Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polk vs Klipsch

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Polk vs Klipsch

Hey guys,

Do any of you own klipsch speakers and would be able to tell me about the RF62ii compared to polks?

Which speaker is more brighter and what the comparable polk speaker to the klipsch RF62ii.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The best match would be the polk rti5 and they sound very diff, the polk looks way better

I've owned the Rti8 (similar to Rtia5) and Klipsch RF82 (one model up) and they are very different speakers. Both excel in the home theater department if that's what you're planning on using them for. I find the Klipsch is the easiest to drive, is more dynamic and is a little more musical. I feel the Polk has a more balanced overall sound, looks better and has a better midrange. Just my experience. What are you going to drive them with and what are you looking for in a speaker? It's a very personal question that nobody can really answer besides you, just depends on your personal taste. Horn speakers tend to be a love/hate kind of thing with people. FYI Polk has one of the best customer service departments around as well. Both can be "bright" with the wrong gear but can easily be balanced out with proper synergy, however they both kind of have a "bright" reputation, which gives that added sparkle for movies.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

How's that Apple taste compared to my Orange? Klipsch will be the brighter speaker due to the horn tweeter.

Thats why I said rti 5 as I think the op is looking for a polk thats just right for HT with that really revealing top end without being bright or harsh

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    Thats why I said rti 5 as I think the op is looking for a polk thats just right for HT with that really revealing top end without being bright or harsh
    I agree, especially running off a low-mid grade AVR. However I noticed with Klipsch moving up to Nad or Rotel gear really turned that "brightness" into a very nicely detailed top end with great dynamics. It's all about the associated gear and long term goals/expectations. They can definitely both sound bright if you ran them off a cheap Yamaha or Onkyo receiver that's driving a full 5.1 setup and not feeding them some good clean power. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one, but really think he should hear them both for himself since they're so different and it comes down to personal taste.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Well, I am no audiophile and am coming from a HTIB.
    It will be used for 70% HT and 30% music. room size 22X19 and opens to the kitchen and is carpeted.

I can tell you that when my wife and I went to the store this weekend and heard the pioneer and polk and klipsch v series (I forget the model number)
    The polk TSI300 stood out to us as bright and clean, which is what we like. The klipsch V series did not sound as good. Could have been the set up. This was for music and whatever receiver it was hooked up with.

Today I went to listen to the klipsch RF62ii and the guys was playing music through sonos online streaming. I liked the klipsch sound but felt that it was not bright as the polk. Could be many factors, receiver, room, distance to the speakers etc. This was without the center channel and the polk was with center channel.

Glad to hear that polk has a great customer service. I am getting a good price on the RF62ii and RC52 center under $1000.

I don't think I can get the Polk comparable spear and center for the same price. Can I ?

Can I compare the TSI300 to the RTIA5/7 or the Monitor 75T

ohh the receiver will be Pioneer SC 1522K
    Last edited by sid369; 04-29-2013 at 04:50 PM.

You could easily get some rti 5 with a csi a6 for under $1000 with a full warranty on polk's ebay page and these refurbs they have look identical to brand new. I will post some links for you, here is the add of their ebay page with awesome deals on it http://stores.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-Di...p2047675.l2563

I can't see a csi a6 but they do appear and you can call them and ask if they have any hidden under the couch at the polk ebay office
    Last edited by polkfarmboy; 04-29-2013 at 05:13 PM.

+100 for getting your speakers at the Polk direct ebay store. Just got my LSiM setup from them and everything looked brand new as and looked like I was the first person to open up the box. Only difference getting a referb over paying top dollar for new retail is the warranty. 2 years for referb and 5 years for new. Not that i'm sure you prob will never need the warranty as there made to last!

Oh and yes call/email them if you don't see what your looking for!
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)

I'd take the Polk Csi A6 over the Klipsch RC52 any day, and for HT the center channel is very important. +1 for Polk direct's ebay store too.

For a $1000 you could step the towers up to the larger RTi A7's.

The problem is that there is not dealer around me in Delaware who have the rtia5/7. I May have to see if someone in Philadelphia carries them.

Also, I am getting new klipsch with 5 year warranty vs. refurb polk with 2 year warranty.

