Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Speaker Recommendations

Living in Canada my speaker selections are limited. I've owned Polk Rti and LsiM speakers, Klipsch Rf 82's, and just sold my Def Tech Mythos ST's. I'm looking for some speaker recommendations in the $2500 range just for the front speakers. The centre and surrounds will follow suit. Definitely want towers for the fronts. Do 50/50 on movies and music.
    Will be driving them with a Onkyo per amp and 200 watt per channel x5 amp.
    The speakers will find there place in our new home currently being built and will have a dedicated theatre room, sound proofed and all( 13'6 x 29' x 8'8 high.

I have had a look at Axiom (M80), SVS ultra towers which seemed nice but has mixed reviews.
    Any help would be appreciative.

Got any usher dealers up there? Excellent double duty speakers.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Got any usher dealers up there? Excellent double duty speakers.
    And they look stunning, I was just googling them and saw your setup in the image search

I may sound like a broken record but B&W CM8s were made for HT & Music. At 1,000 each (1,005 in Canada) you will have money in your budget to get a matching center speaker.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bowers+a...&skuId=1284912
    2CH Setup.
    CM9
    Sonos Pre-Amp
    Crestron CNAMPX16x60 (Bridge Mode)
    MIT AVT2 Interconnects

If u don't give KEF Q900,and there surround set-up a honest listen, you're doing you're yourself a great injustice! Many reviewers have the Q900's as the best speaker under 2 grand,and that's just for their towers! Now a days u can get the 5.1 set-up for just over 2 grand! The towers and surrounds ate worth every penny in my home! And I have auditioned many to get here!
    Do ur research!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsauto49 View Post
    If u don't give KEF Q900,and there surround set-up a honest listen, you're doing you're yourself a great injustice! Many reviewers have the Q900's as the best speaker under 2 grand,and that's just for their towers! Now a days u can get the 5.1 set-up for just over 2 grand! The towers and surrounds ate worth every penny in my home! And I have auditioned many to get here!
    Do ur research!
    I owned the Q300's, and I sold them quickly. Very coherent speakers but to laid back for me. Maybe the Q900's are different.

Out of the many, and I mean many speakers & brands that I've been through, PSB has been one that just works for my tastes. Pushing the budget just a little more and you can own their flagship Synchrony One's (used) which I was an idiot for selling. I hear a lot of the technology that went into the Synchrony's trickled down into the lower priced lines. I'd take a look at the Imagines, they'll be right around your price range used.

Quote Originally Posted by RamZet View Post
    I may sound like a broken record but B&W CM8s were made for HT & Music. At 1,000 each (1,005 in Canada) you will have money in your budget to get a matching center speaker.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bowers+a...&skuId=1284912
    The CM8's look cool but think they maybe lacking in the bottom end with only 5" drivers

Quote Originally Posted by bobsauto49 View Post
    Do ur research!
    I'm set to try out the Q900's sometime this week. Looking forward to giving them a listen as they seemed to have good reviews all around.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Try some Martin Logans out too at your local store, If you have the room then these new digital audio formats really come through with unparalleled transparency

Yeah, try Martin Logan. I have head them numerous times at Best Buy. Although they are in their system for long time and have good amount of playing time on them, but they sound sweet..

Thread Information