Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

On the Miranda rights:

http://www.volokh.com/2013/04/20/tsa...iranda-rights/

A lot of people assume that the police are required to read a suspect his Miranda rights upon arrest. That is, they assume that one of a personís rights is the right to be read their rights. It often happens that way on Law & Order, but thatís not what the law actually requires. The police arenít required to follow Miranda. Miranda is a set of rules the government can chose to follow if they want to admit a personís statements in a criminal case in court, not a set of rules they have to follow in every case.

---

...contrary to what a lot of people think, it is legal for the government to even intentionally violate Miranda so long as they donít try to seek admission of the suspectís statements in court.
    More stuff at the link.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Well now, thats the key. "...as long as they don't try to seek admission of the suspects statements in court." What good does it do if the suspect admits to everything and you can't use that when the trial happens ? Mind you, all of that is irrelevant since he was branded a terrorist hence a different set of rules apply.....like none.

The fear alot have is the expanding definition of what exactly constitutes a "terrorist".

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV...and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But I think the idea is that if they read him his rights, they then have to wait for him to decide to waive his rights if they were to try to extract further information out of him. My very crude understanding is that, in a case like this, they may believe they already have enough evidence against him to get a conviction in court that they don't need further statements. And now, it's all about interrogation and attempting to get more information/intelligence out of him. So, they'll read him his Miranda rights when they're good and ready. Or maybe not at all.
    Last edited by bmbguy; 04-21-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Tony and Cathy, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to comment further since it's gets too close to a taboo topic. I'll just reiterate, there's a high probability America is going to see more and more of this kind of stuff. Paranoia? I don't think so. Just a logical assumption based on how I see it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do and you may disagree, but in my opinion, I see this country morally decaying. And that's as far as I'm going with it. Just glad you're OK, Cathy and glad more people didn't get hurt. This could have ended up a lot worse.... Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    in my opinion, I see this country morally decaying.
    Only the willfully blind could not see this.
    My humble setup...

...is no more.

Tony and Cathy, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to comment further since it's gets too close to a taboo topic. I'll just reiterate, there's a high probability America is going to see more and more of this kind of stuff. Paranoia? I don't think so. Just a logical assumption based on how I see it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do and you may disagree, but in my opinion, I see this country morally decaying. And that's as far as I'm going with it. Just glad you're OK, Cathy and glad more people didn't get hurt. This could have ended up a lot worse.... Peace.
    I agree with you. People need to get educated on many things that are of concern to which, most don't even know these types of issues exist.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I saw an interview where a woman stated she would not let officers into her home, and they left without incident, so get over yourself.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I saw an interview where a woman stated she would not let officers into her home, and they left without incident, so get over yourself.
    "They left without incident" ?

It would seem to me that there is a problem with that scenario.
    The city of Boston is locked down. Police/military are going block-by-by, conducting door-to-door searches for a person involved in a domestic terrorism incident that caused death and numerous severe injuries.

"KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK. POLICE. OPEN UP. WE NEED TO CONDUCT A SEARCH OF THE PREMISES FOR AN ARMED AND DANGEROUS TERRORIST"

""Go away. He's not here. Don't bother me again."

" UHM ...... WELL ............... OKAY. WE'RE LEAVING NOW. SORRY."

If that scenario did play out as described, would one describe that as "good police procedure" ?
    Would that scenario have enabled an armed and deadly terrorist to possibly escape capture ?
    If the woman answering the door had spoken Chechen, Arabic, or Farsi: would a translator have been brought to the scene or would her door have come down immediately ?

My respectful suggestion is to question everything.
    The people who were killed or injured in Boston deserve that, IMO.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Hold on a second Mike, before we go down that road lets recap. We don't know about any warrantless searches. Suspected bombers thought to be ARMED and dangerous are on the loose in your town. Police go door to door searching/asking possibly to have permission to search properties. Who was going to say "no" ? Especially if your houshold is unarmed. I highly doubt they just broke down doors in search of these 2. That would be another story altogether.

Fear is a very powerfull motivator. It motivates people to protect themselves by any means possible....or not too. Fear drives policy, legislation, or lack there of. All I know is, living in fear is not living so in order to not live in fear one must do what they can to ensure the safety of their own family from whatever makes you afraid. That means different things to different people as many hold a variety of fears. Could be you want a security camera around your house, get a big dog, maybe arm yourself, bodyguards, even the way we vote is fear related. Fear is also manipulated to advance agendas, has been for centuries.

Thing is, when masses of people are in fear, who ya gonna call ? Ghost Busters ? You call the people with the guns to protect you, federal agencies, local police. I doubt any nutjob jihadist is going to go into a NRA convention to kill people for obvious reasons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the answer is to arm everyone, but limiting that small aspect sure isn't the answer either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is lets not jump to the extreme positions on either side, especially since there is soo much we don't know yet....and thats the missing key ingredient, information.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrkcUV_7Qk
    I may not have 20/20 but I am sure I missed the, "We have a warrant", part.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    "They left without incident" ?

It would seem to me that there is a problem with that scenario.
    The city of Boston is locked down. Police/military are going block-by-by, conducting door-to-door searches for a person involved in a domestic terrorism incident that caused death and numerous severe injuries.

"KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK. POLICE. OPEN UP. WE NEED TO CONDUCT A SEARCH OF THE PREMISES FOR AN ARMED AND DANGEROUS TERRORIST"

""Go away. He's not here. Don't bother me again."

" UHM ...... WELL ............... OKAY. WE'RE LEAVING NOW. SORRY."

If that scenario did play out as described, would one describe that as "good police procedure" ?
    Would that scenario have enabled an armed and deadly terrorist to possibly escape capture ?
    If the woman answering the door had spoken Chechen, Arabic, or Farsi: would a translator have been brought to the scene or would her door have come down immediately ?

My respectful suggestion is to question everything.
    The people who were killed or injured in Boston deserve that, IMO.
    Does their action alone not signify that they do not trust the public? When did WE become the untrustworthy participant in this whole scenario? IF I missed it, has the question of bomb sniffing dogs ALL OVER THE PLACE missing NUMEROUS pipe bombs and other IED's come up yet? Why not "Amber alert! Target on the run! Grab your sling shots!"?
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360

Not doubting you bro but do you have a link for the article or video? Thanks.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Is this really the thread to have a mindless, typing argument?

Is that a no on the bomb dogs and or the amputee not being first to receive treatment?

I have some interesting photos if any one wants an outside the box look at what went down at the scene. For those with combat experience, I suggest you compare the pics to those that you may have seen in real life and what actually happens when a bomb goes off at someones feet. Believe me, it does not pull the muscle out of the skin and leave the skin in an intact tube. p.s. Don't request the pics if you are in any way squeamish or easily offended.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Good to see the conspiracy theory element is hard at work.

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrkcUV_7Qk
    I may not have 20/20 but I am sure I missed the, "We have a warrant", part.
    Now that one doesn't look Kosher. I would and do have a problem with this video.

BTW Fox, a conspiracy theory is only a theory when no proof is available. Once proof is at hand, it no longer becomes a theory.
    Last edited by tonyb; 04-21-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbiron View Post
    Is this really the thread to have a mindless, typing argument?
    Excellent point, mrbiron. SDAIC and Keiko, if you don't stop it, you'll get the thread locked. The dead and injured at Boston deserve better.

Also want to say that I have absolutely no doubt that Face saw/heard a woman say that she succesfully refused entry to an entry team. Absolute confidence in his statement.
    Wanted to make sure that the doubt on my part in that scenario comes strictly in how that could possibly have occurred in reality as she described.
    If it did .... how and why ?
    If it didn't .... why ?
    Last edited by mrbigbluelight; 04-22-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Sleeper cells is nothing new Mike. I would imagine we've had a few for some time now that they are watching. Authorities however are not going to come out and tell you too much on that as it would freighten the public to no end.

Like I said, lets just wait for more info to come out before throwing stones in any direction. It's not necessarily that I disagree with you Mike, but these types of things generate so much false information by many headline grabbers in the news media. Having said that, I'm also pretty sure in the end the info we do get will be filtered to the best of their ability and then used to drive whatever agenda.

This case, this act of terrorism will no doubt drive many discussions. In the coming months we will hear our leaders tell us what we need to prevent these types of things. More camera's, more gun laws, maybe certain bans on explosive materials, maybe having schools granted more access to a students personal info/public media accounts. Who knows, the possibilities are endless. Speaking from a simplistic way of thinking, when you have an infestation of rats you won't stop them from simply poisoning your home on the inside. Sooner or later you have to plug the hole that they come in from.

Good one Tonyb. You successfully stomped a few nerves without actually touching any of them. Well done. I think we are in for some discovery today and am hopeful for a bit of clarification on many fronts.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Sleeper cells is nothing new Mike. I would imagine we've had a few for some time now that they are watching. Authorities however are not going to come out and tell you too much on that as it would freighten the public to no end.
    Right. Just tell the public how their efforts have successfully put terrorists on the run and how much safer the world is because of it.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I have tinfoil hats for sale. Free shipping and no taxes if ordered online.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    Is there a Polkie discount? Even bigger RAS?
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daboyz View Post
    Is there a Polkie discount? Even bigger RAS?
    Better get 'em while ya can. Gotta pay those fair shares on taxes, ya know.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...sales-tax-bill

Dave, CDs arrived today. Thank you!

Better get 'em while ya can. Gotta pay those fair shares on taxes, ya know.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...sales-tax-bill

Dave, CDs arrived today. Thank you!
    Enjoy them my friend.

I'm sure Doug will set me up with the fully modded version.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

I'm sure Doug will set me up with the fully modded version.
    Tube Power!

Name:  Cat-With-Tin-Foil-Hat-16407434984.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  37.8 KB

Member Sales Rating: (12)

looks like these dirtbags were motivated by their beliefs. I would say what those beliefs are and how they were influenced by them, but I don't want t o run the risk of being banned for bringing up or saying the "R" word....
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

If anybody thinks that the FBI,CIA,Homeland Security can stop EVERY delusional freak out there then they are delusional,too.

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    I sense a banning perhaps a perm one in your future.

REGARDS SNOW
    So far he's been immune. How? I do not know.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

***deleted
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 04-23-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

If anybody thinks that the FBI,CIA,Homeland Security can stop EVERY delusional freak out there then they are delusional,too.

Only going to get worse, bro. Until humanity addresses the root issue of the moral decay, it's only going to continue.

Thread Information