Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Anyone else looking forward to The New Sabbath 13?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=3023481

I know I'am looking forward to it, I will probably pre-order this deluxe edition, finally Toni, Ozzy getting along long enough to put something together. I cant wait

Me too. Looks like the Deluxe version has 3 more songs? I see one song is available now for d/l on iTunes. They say 5 of the songs are over 7 minutes long, may make for some good Iommi solos I hope!

Yeah I just hope the recording is not compressed to death. Here is the first song off of you tube in case you have not heard it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI

You can stream it for free off of iTunes, which I'am doing now into the third song. Toni still got it classic Iommi riffage, Ozzy is Ozzy, the band sounds good. I will be getting this tuesday for sure.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

first track is very good ...... good ole Sabbath so far ...I bought the cd deluxe .... good mix too IMO ...but only on the 2nd song ...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Got the Best Buy version with 4 bonus songs instead of 3. Listening to it for the second time around now. Good album. Very classic Sabbath sounding in many ways. Sound quality is crap however. The drum track is compressed to hell & back. Anybody pick up the vinyl instead? Sound any better?

Not many Sabbath fans on the Forum? Tony owns this, great leads. I hope he is fully recovered. I would like to see another one from them, but with Bill aboard. 13 is real fun to listen to. Classic Sabbath

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Haven't bought 13 yet but SiriusXM has been playing a lot of songs from the album - it's starting to grow on me.
    Marantz AV7005 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Parasond 2100 Pre - HT Bypass
    Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSi15 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiC Center
    Oppo BDP-103

Member Sales Rating: (16)

LONG time Sabbath fan...c '73

Been reading the nice 'buzz' from fans...not reviewers - the LP is the way to go for good DR - so I have my order into Amazon.

I'm trying to stay away from youtube for snippets and downloads - I want to hear this fresh on my own rig at the right volume!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post
    LONG time Sabbath fan...c '73

Been reading the nice 'buzz' from fans...not reviewers - the LP is the way to go for good DR - so I have my order into Amazon.

I'm trying to stay away from youtube for snippets and downloads - I want to hear this fresh on my own rig at the right volume! :chees
    ygrin:
    Your in for a surprise this one is good enough for me to order it on Vinyl the mastering on the cd is loud but I have not noticed any distortion when turning it up. The wife did get on me last night for being able to hear it clear out into the back yard. This one is really good. Let us know how the vinyl sounds

Member Sales Rating: (2)

I just bought it and listened to about half of it on the way home. The first 5 songs are pretty good in a classic Sabbath way. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it this evening. I also bought the BB edition. I don't usually do that but figured the extra few bucks for 4 songs wasn't to bad of a deal.
    Last edited by simm; 06-15-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: grammer/spelling

I gave it a listen, couldn't get through all 8 songs. And with 5 of them over seven minutes long. I kinda just skipped to the next one after a couple of minutes. Nothing really grabbed my attention yet.
    Sources-Pro-ject Debut Carbon,Sony Bdp-s5100,Toshiba HD-a3(cd transport)
    Processing and Power-Onkyo TX-NR717, ATI AT1202
    Mains-Polk Audio RTi12's
    Display- LG 60PA6500
    Misc. Panamax m4300 conditioner, Blue Jeans Ten White, Blue Jeans LC1 ICs.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Your in for a surprise this one is good enough for me to order it on Vinyl the mastering on the cd is loud but I have not noticed any distortion when turning it up. The wife did get on me last night for being able to hear it clear out into the back yard. This one is really good. Let us know how the vinyl sounds
    I've listen to it once on the home rig. It's loud & sounds OK if you're not trying to listen critically, but it's far from stellar. I also ripped it to FLAC & have listened to it at work on my headphone rig. The distortion is very obvious & I can barely make it all the way through. In fact, I'd say after 4-5 times through, I'm done listening to it on the headphone rig. It's that bad.

Best Album in a long time by any classic rock act from the 70's. IMHO

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Noticed there doesn't seem to be any Autorip for this album on Amazon. Was hoping to order the vinyl and be able to do the download as well, but guess not.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

"Black Sabbath is topping the U.K. albums charts for the first time since 1970.

Right -- 43 years. No, no one had any idea Ozzy would live this long.

The heavy metal pioneers have set a record for the longest time period between Number One albums. The band's new record "13" entered the Official U.K. Albums Chart in the top spot, 42 years and eight months after their album "Paranoid" reached the top of the charts in 1970, according to Rolling Stone."

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebriti...rst-time-since

I can't stop listening to it .... I love it ...and it sounds great on my little system ... no compression .....although I do hafta have a tequila or 2 when playin it ... rick rubin did a very good job coaching this project

I have an interest in purchasing the cd, but it seems it may be less than stellar for SQ. I see CD Japan has a SHM-CD issue out and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get their ears on a copy to give us their impression of the sound...

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
    I have an interest in purchasing the cd, but it seems it may be less than stellar for SQ. I see CD Japan has a SHM-CD issue out and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get their ears on a copy to give us their impression of the sound...
    There is an SHM-CD of "13" already?

Anyway, if the SHM-CD was cut from the same Rick Rubin master used for the 'regular' CD - then be prepared for a brickwalled experience.

Maybe the SHM-CD is not....

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

There is an SHM-CD of "13" already?

Anyway, if the SHM-CD was cut from the same Rick Rubin master used for the 'regular' CD - then be prepared for a brickwalled experience.

Maybe the SHM-CD is not....
    Yeah, still Rick Rubin. Likely the sound has not improved, but don't know for sure. Which is why we need to send in an advanced scout who is not particularly attached to $30+ to be a guinea pi...I mean a kind hearted soul to purchase and report back Both regular and deluxe editions are on SHM.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICN-1034

I'm still waiting for my LP version to ship which was NOT mastered by Rick Rubin and reportedly much better dynamic range - but without the bonus cuts.

I've been purposely avoiding the youtube samples and have yet to hear any of the songs...but excited based on some of the postings.

When I give it a first listen - it'll be properly done!

I'm still waiting for my LP version to ship which was NOT mastered by Rick Rubin and reportedly much better dynamic range - but without the bonus cuts.

I've been purposely avoiding the youtube samples and have yet to hear any of the songs...but excited based on some of the postings.

When I give it a first listen - it'll be properly done!
    Unfortunately, I'm only able to spin shiny discs at my house so I'll wait and see on this SHM issue. I hear good things about the vinyl, hope you'll like it!

Going to see them in Aug!

Thread Information