Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Sunfire Signature amps are good for 425wpc x 5 channels. This would become 850wpc into a 4ohm load. If you are bi-amping your 4ohm speakers from this amp, that would mean the amp is delivering a potential 1700wpc into the 4 ohm load.

I am not at all saying it is actually happening, but I am saying that having experience with the very same equipment the OP has in his signature, it is entirely plausible for this setup to get the 2112 number Jesse is speaking of to hit 123db.
    Still call BS.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

While I love 100+ db music, I have insulated my house and have double pane windows to keep the music in, and outside noise out. The police would have delivered my request list.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    With the same disc as before....116.7bd. "A" weight, Max, Fast, High and dbC, -30 db, SRS 2.3 and subs only.
    Yes, that number is more inline with the given gear. One question, did you mean C weighted because that's what I meant.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sunfire Signature amps are good for 425wpc x 5 channels. This would become 850wpc into a 4ohm load.
    His speakers are 6 ohm.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Yes, that number is more inline with the given gear. One question, did you mean C weighted because that's what I meant.
    Yes, I meant C on the 116.7 reading and A on the 123.5. Is biamping going to really do much? I understand these amps will take from unused channels if its available.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    Sda1C (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Boards, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    Rta11T (Tweets, Sonicaps, Mills, Spikes, Rings, Dynamat)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)
    CS350ls (Sonicap, Spikes)
    12" DXi x 2 (Dayton Plate. Slot ported Custom boxes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360
    DH Labs Prostudio XLR-Toslink-Hdmi,Peps for the Oppo, amp, pre and subs)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    While I love 100+ db music, I have insulated my house and have double pane windows to keep the music in, and outside noise out. The police would have delivered my request list.
    I have a feeling it will come one day LOL. I do not play that loud for very long. In fact this is the first time I have done more than a song or two at that volume. I played Megadeth hits album. 17 songs! LOL. It is the longest I have ever done that. Mostly it is just a tuning or play day that sees a song or two at high volume.
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Sunfire TGP3, Sunfire SIG 425x5, Oppo BDP-93, Belkin PF60, Sony PS3 Slim 320 gig, Technics SL-1360

Yep Megadeth it is for me when pissing off the rappers down the street Rust In Peace, or Peace Sells, or on the lighter side Count Down. A little Dave Mustaine and the boys does it every time. At those levels your talking about, couldn't imagine

Quote Originally Posted by SDA1C View Post
    Is biamping going to really do much?
    Since you've got the amp, might as well try it. That said, true bi-amping is a completely different animal.

The true bi amping being separate signals from the pre I assume rather than the same signal filtered at the crossover? I have done some car audio installs and figure this is what you mean but in that case true biamping would be amped after the crossover correct?
    Sda2.3 (Tweets, Spikes)
    5jr+ (Tweets, Spikes)

Thread Information