Yesterday I finished up with the TL upgrade on my SDA 2Bs. Capacitors used were SoniCaps for the highs and Daytons for lows along with all Mills resistors. While DHS Speaker Service was upgrading the crossovers I installed hurricane nuts in the cabinets to insure a tight seal and I put JB-Weld on the MWs for reliability. I didn't have Dynamat on hand so I saved that for another project.
I spent some time listening to them last night and they sound fantastic! The two things that jump out at me after the upgrade are more clarity in the vocals and tighter bass. I'm sure with time they will only get better. I'm very happy with the outcome of this project.
I want to thank David, AKA Westmassguy, and his company DHS Speaker Service for doing a fine job of installing the crossover parts and making me a new IC cable with Speakon plugs and sockets. His work is top notch. Everything was done in a professional manner including installing all the crossover components, packaging and shipping. He kept me informed of the progress of the work every step of the way. The cost of the work was very reasonable.