Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default "Snapping" from center speaker

    Has anyone heard of this kind of problem? Sometimes during periods of "great intensity" during a movie or tv show I hear a "snapping" or "crackling" noise coming form the center speaker.

    It doesn't happen all the time. For example. I have Avatar dvr'd from HBO and everything sounds great, however when another station (like FX) was playing the movie I sometimes heard the crackling noise. I went back to my dvr and played the same section and nothing"

    Anyone with any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I have Comcast and some of the channels sound like crap. I also get that from HBO, FX, and FOX. I got a newer DVR but the sound is still bad. Not sure what you can do about it but if its not happening during BLURAY playback or anything else than its problebly at the source. (Cable company or the network) may not be much you can do. I would start by checking all connections to the speakers and receiver or amp. Make sure you don't have loose wires and make sure all connections are plunged in all the way. (To include the power cords) if you rent the DVR and its an older one you can contact the cable cable company and get a newer one. I know it's not much in the ideas department but hope it helps
    F:L/R LSi 15
    Cen: LSiC
    Sur: LSi FX
    SurBack: LSi 9's
    Sub: Modded PSW1000
    Sony STR-DA4400ES
    Emotiva UPA-200 W/Black Trim
    Emotiva XPA-3 W/Black Trim
    Samsung PN58A650 Plasma
    Plasma TV Wall Unit SKU: SH-CAESAR-WU

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Could be a partially blown driver.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Are you sure its just the center. I have had that problem before and I played the same movie on Blu Ray that I was watching on Verizon and didn't experience it. But in my case it was coming out of all the speakers..
    Samsung UN55C6500 55" LED
    Onkyo TX-NR3007
    Polk Audio RT5000
    -RT3000 front
    -CS1000 center
    -FX1000 dipole
    Polk Audio PSW1000 5.1 sub
    Polk Audio microPRO 4000 x2 5.2 subs

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I have the same problem. I was watching a movie on HBO last night, and during a loud scene, I heard a few pops coming from the speaker. I couldn't tell which one it was coming from. I am going to try a few things this weekend. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you my friend.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krt919 View Post
    I have the same problem. I was watching a movie on HBO last night, and during a loud scene, I heard a few pops coming from the speaker. I couldn't tell which one it was coming from. I am going to try a few things this weekend. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you my friend.
    I've come to the conclusion that most if not all of it comes from the broadcast signal so I'm done racking my brain on this one. This forrum has really helped. There's another thread on here where someone stated they heard the same noise while watching Game of Thrones. They mentioned when it happened and it was the exact same time that I heard it.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris23120 View Post
    Are you sure its just the center. I have had that problem before and I played the same movie on Blu Ray that I was watching on Verizon and didn't experience it. But in my case it was coming out of all the speakers..
    I've never heard it (or haven't noticed) from my surrounds. Never heard it with bluray. I think its the broadcast signal. I have Avatar dvr'd fro HBO and its perfect. When it played on another channel there was a crackling noise at a loud part played the same part from the dvr and no distortion at all.

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nme medic View Post
    I have Comcast and some of the channels sound like crap. I also get that from HBO, FX, and FOX. I got a newer DVR but the sound is still bad. Not sure what you can do about it but if its not happening during BLURAY playback or anything else than its problebly at the source. (Cable company or the network) may not be much you can do. I would start by checking all connections to the speakers and receiver or amp. Make sure you don't have loose wires and make sure all connections are plunged in all the way. (To include the power cords) if you rent the DVR and its an older one you can contact the cable cable company and get a newer one. I know it's not much in the ideas department but hope it helps
    I've come to the same conclusion that most if not all of these distortions come from a "dirty" broadcast signal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 05:09 AM
  2. Center Speaker Brackets- Polk "R" Drivers
    By johnADA in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 06:32 PM
  3. Polkaudio center speaker 20" w x 6" h x 6" d
    By dukespence in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 06:15 AM
  4. For Sale Onix RSC200 "bigfoot" center speaker (FedEx Special)
    By jephdood in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
  5. Need Help Using "regular" speaker for center speaker (RTi8)
    By SDPolk in forum Speakers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts