Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Help with speaker wire

I am setting up a new system in my basement. New TV, receiver, and 7.1 surround sound with Polk speakers. I am planning on using Polk in-wall/ceiling speakers for the rear and mid-rear speakers. I found a deal on Amazon for this Monster Cable CI Pro 14-2/500 14-Gauge 2-Conductor In-Wall Speaker Cable - 500-Foot Spool. Is this a good speaker wire for setting up the system? Also, can I put the speakers that are meant for in-wall in the ceiling? They seem like they would have a bit better sound that the in-ceiling ones.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Welcome to CP. No need for multiple posts for the same question. You can do much better for the $$ on wire than Monster. It's OK but overpriced. Look at blue jeans, signalcable or hell even monoprice for the same quality for cheaper....

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Welcome to CP. No need for multiple posts for the same question. You can do much better for the $$ on wire than Monster. It's OK but overpriced. Look at blue jeans, signalcable or hell even monoprice for the same quality for cheaper....
    Ok, thanks for the tips. I found the Monster cable on Amazon for about $150 for 500 feet. Thought that was competitively priced with some of the other brands. Anyone have an answer about using in-wall (rectangular) speakers in the ceiling as opposed to the in-ceiling (circular) speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by capsking View Post
    Ok, thanks for the tips. I found the Monster cable on Amazon for about $150 for 500 feet. Thought that was competitively priced with some of the other brands. Anyone have an answer about using in-wall (rectangular) speakers in the ceiling as opposed to the in-ceiling (circular) speakers?
    $150 for 500 feet seems reasonable?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Ken, just checked BJC and MonoPrice. Both cost more than what he's considering with this. I don't know how good this MC offering is, but if it's going in wall, you don't want to be doing this job again anytime soon. I would personally spend a little more and go with something proven reliable.

http://www.audioquest.com/flexible-series/flxdb-14-2

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

Thanks, guys. I went with the Monster Cable from Amazon.

Thread Information