Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 63
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

    Lightbulb New Panasonic Plasma HDTV Models Hitting Stores Now...

    Reading up on these new models has peaked my interest. CNet gave a glowing review on the ST60 series, and the S60 and S64 models look like giant killers. Time to sell my Pioneer Kuro for a 65" Panny???
    Romans 1:16

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    13,443

    Default

    I've read the new VT and ZT series are as good and a little better then the Kuro. As a 60 inch Kuro owner myself , I have yet to see my replacement TV. They said the VT50 was going to be the one , I didn't think so. I'm hoping this years models as I heard they are the last of the Plasma for Panasonic are at least as good. If my set breaks , I'm gonna need something worthy for replacement.

    Also heard Pioneer might be coming back , time will tell.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    Also heard Pioneer might be coming back , time will tell.
    That would be really nice.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I heard they are the last of the Plasma for Panasonic are at least as good.
    Not true Panasonic has stated they intend to keep making plasmas. It is a nasty rumor Sound & Vision and Home Theater both said the same

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

    Arrow CNET Review

    Here is a review of the mid level model ST60:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35566949.html

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

    Thumbs up AVS S60 Thread

    Here is a thread about the entry level model S60. Note this model does not have an anti-reflective screen and may not work well in some rooms in the daytime.

    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1461177/of...cussion-thread

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Another discussion about the VT60:

    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471671/pa...y-black-levels

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    The VT50 and VT60 are fantastic TV's! I wish I had a dark enough room in my house to have one. :(

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (45)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    4,569

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    51

    Default

    very nice review...

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    My p60st30 just went T.U. after only 4 mos of use. Out of warranty because we let it sit in the box over a year before putting it up. Don't think I'll be looking at Panny this time.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Well, I would find it difficult to see anyone leaving their new VT60 or ZT60 just sitting in a box for a year before using it. Plus, by not actually using it, you risk not knowing if anything is wrong so that their warranty can fix the issue.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarvic View Post
    Well, I would find it difficult to see anyone leaving their new VT60 or ZT60 just sitting in a box for a year before using it. Plus, by not actually using it, you risk not knowing if anything is wrong so that their warranty can fix the issue.
    Still, a 1-year warranty on a product many of us hope to use for 10 years or more is a joke and shows a lack of confidence the company has in its own products. On the other hand, however, a wouldn't buy one of these products, not unless I purchased at least a five-year warranty.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Yes, I should have opened the box right away, but I was re-doing our room at the time and it got delayed longer than I thought.. which is why it remained in the box. Poor choice on my part, in hindsight, but it's ridiculous when something that costs over a grand can't even make it half a year before ****ting the bed.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretorios View Post
    Still, a 1-year warranty on a product many of us hope to use for 10 years or more is a joke and shows a lack of confidence the company has in its own products. On the other hand, however, a wouldn't buy one of these products, not unless I purchased at least a five-year warranty.
    wrong on so many points!!

    1. If the warranty card had been sent in they would of offered extended warranty for very little
    2. I would not buy an extended warranty on ANY Panasonic Plasma as according to consumer reports less than 1% of Panny Plasma's ever need any service.
    3. Most others only offer 90 day warranty on service and 1 year on parts so you get a 12$ part and pay 250.00 to put it in.
    4. I own a panny plasma going on 3yrs and it has never had any problems.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Yes, I should have opened the box right away, but I was re-doing our room at the time and it got delayed longer than I thought.. which is why it remained in the box. Poor choice on my part, in hindsight, but it's ridiculous when something that costs over a grand can't even make it half a year before ****ting the bed.
    was the box ever layed flat? or fall over? They cannot ever be stored or shipped flat.

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    wrong on so many points!!

    1. If the warranty card had been sent in they would of offered extended warranty for very little
    2. I would not buy an extended warranty on ANY Panasonic Plasma as according to consumer reports less than 1% of Panny Plasma's ever need any service.
    3. Most others only offer 90 day warranty on service and 1 year on parts so you get a 12$ part and pay 250.00 to put it in.
    4. I own a panny plasma going on 3yrs and it has never had any problems.
    1. Please explain.
    2. And the ones that do have issues? Sorry, but I'm not throwing 2-3k or more at a tv only to get a 1-year warranty.
    3. I wasn't singling out panasonic. The warranty on expensive televisions in a shame.
    4. I haven't had issues with my barebones model, but others have. I'm not leaving it to chance.

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretorios View Post
    1. Please explain.
    2. And the ones that do have issues? Sorry, but I'm not throwing 2-3k or more at a tv only to get a 1-year warranty.
    3. I wasn't singling out panasonic. The warranty on expensive televisions in a shame.
    4. I haven't had issues with my barebones model, but others have. I'm not leaving it to chance.

