Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Record Store Day

Anyone else make it out to their local Record Shops for today? I got a pretty good haul myself.

Name:  P4200032 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 229
Size:  413.7 KB
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was up at 4:45 this morning and was still 16th in line at my local store. Still ended up getting what I wanted (White Stripes, Phish, and The Band). I guess the hot thing this year was the live DMB and I see it's already selling for $400 on ebay.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Yeah I wanted the DMB but only 500 were made so no go at my local. If I had wanted to camp out 16 hours I could have had a chance at a downtown Austin store but that isn't for me. Got to my store at 8 and was first one there which was nice.
    HT - game room
    Yamaha RX V665 - AVR, Polk Monitor 60's,(HT), Polk Monitor 40's, Polk CS 1, Polk PSW 505, Samsung PN50B550 - 50" Plasma, PS3, Wii

2ch - spare bedroom
    Squeezebox Touch->AQ Alpha Snake->Music Hall A15.2->Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
    Yamaha S1800(SACD),Technics SL-QD33(TT)
    Head-fi - Sennheiser HD 280, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, B&W P5, Sennheiser HD 650
    Lenovo Laptop-> Dragonfly USB DAC/amp
    Server-QNAP TS110

Did my part!Name:  Albem day.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  519.6 KB
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    McIntosh MC 2120 bi-amped
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    ADCOM GDA 700 DAC ( MODDED)
    YAMMY CDC-665
    Marantz 6100 tt w/pickering XV-15/625E cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    POLK RTA-12C'S W/ RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills risistors (full mod)
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

2 alan parsons , and 2 spyro gyra (new-sealed) + pink floyd and zztop. Nice additions to my collection.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY CDC-665
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

Looks like you all had some nice hauls. I missed the record store day, first time in a while but did get some Stuff from Mr Grand, and
    Dragons CD sale last week and from Snow today, oh BTW that Alan Parsons Tales of Mystery and Imagination is my favorite AP.

E-bay asshats killed record store day.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    E-bay asshats killed record store day.
    How so? My friend attended today and said there was barley any room at the record shop today, it's still alive and well around here. If someone is willing to pay $400 for a soon to be hard to find DMB Lp, then the person who waited in line this morning made some easy money. I buy all my hard to find vinyl off e-bay there is a market for it, and the sellers know it.

Indeed they do. Its like black friday for records. Not my cup of tea waiting in line on RSD when i can stroll in and brouse around the other 364 days. Besides that if your a regular they generally will hold something special for ya. Good for the store i will admit. But to regulars its a pain.

Name:  DSCF0553 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 150
Size:  80.5 KB

Here is a vinyl copy of my Tales Of Mystery And Imagination, funny thing is I bought it over in Europe, but it is a on 20th century Records from here in the USA, I've seen and own both versions I wonder what the story is behind that is? Soundfreak you got one heck of an album thats for sure never tire of this one.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Ok, never heard of record store day, what is it??

What DMB is going so high??

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Indeed they do. Its like black friday for records. Not my cup of tea waiting in line on RSD when i can stroll in and brouse around the other 364 days. Besides that if your a regular they generally will hold something special for ya. Good for the store i will admit. But to regulars its a pain.
    I dont know about that! I rather enjoyed the crowd and listening to the conversation about vinyl that could be heard all over the store. Met some fellow nut bags and other audio freaks. Didnt hear the word "CD" at all, everyone into vinyl.2 hours well spent!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY CDC-665
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

Picked these up at my local record emporium today. They had about 10 tables with crates full of albums for $1.00 each for RSD. I spent three and a half hours digging through them. All these titles range from VG+ to Near Mint.
    The Band Islands
    Tommy Bolin Teaser
    Merle Haggard I Love Dixie Blues
    Jefferson Airplane Worst Of Jefferson Airplane
    Marshall Tucker Band Tenth
    Jesse Colin Young American Dreams
    Steppenwolf At Your Birthday Party
    Free Fire And Water
    Robin Trower Long Misty Days
    Kris Kristofferson Spooky Ladies Sideshow
    Carly Simon Anticipation
    Ten Years After A Space In Time
    Robert Plant The Priciple Of Moment and Pictures At Eleven
    Pretenders Learning To Crawl
    Tommy James and The Shondells Best Of
    Spooky Tooth Witness and Hell Or High Water
    Gregg Allman Band I'm No Angel
    Emerson,Lake and Palmer Brain Salad Surgery
    Outlaws Outlaws
    Tony Joe White Eyes
    Iron Butterfly Ball
    Molly Hatchet Flirtin' With Disaster
    Jethro Tull Crest Of A Knave
    Bob Seger Against The Wind
    Bachman Turner Overdrive Not Fragile
    Willie Nelson Partners
    Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Synphonium Dream
    James Taylor Best Of James Taylor
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Good job decal lots of good ones That Tommy Bolin Teaser on vinyl if in near mint condition is one good find, so is that first Outlaws' and that NOT Fragile. Those all trump the CD versions you did good had fun and supported your local store.

Decal, those Robert Plants are good picks for a buck also. He did some good stuff in the 80's that was overlooked by many.

Went to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ...odd because I am from Iowa... But was in East Rutherford for a wedding.

Ended up with quite a bit of vinyl and a few CDs...they also had a TON of stuff from small labels as "Free with purchase of album or CD" CDs scattered throughout the store that I grabbed.

LPs
    1) Brand New Condition Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock LP
    2) 2 Brand New Condition Dagger Records Authorized "bootleg" Jimi Hendrix LPs (1 and 2 are how they are labled)
    3) 2 Brand New Condition Jimi Hendrix LPs (no clue what they are titled as they were without sleeves but they are unplayed and have Jimi's face on the albums. One was purple and the other was photo like in coloring)
    4) Brand New Condition Steely Dan Aja LP
    5) Brand New Condition AC/DC '74 Jailbreak LP (My favorite AC/DC album of all time...love their more bluesy recordings)
    6) 8 Brand New to Mint Condition Miles Davis LPs

CDs
    1) 2 Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King CDs (Show Me the Money and The Axe Man)
    2) Howlin' Wolf Discography box set
    3) The Who Catalog Collection
    4) Dragonforce Ultra Beatdown (Japanese release)
    5) 6 Bands I have never heard of but they were freebies so I grabbed them...

I texted my wife from the sho and said, "You're going to be mad at me..."
    She replied with, "You get whatever you want but just remember that you have to be able to fit them in your suitcase..."

Ended up spending a lot more than I wanted to but am intching to get my ears on this stuff.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Nice score. Which Dave Brubeck record is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Went to Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ...odd because I am from Iowa... But was in East Rutherford for a wedding.

Ended up with quite a bit of vinyl and a few CDs...they also had a TON of stuff from small labels as "Free with purchase of album or CD" CDs scattered throughout the store that I grabbed.

LPs
    2) 2 Brand New Condition Dagger Records Authorized "bootleg" Jimi Hendrix LPs (1 and 2 are how they are labled)
    3) 2 Brand New Condition Jimi Hendrix LPs (no clue what they are titled as they were without sleeves but they are unplayed and have Jimi's face on the albums. One was purple and the other was photo like in coloring)
    5) Brand New Condition AC/DC '74 Jailbreak LP (My favorite AC/DC album of all time...love their more bluesy recordings)

CDs

She replied with, "You get whatever you want but just remember that you have to be able to fit them in your suitcase..."

Ended up spending a lot more than I wanted to but am intching to get my ears on this stuff.
    You got plenty of good things in your store. I am not so fortunate as I was just able to find some of my wedding day items

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuinn View Post

LPs

CDs

You got plenty of good things in your store. I am not so fortunate as I was just able to find some of
    wedding dresses
    Anybody else getting some good stuff in their stores?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I don't need no Record Store Day. I got the Grand Master, George.

Thread Information