Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Room Treatment

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Room Treatment

Hello Folks,

Iím remodeling our basement for the 2nd time!

We are moving our Master Bedroom to the basement (Bi-Level so it's only 4' in the ground with large windows) which is going to be great as it gives us about 800 square feet to turn into our own private area away from the kids.

As for the Reno it is almost complete and not to bad expense wise.

This also gave me the chance to build/wire a Video/Audio/ Room 15í X 15í bamboo wood floors, walls and ceiling are insulated with Rock Wool Safe And Sound Insulation and completely new bathroom. (Wife lost her mind a little here steam shower and a bidet that washes youíre a$$ with warm water but happy wife happy life)

Iím moving all my components into a 4 x 4 storage room that about 10 feet from the center of the TV and it also where the electric panel is located which is great because Iím installing two 20 amp breaker just for the Audio equipment.

Iíve ran 1.5 inch plastic conduit in the walls to connect the speakers and TV below is the list of cables and parts.
    Custom speaker cables: From Doug with Douglas Connection (AKA helicopterdoug)

2-9 AWG @ 7' with black sleeving and locking banana plugs
    1-9 AWG @ 3í with black sleeving and locking banana plugs
    DIY cable and connectors:
    110' Furez 12 AWG 4 Conductor Speaker cable
    3 pair Locking Banana Plugs for amp end
    3 sets Vampire Wire BPHEX CB Binding posts
    3 Arlington LVU1B (Black) Recessed 1 Gang Low Voltage Box
    3 Black cover plates (includes mounting the binding posts)

So question if all the walls are already insulated would there be any benefit in additional room treatment? Iím thinking of building my own as lots of info here from other Pokies.

Cheers Roger

Parasound 1500A
    B&K AV5000 Series 2
    Rti A7 Modded by Trey
    Rti C6
    Pany VT30 65Ē
    Cambridge Azur 650C
    Soon to have Oppo 103

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Yes!!! If you that handy just do it!!! You will not be disappointed..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Don't know exactly how far along you are, but if you haven't sheet rocked the walls yrt,Ihave a suggestion. You may want to lay sound board, rather than sheet rock. Basically the same look, a little more expensive, and easier to work with. They use this stuff to help sound proof rooms, like in offices where counselors work. Seems to help with resonance. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    Yes!!! If you that handy just do it!!! You will not be disappointed..
    After I posted this I realize that it wouldn't make any difference to reflected sound so I'm make three panels to go behind the front speakers and two in the back corners And see how it sounds.

Cheers Roger

Quote Originally Posted by rpf65 View Post
    Don't know exactly how far along you are, but if you haven't sheet rocked the walls yrt,Ihave a suggestion. You may want to lay sound board, rather than sheet rock. Basically the same look, a little more expensive, and easier to work with. They use this stuff to help sound proof rooms, like in offices where counselors work. Seems to help with resonance. Just a thought.
    To late already got the board up.

Cheers Roger

Room Treatments are easy. The hardest thing is figuring out how to get them 1" off the wall. Well, it was for me since I was looking for the cheapest solution for hardware. That damn hardware can add up quick.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Room Treatments are easy. The hardest thing is figuring out how to get them 1" off the wall. Well, it was for me since I was looking for the cheapest solution for hardware. That damn hardware can add up quick.
    Yes I was just reading about that will have to figure out something when I'm building then. Maybe make corner legs that I can hang then on and also act as a spacer to keep then of the wall.

Cheers Roger

Quote Originally Posted by polk500 View Post
    Yes I was just reading about that will have to figure out something when I'm building then. Maybe make corner legs that I can hang then on and also act as a spacer to keep then of the wall.

Cheers Roger
    Check out my thread. Dan and I talked about cheap mounting options a bit in the thread. My solution is working quite well, though his is probably a better option if you have the tools available.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...quot-done-quot
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

All you have to do is make the frame 1-2 inches wider then the acoustic/bass trap panel and leave the gap on the inside/backside..

All you have to do is make the frame 1-2 inches wider then the acoustic/bass trap panel and leave the gap on the inside/backside..
    Unless your panels are frame-less like mine.

Sorry you don't get to share your new hood decal with the rest of the world Larry.

Unless your panels are frame-less like mine.

Sorry you don't get to share your new hood decal with the rest of the world Larry.

Why are yours frameless? Can't you make frames for them? And for some reason I thought you did, if I remember right yours turned out sweet...

I don't get the last quote.. Please explain yourself mister!!

I just went back to your thread, guess I missed or didn't remember that yours were frameless but beautiful just the same!!

I don't get the last quote.. Please explain yourself mister!!
    Alf.

Check out my thread. Dan and I talked about cheap mounting options a bit in the thread. My solution is working quite well, though his is probably a better option if you have the tools available.

Both are good ideas I like the idea of the dowels with a bit of a twist thinking of something close to what you done will have to test it and see if it works.

Dan's reminds me of how we used to hang cabinets and such very strong simple and secure. I think it's called a Dutch joint but when I google it it came up as a maraijana joint so that's not the name.

Cheers
    Roger
    Last edited by polk500; 04-02-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Alf.

Ahh!! Wow didn't think it was that bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by polk500 View Post
    Dan's reminds me of how we used to hang cabinets and such very strong simple and secure. I think it's called a Dutch joint but when I google it it came up as a maraijana joint so that's not the name.
    It's a French Cleat.

Thread Information