Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Desktop Amplifier for RTiA1

I currently have my Denon AVR-3312 hooked up to my desktop setup amplifying my RTiA1s. I have to clear up some space, and I will soon be using the Denon AVR in another setup. What options do I have for a desktop amplifier? I have considered the AudioEngine N22. I can get the N22 at a great price. Will it give the A1s what they need? I am using them as near field monitors, essentially.

Thanks!

Likely WAY out of your price range, but look at the Peachtree Nova. Its a nice all-in-one package that has everything but the kitchen sink.... and speakers. Used, they go for $750-800 though. If you're looking for a cheap solution, check out Parts Express for some T-amps, like this one: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=310-322
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

How about one of this or hell maybe two running in mono there are some in Craiglist here in the Bay Area going for $99.00 a bit more on Ebay.

http://www.parasound.com/ParasoundZ/zampv3.php

Cheers
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
    PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
    Rear- RTi8s
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-JBL L8400P 12"
    Player- Oppo BDP-103
    TT: Looking for a new one.
    Phono Pre-Amp: BBE FJB-200X

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30
    Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player
    Polk Audio LS70
    Hunting for a sub...

I have a Qinpu A3, and folks marvel at the warmth.... I upgraded the tubes with some NOS. Couple hundred bucks cost
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

I have a Qinpu A3, and folks marvel at the warmth.... I upgraded the tubes with some NOS. Couple hundred bucks cost

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...s-on-your-desk
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Likely WAY out of your price range, but look at the Peachtree Nova. Its a nice all-in-one package that has everything but the kitchen sink.... and speakers. Used, they go for $750-800 though. If you're looking for a cheap solution, check out Parts Express for some T-amps, like this one: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=310-322
    That sure does sound nice, but you are correct. That price just doesn't make sense for me to spend on this setup. I am looking around $100 to $300. The T-amp thing is pretty much up my ally, though. I'll be checking these out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrenhaus View Post
    How about one of this or hell maybe two running in mono there are some in Craiglist here in the Bay Area going for $99.00 a bit more on Ebay.

http://www.parasound.com/ParasoundZ/zampv3.php

Cheers
    That's interesting. I like it. I'll be looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey081057 View Post
    I noticed this device before. I like to switch out components often so I would be afraid that the Qinpu A3 wouldn't always have enough juice.

Thanks for all the responses.

As an aside, it might be smart to find you an amp that isn't USB powered like that AudioEngine. Not sure if it would introduce noise as much as a DAC can, but I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd be looking for a wall wart.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    As an aside, it might be smart to find you an amp that isn't USB powered like that AudioEngine. Not sure if it would introduce noise as much as a DAC can, but I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd be looking for a wall wart.
    The USB is actually used to power external devices. It provides power. That's it.

I see the power source now. I missed that the first time and stand corrected.

I'd still find one w/ a wall wart, the AE just falls into that category already

I just use an integrated amplifier... I have a Rotel RA970BX on my computer, and a Cambridge Audio A300 on my wife's.

I've been doing this for about 10 years now, after I'd replaced my third set of $150 amplified computer speakers that lasted a year.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post
    I currently have my Denon AVR-3312 hooked up to my desktop setup amplifying my RTiA1s. I have to clear up some space, and I will soon be using the Denon AVR in another setup. What options do I have for a desktop amplifier? I have considered the AudioEngine N22. I can get the N22 at a great price. Will it give the A1s what they need? I am using them as near field monitors, essentially.

Thanks!
    What sources do you need to connect up? More than one?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    What sources do you need to connect up? More than one?
    Only my computer.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post
    Only my computer.
    And if your computer has a good sound card with analog out, then I'm kinda with mikey081057 - a low powered, low cost tube amp - the RTiA1s are easy to drive, you are using them near field, you only need one input, and tubes will be a glowing warm compliment to the sparkle of the RTiA1s.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    And if your computer has a good sound card with analog out, then I'm kinda with mikey081057 - a low powered, low cost tube amp - the RTiA1s are easy to drive, you are using them near field, you only need one input, and tubes will be a glowing warm compliment to the sparkle of the RTiA1s.
    Thanks for the advice. I like the idea.

Thread Information