Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 380
  1. #271

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    This is pretty funny regarding electric cars...

    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ri2BG2q...yer_detailpage
    That's was a funny and cool video. I'm going to look into the ZENN cars. I wouldn't mind having two of them! I would save a lot of money just in gas alone!!!

    Well, it appears that they've stopped manufacturing and selling ZENN cars.
    Last edited by GFOviedo; 08-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

    SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

  2. #272

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Saw a Tesla in town and thought of you last week Sal.

    Electric vroom.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

    2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

    2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ


    "It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

  3. #273

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Of The 49th
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Interesting blurb in the paper today regarding electric cars. Looks like your Leaf is selling well enough to catch the attention of GM...

    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...218490351.html
    Last edited by Tornado Red; 08-06-2013 at 08:24 AM.

  4. #274

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    Saw a Tesla in town and thought of you last week Sal.

    Electric vroom.
    Only seen two myself. Very Nice car, Wish I had one!

    I don't want a ride in one or I'll be tempted to buy one and then I'll have to selling my stereo system and not eat filet mignonette for at least 7 years.




    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    Interesting blurb in the paper today regarding electric cars. Looks like your Leaf is selling well enough to catch the attention of GM...

    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...218490351.html

    Excellent! We need that competition. But Leaf in 2014 is supposed to be $4000 less than the 2013.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  5. #275

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    I have to ask...

    Have you taken it off any sweet jumps?
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

  6. #276

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Not yet! LOL
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  7. #277

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    I was hoping this would be a cool car.

  8. #278

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Here is a video clip of Tesla cars having their battery units swapped out in @ 90 seconds:
    www.teslamotors/batteryswap

    While this is very impressive, I would love to know the cost.
    Re-electing our politicians would be like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders

  9. #279

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Looks like the Model S is as safe as they come:

    http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/20/auto...html?hpt=hp_t2
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

    2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

    2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ


    "It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

  10. #280

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    I was hoping this would be a cool car.
    This is an Awesome car that costs me $6.90 to go 300 miles!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by toucanet View Post
    Here is a video clip of Tesla cars having their battery units swapped out in @ 90 seconds:
    www.teslamotors/batteryswap

    While this is very impressive, I would love to know the cost.
    The Cost is nothing, it's included when you buy a Tesla!





    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    Looks like the Model S is as safe as they come:

    http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/20/auto...html?hpt=hp_t2
    The Model S is a Great Car!, Hopefully it's my Next EV!








    I just created a new site to show all my Mods to my LEAF - check it out here: http://www.SALsLEAF.com
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  11. #281

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Abbotsford BC
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Ambiophonics,

    Hyundai is honoring the recall even though the car is 11 years old?

    Can you send me whatever info you have?

    Maybe I can get mine fixed too!

    Thanks,

    Sal
    Back in April of 2012 I took possesion of a work truck, a '97 F150 XL...a month later I get a recall notice in the mail for the truck, gas tank straps and the cruise control knock out switch on the brake master cylinder, even though I'm in Canuckland apparently vehicle manufacturers have to honour recalls no matter the age of the vehicle to which it applies to.

  12. #282

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    How did they know you owned the Truck and to send you the recall info?

    I bought my Hyundai new and I never received any recall notice.



    Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    Back in April of 2012 I took possesion of a work truck, a '97 F150 XL...a month later I get a recall notice in the mail for the truck, gas tank straps and the cruise control knock out switch on the brake master cylinder, even though I'm in Canuckland apparently vehicle manufacturers have to honour recalls no matter the age of the vehicle to which it applies to.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  13. #283

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    I believe I've found the perfect app for you Sal:

    http://jalopnik.com/make-your-lame-c...app-1435802354


    Vrooooom!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

    2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

    2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ


    "It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

  14. #284

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Love it! Thanks I'll try it out!


    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    I believe I've found the perfect app for you Sal:

    http://jalopnik.com/make-your-lame-c...app-1435802354


    Vrooooom!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  15. #285

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Hit 6 Months yesterday. Just about 6500 miles. Spent $150 in electricity so far :)


    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  16. #286

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bridgeton NJ
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    That's pretty cool man, I still think hydrogen is the future not electric.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

    Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900

  17. #287

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    If hydrogen ever happens I'm pretty sure it'll be a flop.

    There's one BIG Pro with electric, you don't have to go someplace to fill up. You Fill up at your house. Imagine if you had to go someplace to recharge your mobile phone every night?

    It's just like Blockbuster, where are they?, who wants to go to Blockbuster to rent a DVD when you can just spool that same DVD from your home.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
    That's pretty cool man, I still think hydrogen is the future not electric.


