Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Polk RT1000p

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    165

    Default Polk RT1000p

    Does anyone own these?

    How would you rate these?

    Fair value for a used pair?

    Thanks
    Keith

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Nobody here owns these or has any opinions on these?

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Coconut Creek, Florida.
    Posts
    222

    Default

    I've never owned the RT1000's, but a friend has them and they do sound nice! Suprisingly deep low's, nice crisp highs.
    I'm not sure how to rate them, but MHO would be excellent for surrounds if you have the space!
    If you look around you can find a fair price for them.I wouldn't pay no more than 2-300 bucks for them.

    By all means I'm no retail expert/audio specialist, just someone who likes good sound during movies & music. I hope this can answer your questions on your quest in finding your RT's!

    Be well,
    Frank.
    RT5000
    RT3000p
    RT2000p
    CS1000p
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    PSW1200
    PSW1200 w/DSW Micropro amp (Inept Postal Goons Destroyed my original Plate Amp.)
    DSW MicroPro 4000

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    834

    Default

    There is a used set in the Chicago area on craigslist for $200. One of the amps is bad. However, over the last six months or so I have seem others for sale for a little more. Some say these sound better than the RT800i's??? More low end and better clarity at the top???
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

    2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    690

    Default

    They are decent speakers. They usually sell for around $200 in good condition with the amps working. Honestly, you can find plenty better used speakers for $200. If you can get them for less than that they might be worth getting.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    161

    Default

    I love my RT1000p's and I only replaced them when both amps went out. They were great for 8+ year. Still have them and hope to get them fixed.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I paid 300 RT2000p this time last year so i would say 200 or 250 the most i would be willing to pay depending on how bad you want them.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I can get a complete set with the polk audio cs400,two fx500,and two rt100p for $300. I know they are very old but in good shape is this a good deal?

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis Area
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Run. Don't walk. All are excellent speakers. $300 is a steal. The CS400 and FX500's are worth $300 alone.
    Display: Sony KV-34HS420 34" CRT
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
    Fronts: Polk RT1000p
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surrounds: Polk RT55
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Coconut Creek, Florida.
    Posts
    222

    Default

    +1 on these^^^^^!
    RT5000
    RT3000p
    RT2000p
    CS1000p
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    PSW1200
    PSW1200 w/DSW Micropro amp (Inept Postal Goons Destroyed my original Plate Amp.)
    DSW MicroPro 4000

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HTguru1982 View Post
    Run. Don't walk. All are excellent speakers. $300 is a steal. The CS400 and FX500's are worth $300 alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefkungfu View Post
    +1 on these^^^^^!
    Thanks wanted to know if it is a good deal vs paying more for newer just because.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis Area
    Posts
    958

    Default

    If everything works, then I definitely say go for it. The only thing you may have to worry about are the amps in the RT1000P's. If one of them goes bad, just disconnect it and make sure it's unplugged. You can still use the top drivers and it will still sound great. If you have a separate sub, then you probably will not want to use to subs in the speakers anyway.
    Display: Sony KV-34HS420 34" CRT
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
    Fronts: Polk RT1000p
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surrounds: Polk RT55
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Yes I have a outlaw sub so I may not use the sub on the speakers. How is the SQ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HTguru1982 View Post
    If everything works, then I definitely say go for it. The only thing you may have to worry about are the amps in the RT1000P's. If one of them goes bad, just disconnect it and make sure it's unplugged. You can still use the top drivers and it will still sound great. If you have a separate sub, then you probably will not want to use to subs in the speakers anyway.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    They will be powered by a Yamaha rx a3010.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis Area
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Very good IMO. They have a musicality to them that my RT800's did not have. I believe someone mentioned on another thread that it's probably because the top half of the speaker is sealed with a fixed crossover at 80hz. The single 6.5" midrange vs two in the RT800's also sounds less cluttered than the latter. Not that I'm really knocking the RT800, it's still a fine speaker. The 1000 is just a little better IMO.

    One of the amps in mine went bad so I don't use the subs at all. They still do a great job of filling my largish living room. The CS400 is a beast of a center. I use one with my 1000's and they compliment each other well. I've never heard the FX500's so I can't comment but I don't think anyone has ever been unhappy with them. In the end, you can spend $300 on new speakers but you will not come close to the performance of the Polk RT system.
    Display: Sony KV-34HS420 34" CRT
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
    Fronts: Polk RT1000p
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surrounds: Polk RT55
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Thanks for your help now I feel better about buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by HTguru1982 View Post
    Very good IMO. They have a musicality to them that my RT800's did not have. I believe someone mentioned on another thread that it's probably because the top half of the speaker is sealed with a fixed crossover at 80hz. The single 6.5" midrange vs two in the RT800's also sounds less cluttered than the latter. Not that I'm really knocking the RT800, it's still a fine speaker. The 1000 is just a little better IMO.

    One of the amps in mine went bad so I don't use the subs at all. They still do a great job of filling my largish living room. The CS400 is a beast of a center. I use one with my 1000's and they compliment each other well. I've never heard the FX500's so I can't comment but I don't think anyone has ever been unhappy with them. In the end, you can spend $300 on new speakers but you will not come close to the performance of the Polk RT system.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    This is along shot but I just picked up a full polk set including cs400,f/x500,and rt1000p for $230. One of the rt1000p mids (Polk MW7011 (BD7011) is frozen any chance of finding a mid?

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I also found I can use the mw7200.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. My Polk RT1000p refinish
    By ViperZ in forum DIY, Mods & Tweaks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:23 AM
  2. SOLD polk rt1000p and FXi30 for sale
    By dl090465 in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 06:23 PM
  3. wtb crossovers for polk rt1000p
    By zippty2001 in forum Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
  4. For Sale Polk RT1000P's
    By kawizx9r in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
  5. Blown MW7011 (Polk RT1000p)
    By ViperZ in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts