Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I just joined ChargePoint. I never knew it but there are two Chargers 2 blocks away from two of my Clients in Brooklyn. The Chargers are in a parking garage at 100 Jay Street and my two clients are at 20 Jay Street! Pretty cool.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-05-04 at 12.25.29 AM.png
Views: 755
Size:  287.3 KB

The ChargePoint App on my iPhone will tell me if the Chargers are available or not.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Found the updated recall bulletin

http://www.myhyundaiforums.com/12-01-032.pdf

Thanks. That's some document. The Hyundai person I spoke to said the campaign is 091

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    Found the updated recall bulletin

http://www.myhyundaiforums.com/12-01-032.pdf

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    I just joined ChargePoint. I never knew it but there are two Chargers 2 blocks away from two of my Clients in Brooklyn. The Chargers are in a parking garage at 100 Jay Street and my two clients are at 20 Jay Street! Pretty cool.

Attachment 84796

The ChargePoint App on my iPhone will tell me if the Chargers are available or not.
    Interesting .....do you know how long it would take to charge up at one of these stations ? I see cost is 2.50 an hour if I'm reading that right. Plus I would do a drive by and check it out to make sure it's operational. Apps may not always be up to date.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I like the idea of the Leaf. It's eco-friendly and you don't waste gallons and gallons of gas sitting in traffic. For those who live in the NYC Metro Area and drive in traffic every day, this is a great idea.

P.S. You can easily waste a 1/4 tank of gas sitting in I-95 traffic going South, or waiting in the line at the Holland Tunnel to get into Jersey, on the BQE going into Brooklyn, or on the L.I.E. going into Manhattan, been there done that too many times.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!

A level two charger will fill the car from zero battery in 4 hours. So $10.00 to get 100 miles of city driving.

At my house that electricity costs around 60 cents.

But $10 is better than getting stuck. Although I don't new a full tank. I need 25 miles to get home. So $2.50 to $5 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Interesting .....do you know how long it would take to charge up at one of these stations ? I see cost is 2.50 an hour if I'm reading that right. Plus I would do a drive by and check it out to make sure it's operational. Apps may not always be up to date.

Here are some pics of the wall mount for the Level 2 Charger

A level two charger will fill the car from zero battery in 4 hours. So $10.00 to get 100 miles of city driving.

At my house that electricity costs around 60 cents.

But $10 is better than getting stuck. Although I don't new a full tank. I need 25 miles to get home. So $2.50 to $5 worth.
    Makes sense. $10 for parking in Brooklyn + getting a full charge where you can drive back in traffic and not worry about burning up gas (and money!) is reasonable. I went through $20 going South on I-95 last weekend in traffic that just wouldn't move. 6.2L V8 + air conditioning running for 4 hours = fail.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

I think my car uses nothing sitting in traffic. Not sure. I'll test it out today

It'll use power using the air conditioning though. But I haven't used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Makes sense. $10 for parking in Brooklyn + getting a full charge where you can drive back in traffic and not worry about burning up gas (and money!) is reasonable. I went through $20 going South on I-95 last weekend in traffic that just wouldn't move. 6.2L V8 + air conditioning running for 4 hours = fail.

Oh I'm pretty sure you pay to park + pay for the electric. Parking is never free in NYC. The parking will be $35 at least for the whole day.

I think my car uses nothing sitting in traffic. Not sure. I'll test it out today

It'll use power using the air conditioning though. But I haven't used it yet.
    Still should be much better than running a gasoline powered car in NYC. Funny thing is, I'm going the opposite direction as you so we both have to cross Manhattan during rush hour times. Sometimes I think a bicycle would be better...
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Oh I'm pretty sure you pay to park + pay for the electric. Parking is never free in NYC. The parking will be $35 at least for the whole day.
    Gotcha. Still better than Midtown Manhattan, lots of garages charge $49 to park for the whole day.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Wow lots of people only make $100 a day.
    I guess if I worked downtown Houston my wife could just dump me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Gotcha. Still better than Midtown Manhattan, lots of garages charge $49 to park for the whole day.

I used to spend at least $100 a day on tolls, gas, parking and food in the city.

Now I guess I'll be able to subtract the gas.

Let's see from my house the city is 22 miles. My car would get just about that per gallon. So around $7.00 in gas round trip.

Holland tunnel is $12 to 14 depending the time you go in.

Parking is 35 to 48 dollars.

Sometimes I would take taxis. Depending is I'm going to one client or four. Now most likely I will park my car and take the subway/taxis around the city and then come back to my car at the end of the day.

And then food. Easily spend $15 to $20 per meal.

The other day I worked 20 hours in one day. I went to four clients. At the end of the night I was all the way up by the Bronx and my car was in Brooklyn.

The train was out of service and so I went outside and found a Lincoln town car and the guy charged me $50 to get to Brooklyn.

When I got to Brooklyn I went to another client. Got to their office at 1AM and left at 5AM!

The next day I took off.

Well I ran the 8GA wire from my electric panel to the outlet that's going to feed the New Leviton charger. My neighbor is going to make the connections. The charger should be here Monday.

The receptacle box that comes with the mounting kit is one of those that you screw into the existing stud with wood screws on an angle. It also has flanges to make a more secure connection but it was not secure because the flanges where over just Sheetrock.

So I cut a piece of plywood in the shape of an L and installed it inside the wall cavity and then screwed the box into that creating a clamp/vise between the receptacle box and plywood. Now the receptacle box is nice and secure.

Well the Charger is almost here!

Or is it? 1969!!!?

Maybe with all the coin you save on gas, you can blow some insulation in that wall.

I was thinking the same thing. Can I buy self use blow in insulation or I just need to buy a roll and shove pieces in?

Maybe with all the coin you save on gas, you can blow some insulation in that wall.

Don't know if blow in is available for self use, though I can't imagine it being that expensive if you hired someone to do it. Shoving rolls in there may help some but I doubt you'd be able to cover the inside completely. Sure would help on those heating bills though.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

if you buy XX (usually 20) bags or more, the blower is free for one day of renting at HD....each bag costs XX ( usually $15) or so...
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5 - Sub SUB-1200
    2Ch system: MC2105, C-26, AR-XA, MR-80, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300

I'd call around and see what someone would charge for the blow in.
    As busy as you are and unless you have a truck it's not worth it .
    Besides don't you have to put it a vapor barrier before you do that?

Man just reading that makes me tired

I used to spend at least $100 a day on tolls, gas, parking and food in the city.

Now I guess I'll be able to subtract the gas.

Let's see from my house the city is 22 miles. My car would get just about that per gallon. So around $7.00 in gas round trip.

Holland tunnel is $12 to 14 depending the time you go in.

Parking is 35 to 48 dollars.

Sometimes I would take taxis. Depending is I'm going to one client or four. Now most likely I will park my car and take the subway/taxis around the city and then come back to my car at the end of the day.

And then food. Easily spend $15 to $20 per meal.

The other day I worked 20 hours in one day. I went to four clients. At the end of the night I was all the way up by the Bronx and my car was in Brooklyn.

The train was out of service and so I went outside and found a Lincoln town car and the guy charged me $50 to get to Brooklyn.

When I got to Brooklyn I went to another client. Got to their office at 1AM and left at 5AM!

The next day I took off.

I don't think I can hire anybody. It's one wall only that doesn't have insulation. It's the exterior wall of the garage. 8' tall by 17' long. The rest if the walls and ceiling are insulated.

The garage is in the mid 60's in the winter and my garage door is 2" thick of solid foam. If I remember correctly the garage door has an R value of 11

The room behind the garage is the 4th bedroom and it has a bathroom and both rooms have radiators so the garage is always warm

The thermostat is in the house so whatever heat pumps through the house goes in there as well but any heat loss because of that one wall does not effect the heating.

Here's the Charger:

It's really Big and the cord is fat like a garden hose!

The Cord weighs more than the unit.

Don't know if blow in is available for self use, though I can't imagine it being that expensive if you hired someone to do it. Shoving rolls in there may help some but I doubt you'd be able to cover the inside completely. Sure would help on those heating bills though.

So that is a 240v 40 amp charger? So you are using a 50 amp circuit? See I have a plug for an electric dryer that I don't use but it is only a 30 amp, darn it. Yea I would go buy one piece of a roll of R-19 and and put it behind there vapor barrier towards the inside of the room?
    http://insulation.owenscorning.com/d...528-B%20RF.pdf

They have many different model that are 208 to 250 volts. 16Amps, 30Amps, 32Amps and now 40Amps

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    So that is a 240v 40 amp charger? So you are using a 50 amp circuit? See I have a plug for an electric dryer that I don't use but it is only a 30 amp, darn it. Yea I would go buy one piece of a roll of R-19 and and put it behind there vapor barrier towards the inside of the room?
    http://insulation.owenscorning.com/d...528-B%20RF.pdf

Electrician just left. All connected! The cable fits under my garage door. No need to modify the door or concrete slab.

Ya know, looking at these last pics Sal, thought of another issue you may want to check into. I see a car unattended with high voltage going to it out in the driveway. What say a kid comes along.......maybe wise to check with your homeowners/auto insurance guy about that.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Tony, looking at electric car plugs they don't look like suicide cords.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

No not the cord, where it plugs into the car. What say little curious fingers start feeling around in there. What say a kid with a metal pole starts poking around in there. Kids do the darnest things ya know. Only that could be fatal. The same reasons you don't leave your car fueling up at a gas station. You think it wise to leave your car fueling up on high voltage unattended, out in the open ?

Just a thought anyway, I dunno about any safety features that may be built into this type of fueling. Worth a look into anyway.
    Last edited by tonyb; 05-09-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information