    Here's a Cool video of the Tires that are on my Car:

    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  18. #288

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Here's a cool article of things happening with electricity.

    http://m.computerworld.com/s/article...eyword_edpicks
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  19. #289

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  20. #290

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    I updated my UBUYGAS site this morning a little. Just changed the wording a bit. Added some color.

    What do you think? www.UBUYGAS.com
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  21. #291

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    If hydrogen ever happens I'm pretty sure it'll be a flop.

    There's one BIG Pro with electric, you don't have to go someplace to fill up. You Fill up at your house. Imagine if you had to go someplace to recharge your mobile phone every night?

    It's just like Blockbuster, where are they?, who wants to go to Blockbuster to rent a DVD when you can just spool that same DVD from your home.
    I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo hydrogen. It's the most abundant element on earth, and we've been working with electrolysis since the late 1800's.

    Here's a good read on how hydrogen cars would work:

    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...rogen-cars.htm

    And a quote that insinuates the exact opposite of what you're saying:

    Some experts have suggested that it might be possible to build miniature hydrogen plants that will fit in the average person's garage, so it won't even be necessary to drive to the local fueling station to fill up the car's hydrogen tank. The most extreme form of this idea has been the suggestion that electrolysis could be performed inside the car itself, which would make possible the astounding idea of a car that runs on water! However, the power for the electrolysis has to come from some sort of battery, so a water-powered car would need to be periodically recharged.

    Bottom line, I think developing a viable alternative fuel is a great way for the US to again separate itself as a leader in the global economy. Innovation there would have us less dependent on fossil fuels from other countries, and is a cleaner alternative to even your electric car, as something like 80% of the power generated in the US (the very power you use to fill up your car) is derived from fossil fuels/coal/ dirty sources. So we'd be developing a fuel source that would in theory be limitless, and cleaning up our air more at the same time. Sounds like a win/win to me. Now we just need to find a cost efficient/viable way to derive hydrogen from our environment.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

    2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

    2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ


    "It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

  22. #292

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,110

    Default

    "**Usually I get around 84 miles range per charge. One time I drove 61 miles and I still
    had 50% battery left, so I should be able to get 122 miles range on one charge."

    Is that with one person in the car ? Obviously it would be less the more weight added. Also, post back after winter to see if that range remains the same. With such a short range, a car like that would not work for most suburbanites who work in a city. Subsidies won't last forever and electric rates won't be this cheap for long either. Eventually your just switching one master for another between big energy conglomerates. Just my take on it, obviously it works for you and that's cool.

  23. #293

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Everything you said sounds good. But when will it happen?, Every year there will be more and more electric choices.

    A lot of people I talk to bring up the zero emissions sticker on my car and they say the same things you said below and I tell them this; I didn't buy the car because it was Zero emissions, I bought it because it costs me $6.90 to drive 300 miles. That's it, I don't care how they make the electricity, just as long as the price doesn't go up.

    Most likely in 2015 I'm going to install solar panels on my roof. Then the electricity will be generated from the Sun. Not from fossil fuels.


    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo hydrogen. It's the most abundant element on earth, and we've been working with electrolysis since the late 1800's.

    Here's a good read on how hydrogen cars would work:

    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...rogen-cars.htm

    And a quote that insinuates the exact opposite of what you're saying:

    Some experts have suggested that it might be possible to build miniature hydrogen plants that will fit in the average person's garage, so it won't even be necessary to drive to the local fueling station to fill up the car's hydrogen tank. The most extreme form of this idea has been the suggestion that electrolysis could be performed inside the car itself, which would make possible the astounding idea of a car that runs on water! However, the power for the electrolysis has to come from some sort of battery, so a water-powered car would need to be periodically recharged.

    Bottom line, I think developing a viable alternative fuel is a great way for the US to again separate itself as a leader in the global economy. Innovation there would have us less dependent on fossil fuels from other countries, and is a cleaner alternative to even your electric car, as something like 80% of the power generated in the US (the very power you use to fill up your car) is derived from fossil fuels/coal/ dirty sources. So we'd be developing a fuel source that would in theory be limitless, and cleaning up our air more at the same time. Sounds like a win/win to me. Now we just need to find a cost efficient/viable way to derive hydrogen from our environment.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  24. #294

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Yes, that is with one person in the car and my trunk filled with networking tools and a 60LBS Subwoofer. In the past 6 months I only had people in the rear seats twice. Not sure how many times I had people up front. Some people suggest that with more weight in the car that it'll regen more going down hill. Who knows. All I know is for 6 months I spent $150 to drive 6500 miles. With my gas car that would have been at least $1083.00, That's 7.2 times more expensive. Also no oil changes, the only service I paid for was tire rotation and main battery check-up and that was $31.99 + tax

    Of course I will report back about the winter millage. It's coming soon.............................





    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    "**Usually I get around 84 miles range per charge. One time I drove 61 miles and I still
    had 50% battery left, so I should be able to get 122 miles range on one charge."

    Is that with one person in the car ? Obviously it would be less the more weight added. Also, post back after winter to see if that range remains the same. With such a short range, a car like that would not work for most suburbanites who work in a city. Subsidies won't last forever and electric rates won't be this cheap for long either. Eventually your just switching one master for another between big energy conglomerates. Just my take on it, obviously it works for you and that's cool.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  25. #295

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post

    Bottom line, I think developing a viable alternative fuel is a great way for the US to again separate itself as a leader in the global economy.

    It's already here. It's called electricity.

    http://cafcp.org/sites/files/02%20Hy...2010-14-13.pdf



    02 Hydrogen Status and Lessons Learned 10-14-13.pdf
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  26. #296

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Here's another article on the next fuel:


    http://www.thenewatlantis.com/public...-hydrogen-hoax

    Dispensed in compressed gas cylinders to retail customers, the current price of commercial grade hydrogen is about $100 per kilogram. For comparison, a kilogram of hydrogen contains about the same amount of energy as a gallon of gasoline.

    To drive 30 miles choose one of the fuels below*:

    $100.00 in hydrogen
    $3.05 in gasoline
    $0.69 in Electricity

    *(My old car gets 24MPG, My Wife's New car get 51MPG and my LEAF costs 2.3 cents per mile, YMMV)

    Lasareath
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  27. #297

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Here you go:

    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/2...-cell-la-2013/

    $499 a month for 36 months after $3000 down.

    Only available in California so far since 9 of the 10 Hydrogen station are in California!

    Also something about Free Hydrogen for the length of the lease.






    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo hydrogen. It's the most abundant element on earth, and we've been working with electrolysis since the late 1800's.

    Here's a good read on how hydrogen cars would work:

    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...rogen-cars.htm

    And a quote that insinuates the exact opposite of what you're saying:

    Some experts have suggested that it might be possible to build miniature hydrogen plants that will fit in the average person's garage, so it won't even be necessary to drive to the local fueling station to fill up the car's hydrogen tank. The most extreme form of this idea has been the suggestion that electrolysis could be performed inside the car itself, which would make possible the astounding idea of a car that runs on water! However, the power for the electrolysis has to come from some sort of battery, so a water-powered car would need to be periodically recharged.

    Bottom line, I think developing a viable alternative fuel is a great way for the US to again separate itself as a leader in the global economy. Innovation there would have us less dependent on fossil fuels from other countries, and is a cleaner alternative to even your electric car, as something like 80% of the power generated in the US (the very power you use to fill up your car) is derived from fossil fuels/coal/ dirty sources. So we'd be developing a fuel source that would in theory be limitless, and cleaning up our air more at the same time. Sounds like a win/win to me. Now we just need to find a cost efficient/viable way to derive hydrogen from our environment.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  28. #298

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    The LEAF turned 7 Months old today and I'm up to 7650 miles. Just under 1100 miles per month.

    In the past 7 months I had to charge in public 3 times because I would not get home because I drove around too much that day.

    I did fill up my old gas car once in 7 month and drove it twice to pick up furniture for my wife.



    In the summertime when I would charge the car overnight it would say that it had around 105 miles in range.

    Now that the temperature is below 40 I get around 96 miles range per full charge.

    The lowest temp Ive seen so far was 32 and the car worked fine.

    I waiting to see when does it drop again.

    So far I've spent $176 to drive those 7650 miles :)

    Do you like my new License plate frame?

    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  29. #299

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Here you go:

    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/2...-cell-la-2013/

    $499 a month for 36 months after $3000 down.

    Only available in California so far since 9 of the 10 Hydrogen station are in California!

    Also something about Free Hydrogen for the length of the lease.
    This is awesome. We have to start somewhere, and I'm hopeful that more companies pile on to this concept. I just wish it were a US car company leading the charge.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

    2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

    2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ


    "It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

  30. #300

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jflail2 View Post
    This is awesome. We have to start somewhere, and I'm hopeful that more companies pile on to this concept. I just wish it were a US car company leading the charge.
    It might be better that it's not an American company. If it fails then it's not an American company that loses out. But I'm sure Americans are the workforce.

    These cars will be limited to range only in Cali. But at least it's a start.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Ugh...I bought a Mac
    By AsSiMiLaTeD in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
  2. Just bought 2.3tl's
    By drumminman in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
  3. I bought a BOB!
    By AsSiMiLaTeD in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 07:41 AM
  4. Who bought the set of SDA SRS's
    By thuffman03 in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 07:21 PM
  5. Just bought a new CDP
    By SolidSqual in forum Electronics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts