Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sda 2b

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default sda 2b

I won a pair on an online auction, $41.00, issues, bad tweeter, 3 non working midwoofers. thought it would make a good few month project. a week later on craigslist found a single sda2 for $80.00, the guy took $55.00, all drivers work perfectly. polk sent a mid woofer & ic cable. I stained & oiled the maple caps espresso & I've got a kick ass set of loudspeakers for less than $200.00! running a kenwood km-106 power amp & kenwood kc-206 preamp, this set up is LARGE & i'm loving it. :-D

Congrats! I paid about the same for mine. It is when you start modding them where the coinage starts to add up.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Congrats. 2B's are some of the best IMO.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Congrats. For a few bucks more you can "TL" them (upgrade the crossover to accept the RD-0198 tweeter). I did that to mine and they sound better than my upgraded SDA 1C's. YMMV
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD-0198's, Sonicap, Mills, Armacell, SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills; SDA 2B TL's; SDA 2's w/RD-0194's; Monitor 10's w/peerless tweeters
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp

SDA's never came with maple caps. Oak or walnut was it.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Congratulations. I have a pair of SDA 2B TL speakers myself and love them. They are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by chungasrevenge View Post
    I won a pair on an online auction, $41.00, issues, bad tweeter, 3 non working midwoofers. thought it would make a good few month project. a week later on craigslist found a single sda2 for $80.00, the guy took $55.00, all drivers work perfectly. polk sent a mid woofer & ic cable. I stained & oiled the maple caps espresso & I've got a kick ass set of loudspeakers for less than $200.00! running a kenwood km-106 power amp & kenwood kc-206 preamp, this set up is LARGE & i'm loving it. :-D
    Pic's or it didn't happen!

Congrats!
    But I thought the SDA 2B were PIN/BLADE sockets for the interconnect cable? Polk has not carried that cable for quite a while. Your MW drivers should be 6511 and 6503 you said 2B, anyway yes your top/bottom wood caps should be walnut or oak

Good score I never win anything ,congrat,s on your win, I have a pair of SDA 2b,s myself and love them . and yes the ic cable is a pin/blade configuration .

But I thought the SDA 2B were PIN/BLADE sockets for the interconnect cable?
    Early 2B's came with the blade/blade cable.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

that's what I have, i'm enjoying them as the are, a bit strident on the top end, but my graphic equalizer has helped immensely.

The SL2000 tweeter is pretty bad. Do the TL upgrade to use the RD0198-1 tweeter for a vastly improved speaker.

Get rid of the EQ, they have no place in home audio.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    The SL2000 tweeter is pretty bad. Do the TL upgrade to use the RD0198-1 tweeter for a vastly improved speaker.

Get rid of the EQ, they have no place in home audio.
    As usual, great advise. You will love it!!

Good speakers don't need TONE controls
    Why don't you tell us what auction site is so we can get some great deals

that's what I have, i'm enjoying them as the are, a bit strident on the top end, but my graphic equalizer has helped immensely.

F1, So just the socket is from a carryover the actual crossover show be the newer type that will easily be changed to the
    much better Gimpod boards?

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Early 2B's came with the blade/blade cable.

Yes. The only difference is that the large blade socket doesn't have a connection to the negative binding post. You could add the connection and use the Dreadnaught, if you wanted to use a non-common ground amp(s).

I'm glad they did but I never could understand why they went to a pin/blade when only the pin is active. It seems like just a third properly marked binding post would have been easier and for them cheaper. I guess the fear of a salesman hooking then up wrong was given some thought.

Thread Information