Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    193

    Default SVS Ultra Towers/Axiom M80 V3

    Hello All

    I know this probably isn't the best place to ask, but are there any SVS Ultra tower speaker owners on here. If so I would like to hear your review/thoughts on them.Specs on them look pretty good.

    I've had Polk Rti12's , LsiM 703/707's, Klipsch RF7ii's, and most recently a pair of Def Tech Mythos ST.Wondering if the sound was similar to any of them?

    I see they have a 45 day in home trial, but I live in Canada so I would have to pay the shipping costs both ways ( providing I didn't like the sound of them)

    On a side note how do the Axiom M80's stack up? Seem to have good reviews as well.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stilly74 View Post
    Hello All

    I know this probably isn't the best place to ask, but are there any SVS Ultra tower speaker owners on here. If so I would like to hear your review/thoughts on them.Specs on them look pretty good.

    I've had Polk Rti12's , LsiM 703/707's, Klipsch RF7ii's, and most recently a pair of Def Tech Mythos ST.Wondering if the sound was similar to any of them?

    I see they have a 45 day in home trial, but I live in Canada so I would have to pay the shipping costs both ways ( providing I didn't like the sound of them)

    On a side note how do the Axiom M80's stack up? Seem to have good reviews as well.
    I'd love to get my ears on the SVS Ultras. I think they have a Canadian distibuter. Check and see if the 45 day deal works with them.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    I'd love to get my ears on the SVS Ultras. I think they have a Canadian distibuter. Check and see if the 45 day deal works with them.
    Yes I have contacted the Canadian distributer and they have the 45 in home trail but you have to pay shipping costs so.....

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    193

    Default

    That would be 45 day in home "trial" not trail.. Lol

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stilly74 View Post
    Yes I have contacted the Canadian distributer and they have the 45 in home trail but you have to pay shipping costs so.....
    From the reviews I've read I doubt you'll be disappointed.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West TN
    Posts
    553

    Default

    I'd love to hear some also! I haven't read anything negative about them yet.
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

    Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    On AVS, they just did a speaker GTG and discuss their impressions here:

    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468211/ne...-april-13-2013

    IMO, they just do not sound like a speaker for my tastes. I'd have to get my ears on them. You can always do the 45-day audition and send them back at no charge, you can not lose. However, if money wasn't a concern, I'd pick the new Polk LSiM's any day of the week.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Ohh, nevermind. Just seen you were in Canada... Still might be worth checking out, even with a small shipping charge. It is always best to hear a speaker in your home environment.

  9. #9
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    On AVS, they just did a speaker GTG and discuss their impressions here:

    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468211/ne...-april-13-2013
    Thanks for posting this and it's a decent read. It's not a thrilling review of the Ultra Towers, but one more piece in the overall review picture for those who are interested in those speakers.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Based on what I've read so far from others reviewing the speakers, the towers seem to be loud, boomy, and fun. Should be good for home theater use.

    The setup in the AVS reviews may not have been ideal for those speakers though. Looked like they were put up on pedestals too close to the corners of the room. I suspect they'd appear to be less boomy if they were further away from the walls. Dual woofers and huge port out the back might make placement of the speakers difficult. Could probably avoid some of the boomy problems if they're set up with some room correction from a high end receiver or pre-pro, but I suspect even room correction could only take them so far from their design.

    Not really something I'm interested in though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. New SVS Ultra Towers
    By bklynNupe in forum Speakers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
  2. Axiom M2's VS Rti A1's
    By shenlonco in forum Speakers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 11:25 PM
  3. Axiom or . . .?
    By littleb in forum Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
  4. PB12 Ultra/2 To Replace My PC Ultra...?
    By wingnut4772 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 02:03 PM
  5. Axiom Anyone?
    By Early B. in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts