Boy when I went in on the group buy for the Avel 1000VA that it would take this long to assemble it. I just used a old speaker wire secured into the pin for SDA signal. So this was a nice upgrade. Will be nice to have freedom when choosing amps in the future and to have a proper connection for SDA enjoyment. I also coaxed myself into "blinging" my speakers if you will with the nice polk aluminum plates Trey (Vr3) made. I like that they are unique to some of us here. In the end, I really dig it! Thanks for helping me spend my money Trey!
So the other half went out of town to her parents place for the night. That meant a trip to the liquor store and time to do the mods. This was new in my favorite section...
Started early in the afternoon and boy... gooooood stuff. Enjoy some pictures...
Damn rights Jesse (F1nut) can't have all the NL2/4 fun to himself! For reference: The cable used is MIT but is temporary
Binding Posts stay to the left!
The washers for the bindings posts are very picky about how much you tighten them. I broke a couple but fixed with a solution.
Was a great evening of drinks with me and my speakers....
Now for the finished product:
Everything is burning in nicely. SDA sounds much better already.
Also something else I discovered when I began this project was when I went to loosen my PR, it was fairly easy. Upon fastening everything up, I was able to turn all my MW screws an additional 180-360 degrees and some that even turned more! Shame on me for not going back over them after I first tightened them down the first time. But I went over both of them and they are definitely coupled now... I just want to state something Jesse said once... don't need no stinkin' subwoofer!
The last mod is the crossover upgrades and those are in progress. And they wont disappoint.