    1. when I opened my Panasonic Plasma if i sent in the warranty card within 30days they offered a 99$ 3yr warranty
    2. I'm not ever going to spend that on a TV...Projector maybe
    3.I concur on the prices. but it did seem to me that you singled out Panasonic.
    4. luck was on your side.

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Nope. Box was never laid flat. In fact, sat in an unused dining room the entire time it was in our possession. Babied. Just a lemon I guess. The repair guy is coming by this afternoon. I'll post either a or a after he's gone.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    16,236

    Default

    I have been extremely pleased with my "budget line" Panasonic 58" plasma.

    Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    Nope. Box was never laid flat. In fact, sat in an unused dining room the entire time it was in our possession. Babied. Just a lemon I guess. The repair guy is coming by this afternoon. I'll post either a or a after he's gone.
    how'd it go after the repairs?

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Guy came out.. said they'll try replacing the right buffer board.. if that's not it, it's likely a total panel replace, which means I hock this on CL for whatever I can get and go buy a new TV. They ordered the buffer board and the guy is coming back out tomorrow afternoon to do the work. Will let you know what happens.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    TV is trash. Buffer board replacement didn't do it, and he left saying it's going to be a whole panel. For anyone interested, >>HERE'S<< a video of what it's doing.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell - aka DFW
    Posts
    10,430

    Default

    Well whatever you do, do NOT buy a Samsung. Me, few other guys here, and lots of others online have had a variety of problems with them.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

    Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

    Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell - aka DFW
    Posts
    10,430

    Default

    Here are a couple videos of my particular Samsung problem. It died a month out of warranty and Samsung told me to F off...

    http://youtu.be/EKAvstZWjhs
    http://youtu.be/31XlxMvM0mw
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

    Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

    Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Blech. Yeah, damn. Seems like nothing lasts anymore and we as consumers have no choice but to take it up the tailpipe.

    I called Panasonic today to chew on some ass.. ended up talking to a supervisor.

    He asked me to send in a copy of the TV’s receipt as well as some paperwork from the TV repair people stating what they think it needs and they will "review" my case and see if there’s anything they can do for me.

    Not holding my breath, but worth a shot.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell - aka DFW
    Posts
    10,430

    Default

    I'm curious what they tell you. I got all the way up to a regional director at Samsung who actually had the nerve to tell me I should have called them a month earlier when it was under warranty! I've ridded myself of anything Samsung and will tell my story to everyone I can.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

    Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

    Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    My p60st30 just went T.U. after only 4 mos of use. Out of warranty because we let it sit in the box over a year before putting it up. Don't think I'll be looking at Panny this time.
    Leaving it in the box for over a YEAR! My year and 4 month old VT30 went out last month. Got a quote of 650, called Panasonic and they paid for over half of it. I only had the 1 year warranty but they (Panasonic) helped me out. Panasonic is the only Plasma I would own right now and the ZT60 looks very tempting!
    Polkaudio Fronts: RTi A7's Vr3 Fortress Edition
    Polkaudio Center: CSi A6 Vr3 Fortress Edition
    Polkaudio Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Sub: SVS PC12-NSD
    Marantz SR-7008
    Marantz TT-15S1
    BDP-Denon DBT-1713UD
    Denon AH-D5000's
    Synology DS 212j-4TB
    TV: Panasonic TC P55VT30

  30. #30

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gce View Post
    Leaving it in the box for over a YEAR! My year and 4 month old VT30 went out last month. Got a quote of 650, called Panasonic and they paid for over half of it. I only had the 1 year warranty but they (Panasonic) helped me out. Panasonic is the only Plasma I would own right now and the ZT60 looks very tempting!
    Yeah... I bought the thing just before my wife gave birth to our first child... after that, I knew I wouldn't have any time for any setting up of the HT room. I was also going to school full time. So there it sat until I could come up with some free time, which was unfortunately after the warranty had expired.

    Even if Panny promises to cover half of a panel replacement, it still wouldn't be worth it. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath, but maybe I'll catch someone there on a good day or something.
    Last edited by jephdood; 05-31-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. New 2012 Panasonic Plasma's
    By leroyjr1 in forum Electronics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 12:28 PM
  2. Panasonic plasma in the house!!
    By ViperZ in forum Electronics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 11:19 AM
  3. New Panasonic Plasma
    By Fongolio in forum Electronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
  4. HDTV Plasma MONITOR q's
    By I-SIG in forum Electronics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 02:29 PM
  5. Panasonic HDTV Receiver TU-DST52
    By RuSsMaN in forum Flea Market
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts