Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monitor 60 help

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Monitor 60 help

Been having my polk monitor 60 for almost 5 years now love these little guys but having a little problem at moment sound seems to shift from time to time from right to left.I also ran test tones and well the speakers test tones sound a bit different i have move them from one side to the other and it seems to follow that one speaker.I'm hoping you expert here can help me with this if needed i can make a video of the sound of both front and left sound different during test tones.

The first thing I would do is check that the jumper in the back is securly connected. Better yet, remove them and replace with good speaker wire.

Brought some brand new speaker wire and replace both the old one's and still getting the same issues.

I'm going try to explain as best i can i was watching Django Unchained blu-ray and you can hear high frequency coming from right side but you don't hear it that much on the left side.I don't know if this is how the movie is encoded or what i'm getting the dts-ma so i know i'm getting the highest sound possible.

If the sound issue remains with the same speaker, and all wiring is tightly connected, the problem is with the speaker. Since it you can hear the sound evenly distributed to both speakers occasionally, it is probably not an actual speaker, but either internal wiring or the cross over.

Does it seem if all sound from the speaker is dropping out, or just certain freqs?

Eventually you'll have to get inside the speaker, but if it may be just a bad/loose connection to one of the speakers at either the speaker itself or cross over. Just trying to narrow it down a little.

May want to check a different DVD/BD/CD that has played normally before, just on the off chance that you haven't tried that yet. Could be an issue with the one you were watching, be it the DVD or problem with the player not being able to read it properly.
    Last edited by rpf65; 04-21-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: after thought

certain freqs when one side sound louder so far just right side i let audyssey do my settings they put my front full band since i have no sub and surrounds 40 and center 60 that's the cross over.

Specs
    Avr is denon 1612
    Front left and right is Monitor 60
    Surrounds is monitor 40's
    Center is polk cs2

audyssey

Front left db -6.0
    Front right DB -5.0
    Center -8.0
    Surround left -6.0
    Surround right -5.0

Like others have been saying, my best well educated guess is that if the sound is following one speaker, that means there is something wrong with the other one. The problem could be a varieties of things too.
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550

Thread Information