Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Hey there, Chris. You still got snow on the ground, ours is all gone.

I can attest to the used amp thing as my Parasound HCA 2200 came from Chris in the land of the cows and it powers my LSI 9's quite nicely...nice and tight with mellow tone. I have picked up some MIT Shotgun S3's for speaker cables and Shotgun S2 interconnects and when I get the living room back together (paint job) I will have an even nicer system.

On Emo and HT my XPA-5 worked flawlessly however I changed it out for a Parasound 5250 for more power and warmer sound. So far it's Proven to be a wise up-grade. I listen to music about 60% of the time on my big HT rig and while I had my SDA's in the system it was truly a wonderful sound. I have since moved in my RTI-A9's as fronts and for HT they are great but I miss my SDA's for music. I really like the petite graceful look of the RTI-A series over the large box style of the SDA's. I need a new place for my SDA's and I'm running out of room.

To sum it up...amps are a little like women in that they all sound a little different and some are better suited for some activities than others. Try some out, be picky, find one just right for you and stick with it/her.
    Last edited by michael1947; 04-25-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by michael1947 View Post
    Hey there, Chris. You still got snow on the ground, ours is all gone.
    To sum it up...amps are a little like women in that they all sound a little different and some are better suited for some activities than others. Try some out, be picky, find one just right for you and stick with it/her.
    You are right about that. Some are also drop dead sexy AND do everything they're told with ease and grace, and then come back asking for more.!

Name:  miscellaneous 037.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  433.5 KB
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Thread Information