Does polk have any online dealers who can gives the speakers for a discount?

http://stores.ebay.com/polkaudiodirect Buy from authorized dealers only if you want a warranty.
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Oppo 103

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Do a google search and check back here or with Polk to confirm "authorized" retailer status. As far as two year vs. five year warranties, I'd say if you get through two years you'll probably be good for more than five years on any set of Polk speakers. I would not worry about the warranty that much! NONE of my newer Polks have had any problems in the last 4-5 years!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Yeah I've had a Polk set for 10 years and no problems period. If its good when ya get it you should be fine long term.
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Oppo 103

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
    The problem is that there is not dealer around me in Delaware who have the rtia5/7. I May have to see if someone in Philadelphia carries them.

Also, I am getting new klipsch with 5 year warranty vs. refurb polk with 2 year warranty.

Does polk have any online dealers who can gives the speakers for a discount?
    Polk's HQ is in the Baltimore area so I would bet there are some dealers in MD that wouldn't be too far away from you. Where in DE are you at? I was born in Wilmington and have a lot of family throughout the DE/SE PA area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfish View Post
    Polk's HQ is in the Baltimore area so I would bet there are some dealers in MD that wouldn't be too far away from you. Where in DE are you at? I was born in Wilmington and have a lot of family throughout the DE/SE PA area.
    I am in newark, de and I just called a dealer in Baltimore called Soundscape and he said he has the RTIA7 and below.

Its an hour away and I will probably go on Saturday. feeling lazy to drive that far...haha

Almost thinking, going and listening to the polk tsi300 once more time and the klipsch rf62 and then just make up my mind and order, this should not be a shard as I am making this out to be.

Can I return the refurb if I don't like them? how many days?

Do Frys ever have them on sale? how much ....I am not in hurry and can wait.

Save your money and skip the Tsi series IMHO. It's not a fair comparison with the Klipsch RF series, they're more equivalent to their Synergy series. The Rti series is it's direct comparison in performance and price, and will give you the best HT results.

My oldest sister lives in Newark. Gotta agree with B Run, if you go with the Polks go with the RTis or RTiAs for ht.

The Klipisch with that horn is bright and I find it fatiguing. I came from Infinity Kappa’s with the ribbon tweeters. I thought that they where great until I went to a friends house that had Polk’s. I listened all day long and didn’t end up with a headache. I became a polkie on that day.

I went to a local dealer yesterday and listened to the Paradigm monitor 7. These sounded good and liked the sound and how it was coming to me, but pricey I have also head good things about the Martin Logan Motion 40 which I plan to listen and see how I like those.

Any comments on the Martin logan motion 40?

Haven't personally heard them but i'd definitely check them out before you buy anything, they seem to be very promising. I like paradigm's sound but feel like the monitors are overpriced for their performance, the Studios sound great but are much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by B Run View Post
    Haven't personally heard them but i'd definitely check them out before you buy anything, they seem to be very promising. I like paradigm's sound but feel like the monitors are overpriced for their performance, the Studios sound great but are much more expensive.
    I am getting more and more confused. I listened to the paradigm monitor 7 and it was good but I am sure at that price I can do better.

I have dropped the idea of klipsch and people are saying that the polks sound muddy. is that true for the RTIA line as well?

Anyways I am getting a deal on the RTIA7 for $720 pair. Is this a good deal? I am also now thinking of the KEF Q900 or Q300 and also the PSB T6.

What do you guys think?

I'd go with the KEF or PSB first, then look into Klipsch or Polk imho.

Never heard anyone ever say the word muddy or Polk in the same sentence ever. Only the opposite with the RtiA line and that would be crystal clear.
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Oppo 103

I could see muddy applying to the Monitor line if you have an experienced ear, but only to an experienced ear. It doesn't help that floor models are often severely limited by their setup, because on good power, the Monitor line can be quite nice.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Polk's muddy??? I love vintage sound and have them, I have heard the Rtia line and they sound great. I also hear that the Lsim bookshelf speaker's are jaw droppers.

Yeah I agree that I've never heard Polk's sound muddy. If you tried to run some Monitor 70's off a pos receiver I'm sure it would happen, but the Rtia series is crystal clear and fantastic for HT.

let me throw something else in the pot to think about. Don't forget about buying used. You can get alot more for the money and in your area , there should be plenty of choices. A seller offering a demo would be great .

Quote Originally Posted by fossy View Post
    let me throw something else in the pot to think about. Don't forget about buying used. You can get alot more for the money and in your area , there should be plenty of choices. A seller offering a demo would be great .
    I agree wholeheartedly. So many great deals on used speakers. Speakers last a long time.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything

Thread Information