Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Thumbs up Audioholics - LSiM703 Speaker System Reviewed

A nice glowing review over at Audioholics: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...-audio-lsim703

Conclusion:

"I hate reviewing products like the LSiM 703s for two reasons. First, they make me look bad. A reviewer is supposed to be critical about a product, but what am I supposed to do when thereís little thatís bad to talk about? Writing only positive reviews could ruin my reputation. Second, I donít want to send back good products. I would be happy with the company making a clerical error and somehow leaving the product here for an extended period of time (are you listening Polk??). So, not only do I look uncritical by writing up a great review, I am also left empty handed when I send the speakers back to the manufacturer. What can I say? The LSiM 703 speakers look great, sound great, and are reasonably priced. I think they are an excellent bookshelf speaker and would gladly recommend them. I hope youíre happy Polk, youíve ruined my day."

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I think the 703's offer the best bang for your buck out of all the LSiM's. The towers are better speakers, but the 703's are a better value. IMO, of course.
    2-Channel:

Source 1: PC
    Source 2: Rega Apollo CDP
    USB > SPDIF Converter: Stello U3
    DAC: Audio GD NFB-7
    Preamp: Audio Research LS-15
    Power Amp: BAT VK-500
    Speakers: Magnepan 3.7's

HT:

Source 1: HTPC
    Source 2: Oppo 103
    Pre/Pro: Marantz av8003
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1095
    Fronts: LSiM-705's
    Center: LSiM-704c
    Surrounds: LSiM-702's
    Subs: Dual SVS PC12-NSD's

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I guess every now and again somebody will actually judge a product on it's merits, rather than it's badge.

If anyone is interested I have a pair of LSIM 703 speakers for sale in the "For Sale" Forum on this website...just saying

Also some LSi 9 love in the discussion thread. Very even handed review. Could you imagine the review if they used an Emotiva amp ?
    So hot it burns twice

Glad I read this review. Overall sounds like a fine speaker but according to the author, it does sound bright in some instances. Wish Polk could make a pretty neutral sounding speaker without a bright high end these days.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I own them, and from a McIntosh MX135 through an Outlaw 7500 they are surely not bright. Highly musical and they love my McIntosh MR65 as a source

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Will62 View Post
    Glad I read this review. Overall sounds like a fine speaker but according to the author, it does sound bright in some instances. Wish Polk could make a pretty neutral sounding speaker without a bright high end these days.
    It's Audioholics....you should listen for yourself before deciding on something posted on the internet....

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Will62 View Post
    Also, have you heard the original LSi line? For that matter, the Monitor/TSi line is not bright either. If you hear these speakers in Fry's or Best Buy, yeah, they're likely gonna sound bright. That's a product of the power behind them, not the speaker itself.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Thread Information