Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Nope, not going to either.
    Why? My inquiring mind wants to know.. LOL!!!
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Member Sales Rating: (0)

OK..good info mr bubbles. But i do have to ask...are both the 1C's and the 2B's unmodified????

At least give them the same playing field...LOL

Now i will be the first one to tell you..1C's don't work in a 12x12 room..at all...no matter what you want to do to the room. There just too large..period..they sound like junk.

Now you say a large room..well what is a large room and what is in it?? Now in my case..the 17X30 room, the speakers are pretty much sitting on a concrete slab basement...has a dropped ceiling with heavy acoustical tiles in it....has no furniture on the sides or in front of the speakers, and i sit 15 feet back in this room. There is a bar at the end of the room...thats about it.

Now the 1C's will pretty much kick your butt, when i'm sitting 15 feet back in the room, if you want anything louder or more bass.....then your looking for CV's or something.

If you put 2B's in my room..and i'm sitting 15 feet back...sorry I just don't see the 2B's being better then the 1C's....BUT..just MY opinion on that. The SDA's are very room dependent...but i will say the 1C's are about the WORST on that, even the large SRS stuff is probably better. I have had these speakers for a long time, and played them in alot of "large" rooms...but not this size. These speakers have never sounded better..the volume and sound stage is massive, and there is no speaker i tried out so far that could come close.
    Last edited by naturallight; 04-09-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    Why? My inquiring mind wants to know.. LOL!!!
    I like a warmer, musical sound and am not interested in the last bit of clarity/detail, of which I feel there is plenty already, as too much clarity/detail stands out and gets in the way of the music. It's a fine line achieving that ideal balance and I'm where I want to be, perfectly content with the overall sound quality.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I like a warmer, musical sound and am not interested in the last bit of clarity/detail, of which I feel there is plenty already, as too much clarity/detail stands out and gets in the way of the music. It's a fine line achieving that ideal balance and I'm where I want to be, perfectly content with the overall sound quality.
    Good explanation. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    SDA 2BTL Sonicaps Mills resistors RDO-198s New gaskets H-nuts Erse inductors Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Adcom GTP-450 preamp
    Adcom GFA-555 amp Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ Hidden away in the closet

Agreed 100%. I recently did two complete Monitor 10 rebuilds for customers with Clarity ESAs, and RDO-198s. They sounded outstanding, and my customers love them, however when I switched back to my 2ATLs, with Sonicaps and 198s, the top end is just smooth as can be. Granted there's no SDA effect with the 10s, but they seemed a little too "in your face" for my taste.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Thread Information