Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dcoil View Post
    I found that I used 14 AWG, 16mH, 1.3ohm from Notrh Creek. http://www.northcreekmusic.com/COILS.html
    Sweet- I see you have the SDA SRSs as well. I'm not seeing the 16mh, 1.3 on the price list dcoil....? Custom ?

OK, latest update from DK states that keeping the total DCR is no longer essential. Seems like you can use the logical 'bigger is better'!

"A high DC resistance SDA 16 mH inductor was used to keep the speaker impedance reasonably high for the typical power amplifiers available in the 1980s. Such caution is not required with today's amplifiers. A large gauge 16 mH inductor with very low DCR significantly improved bass response. (DK)"
    SDA SRS modded: X’ovrd, de-polyed, inductorized, interconnectorized, re-posted, dynamited, RDO’d, spiked, gasketed, ringed (Larry's), and grill cloth blinged! Done this on my own? Not a chance. Thanks to Raife and all who forged easy to follow upgrades. At least a 100% improvement in sound and my personal listening pleasure! Pass XP-10 preamp, Parasound A21 amp, Pioneer Elite DV-58AV (Ric Shultz modded), Audioquest Sky IC's, No longer need my Sunfire sub after mods...

Yea I know, but I do have Carver stuff too, so it's just I try to keep an open mind on everything. I've got a Carver TFM-25 that I paid a lot new for it 1990 which always worked okay but was not stellar in IMHO.

Let us know how the new amp is, thanks.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/ampli...5_1583crx.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Alwishus View Post
    Polkie...you realize the whole Emo thing gets people ALL fired up. I haven't seen any reviews on this yet though....

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    Yea I know, but I do have Carver stuff too, so it's just I try to keep an open mind on everything. I've got a Carver TFM-25 that I paid a lot new for it 1990 which always worked okay but was not stellar in IMHO.

Let us know how the new amp is, thanks.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/ampli...5_1583crx.aspx
    Those reviews are glowing. For the price, its almost a no brainer based on those reviews. My SDSs are going to need power. I didn't pay that much for my SE-40, so who knows...maybe these xpa-2's are an option. I'm really intrigued by all the stellar feedback they got as well.

What's holding you back Polkie? Are you all set on what you already have or just waiting to see if some good reviews come in from the Polk Forumphiles?

The wife just had a big hospital bill and the Onkyo TX-NR808 does quiet well no louder that I play them. It really sounds very good, detailed. I was ready to put the Carver on the preamp outs when I got it, then after listening I said why? I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwishus View Post
    Those reviews are glowing. For the price, its almost a no brainer based on those reviews. My SDSs are going to need power. I didn't pay that much for my SE-40, so who knows...maybe these xpa-2's are an option. I'm really intrigued by all the stellar feedback they got as well.

What's holding you back Polkie? Are you all set on what you already have or just waiting to see if some good reviews come in from the Polk Forumphiles?

Thread Information