad to see all the love for Zu on here, can't wait to check em out.
    B Run, it was easy to do the cap upgrade. Zu basically sent me a new tweeter with the cap's already attached. All I had to do was remove the drivers pull the old tweeter out and drop the new one in. No soldering required. Personally the cap upgrade cleanup the highs even better.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlight View Post
    B Run, it was easy to do the cap upgrade. Zu basically sent me a new tweeter with the cap's already attached. All I had to do was remove the drivers pull the old tweeter out and drop the new one in. No soldering required. Personally the cap upgrade cleanup the highs even better.
    Already had them do it for me, it was only $40 more so I felt like it was a no-brainer.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

There is a very informative thread on Audiogon giving all the ins and out of Zu speakers. It's now at 4 pages long. See here. What I'm getting out of it is that the Druids are super sensitive to the amp pairing and it takes careful matching for the speakers to sound their best. They recommend low watt tube amps, like the Audion Black Shadow or Melody 845.

Quote Originally Posted by B Run View Post
    Already had them do it for me, it was only $40 more so I felt like it was a no-brainer.
    At $40 it is a no brainer. Looking forward to your impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern Dog View Post
    I'm a bass fiend and to really float my boat I'd need the Zu Definition IV's which come equipped with dual 10" drivers and a 12" sub: http://www.zuaudio.com/#definition-mk4-loudspeaker.php Those Definitions are like $13k

For now I prefer the warmth & bass the Tylers add to the mix because it's a better synergistic match for my system.
    Hi,

I have just recently got the Druid V's over here in England, they are still running in, but are showing slivers of their wonders during their running in. So far they do everything that my Druid IV's did but with so much more tone density, texture, detail and the bottom end is much more controlled and tuneful.
    Looking at your pictures it looks like the gap from the plinth to the floor is too high, the gap needs to be between 3 and 10mm to load the cabinet for the bass.

Zu Audio have certainly done their R&D on this speaker.

Can't wait until they are completely run in :)

Thread Information