Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Default Bought a New Car!

Hi All,

My car

Damn iPhone.

Let me try that again!!!!

My Car of 10 years died two nights ago. The front tire cracked off!

I just left the dealership. Bought a Brand New 2013 Nissan Leaf

Just rode it one mile and getting food. Been in the dealership since 9:30am. Getting some dinner. Will post pics tonight.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nothing nicer than a new ride nissian makes a good car the wife has a 2011 Rouge and she just loves it. Your a pretty big dude from the pics of you standing in front of your SDA's I'am wondering if you will have enough leg room. Congrats on the new purchase. I'am 6'4 210lbs and barley fit in the Rouge.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

"I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Looks like lower control arm and broke where the lower ball joint sits. Honda ?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (4)

How do you plan to charge it? 120V or 240V quick charge?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback. 155,000 miles. Served me well. Worst part all 4 tires are 3 months old :(

Right now 120. There are a lot of companies making the Level 2 charger so I don't have to buy the $2000 one from Nissan. GE makes one that gets great reviews and costs $850

My next door neighbor is an Electrician with 30 years experience and he helps me with every electrical issue/upgrade for my house.

I might see if his company can get the GE charger at a wholesale price.

Jephdood nice pic! LOL.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Well...a car that works is better than a car that doesn't!

But - I HATE the thought of car payments....

Congrats - enjoy that new car smell!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

The older Hyundai's were not well built. I wouldn't buy anything older than 07/08 from them.

Congrats on the new ride! Can it haul 1.2TL's? If not, you bought the wrong car haha

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Can it haul 1.2TL's? If not, you bought the wrong car haha
    It can only haul TLs in the trailer LOL. And I'd love to see Leaf pulling a trailer one day.

My Wife's 2010 Sonata is lemon. She wants to get rid of it. The 2003 Hyundai was the best. I don't trust the Hyundai's built after 2008. To me that's when they started building junk.

I had a 2000 Hyundai as well and it was a great car.

Right now the new car is plugged in and charging. The funny thing is that my neighbor next door just bought their daughter her first car and its a Nissan as well!

She came by and I had her start the car and she couldn't believe it. She also wants my 17" wheels. She said they look so hot! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    My Wife's 2010 Sonata is lemon. She wants to get rid of it. The 2003 Hyundai was the best. I don't trust the Hyundai's built after 2008. To me that's when they started building junk.

I had a 2000 Hyundai as well and it was a great car.

Sorry you had bad luck Sal. But history is history. And I agree, your wife's Sonata is definitely a lemon. I know a friend I see every now and again that has nothing but good things about his. All car companies have issues.

I dont care for the electric cars but to each their own. As long as you like it bud.

In the past 90 days I have reset my daily trip odometer to try to see if I can get by with a Leaf. for 80 of the 90 days I used 51 miles or less per day. 3 Days I used 71 to 74 miles and 3 days I used over 100 miles in one day.

The Days when I need to use the Car for 100 miles or more I will be using my wife's car or Park my car and use public transportation the rest of the day and then use the car to just get home.

I'll have to plan out my routes now but that's OK since I won't be buying $3000 in gas anymore every year.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Here are some pics:

Charging last night in my driveway:

Charging done this morning:

Member Sales Rating: (26)

You know what's funny, Sal? Jesse and I were just talking about you and your car the day before you purchased this new one. Apparently, you do not mind smaller cars. For such a big guy I find this surprising. I'm smaller than you and sometimes I wish my Chevy 2500HD pickup truck was bigger. Congrat's on the new car, nonetheless.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Thanks. I fit. I like the concept of not paying $3000 in gas in the next 12 months.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I like the concept of making gas cheaper to begin with.

Congrats on the new car.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Congrats on your new ride, if you're happy with it that's all the matters. I see you live out east, a smaller vehicle definitely "fits" better most places over there...

What I would really like to know, and I haven't done any reading into the Leaf, the Volt and other electric cars, is how the hell do you get heat in -35 celsius winter!?!?!?!? Will it even drive through a snow storm?

Thanks. I fit. I like the concept of not paying $3000 in gas in the next 12 months.
    You'll still pay through electricity. Our electricity is very cheap here. Not sure what the difference is around the globe but I always wondered how much it would cost to run and maintain one of these. Watch your electrical bill to see how much it goes up.

Hey Lazareth,

New ride looks great, I actually just bought a 2002 Elantra GT as my "new" winter car. The lower control arm was a recall issue on those cars, in fact mine is going in to the dealer Tuesday to have both replaced for free. Hopefully they won't fail before then!

Sorry meant Lasareath

Quote Originally Posted by ambiophonics View Post
    Hey Lazareth,

New ride looks great, I actually just bought a 2002 Elantra GT as my "new" winter car. The lower control arm was a recall issue on those cars, in fact mine is going in to the dealer Tuesday to have both replaced for free. Hopefully they won't fail before then!

Member Sales Rating: (10)

This is pretty funny regarding electric cars...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ri2BG2q...yer_detailpage

Member Sales Rating: (6)

You'll still pay through electricity. Our electricity is very cheap here. Not sure what the difference is around the globe but I always wondered how much it would cost to run and maintain one of these. Watch your electrical bill to see how much it goes up.
    About $2 to $4 a day to charge it, depending on electric rates in your area of the country. And of course a sticker price $15,000 more than a similar sub compact with a gas engine would cost. He'll save a fortune...if he keeps it 25 years.

What I would really like to know, and I haven't done any reading into the Leaf, the Volt and other electric cars, is how the hell do you get heat in -35 celsius winter!?!?!?!? Will it even drive through a snow storm?

wait for summer when need the A/C if it has one, watch your distance per charge drop..

In NJ there is no sales Tax on EVs (electric vehicle). That saved me $2800

The Fed is giving $7500 off my taxes in 2013 as well.

The car was $36,160.00 I haggled them down to $34000.00 and so that's what I am financing. Zero down 4.99%

The car is listed under my business so it becomes a write-off

For me it's just a win win situation.

Actually I'm at a client now in Brooklyn that I could not get to on Friday and I guesstimated I would have 68 miles remaining when I get here but I have 70.

When I approached the Holland Tunnel from the NJ side there's a very big hill. At the top of the Hill i had 75 miles remaining. In the middle of the tunnel I had 78.

I gained 3 miles because if the hill. Pretty damn cool.

The cost of the eleltricity should be around $750 for the year. I used to pay $3000 a year in gas. Still a win win situtation.

For me it should work out pretty good. For others it may not. Very Hot or Cold area will have Diminished battery life.

As per the minus 30 dsgrees question. I've never seen minus 30 degrees in NJ. I've seen -20 once in like 1983.

The car's computer can be programmed to turn on 30 mins before you leave for work to turn on the heat and the heated seats.

Then when you unplug it the car is warm and your battery still have 100% of its range.

Vice versa applies for the summertime with air conditioning.

Sal

Member Sales Rating: (9)

In NJ there is no sales Tax on EVs (electric vehicle). That saved me $2800

The Fed is giving $7500 off my taxes in 2013 as well.

The car was $36,160.00 I haggled them down to $34000.00 and so that's what I am financing. Zero down 4.99%

The car is listed under my business so it becomes a write-off

For me it's just a win win situation.

Actually I'm at a client now in Brooklyn that I could not get to on Friday and I guesstimated I would have 68 miles remaining when I get here but I have 70.

When I approached the Holland Tunnel from the NJ side there's a very big hill. At the top of the Hill i had 75 miles remaining. In the middle of the tunnel I had 78.

I gained 3 miles because if the hill. Pretty damn cool.

The cost of the eleltricity should be around $750 for the year. I used to pay $3000 a year in gas. Still a win win situtation.

For me it should work out pretty good. For others it may not. Very Hot or Cold area will have Diminished battery life.

As per the minus 30 dsgrees question. I've never seen minus 30 degrees in NJ. I've seen -20 once in like 1983.

The car's computer can be programmed to turn on 30 mins before you leave for work to turn on the heat and the heated seats.

Then when you unplug it the car is warm and your battery still have 100% of its range.

Vice versa applies for the summertime with air conditioning.

Sal
    Sounds pretty good to me, I could save a lot with one if these. I will be waiting a bit to see how all of the electric autos works out first.

I will keep updating this thread.

You really need to plan out your time and trip.

Like today. I need to get back home and plug it in before 10pm or I won't have enough battery for my clients tomorrow!

Mainly because I only have the 120V charger right now that takes 16 hours to charge the battery from dead to full.

I'm getting a 240V charger that will charge the car in 4 hours. That gives me more flexibility.

Interesting. Both your comments Sal and the video on that ZENN car.

That Video is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    This is pretty funny regarding electric cars...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ri2BG2q...yer_detailpage

Thread Information