Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Default Custom Made Furez 9 AWG OFHC Speaker Cables from Douglas Connection

This is my first review so bare with me.

I have had these in my system for a little while now. Although I don't get as much listen time in as I want I still enjoy just sitting back and listening to the music. I say that because previously when I listened to music I found myself analyzing it instead of just enjoying it. I really believe these cables are one of the reasons why I've changed.

First let me say the build quality is beyond reproach. I was very impressed when I pulled them out of the box.They were heavy but still manageable. Every part of these cables screams quality. I gave them 25 hours of burn time before sitting down and giving them a good listen.

I like to use Diana Krall"s Greatest Hits as my initial source music. I'm very familiar with each song so it is the best music for me to use. Soundstaging,detail and overall clarity was excellent. Separation was very good,also. I could pinpoint each instrument and they were exactly where they should be. I was most impressed with the bass. The previous cables that I was using left me worried about having to upgrade my Lsi15's but after using these my worries were gone.

I have used many cables(MIT,Signal,Kimber,Canare,etc) and these rank right up there with anything I've ever have had before. I'm kinda famous for always flippng gear due to one reason or another but I can now say that I will not need to change my speaker cables ever again. These are keepers.

If you ever get a chance to get your ears on these,do it. These are maybe what some would call "budget" cables but they perform well and above their pricepoint. They are made by our own helipilotdoug. Doug's a great guy to deal with. He even sends a use and care sheet along with the cables. I alos have a couple pair of his IC's which I'll review in a separate posting. They are equally as impressive.

Heres a link so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.douglasconnection.com/Cus...owReviews=true
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice review Dave.

Yup, have a care package of sorts that will eventually land in my hands to test out his stuff against my Kimber Kable 8VS speaker cables and Hero IC's.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Yup, have a care package of sorts that will eventually land in my hands to test out his stuff against my Kimber Kable 8VS speaker cables and Hero IC's.
    Cool man, let me know your thoughts. Might be looking to shake things up on the cable side.

Just curious,did you post your review on September 25th,2012? And if so,why 6.5 months later here?
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"

Member Sales Rating: (47)

I too, have a pair of SC's,, you nailed it,, they perform far above their pricepoint,,,the build quality is off the charts!!!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I've been to Doug's webpage more times than I care to admit, I've had to clean the keyboard of drool more than once. One day...
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reeter View Post
    I've been to Doug's webpage more times than I care to admit, I've had to clean the keyboard of drool more than once. One day...
    Shoot him and PM and go from there... he has been known to offer Polkie discounts
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Great info Dave...I have tried many speaker cables and each set has a signiture of it's own some good / bad and some just seem to let the music flow...Now it's time to try these. I will post my results in May 2013.
    Regards: Don Scheer

Regarding interconnects: I purchased a pair of Audio Quest Black Mambas for my CD to Pre hook-up..Just $99.00 1.5 length. I really noted a positive difference. And very affordable too. Thanks again for the info.

good info. thanks

Thread Information