Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Polk LSi set up in St Louis area

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/3771404038.html

No affiliation. Guy has LSi25's, LSiC and LXiFX's for $1,080.
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amp: Kenwood KM-894 x 2(fronts and surrounds)
    Fronts: Polk SDA2
    Center: Polk Monitor 7C
    Surrounds: Polk Monitor 7C
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

Member Sales Rating: (3)

That's just crazy pricing! won't be listed for long

I saw those myself. I'm about 5 hr away or two tanks of gas round trip. But, not the right time.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Here's another deal!

LSi25 + PSW650 - $350 - Utah
    http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/ele/3702932126.html

I'm still trying to get my pre and amps together and you guys have me salivating over speakers. At some point I will progress to these or the LSiM set if a deal comes along....however, that might be awhile off.
    Last edited by WLDock; 04-29-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Did you guys already spend your tax returns already? $350 for LSi25's is a crazy price. Save up for the amp later and go get them speakers.

Apparently, I need more speakers. Looks like I am heading to STL this week. *facepalm*
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by maximillian View Post
    Did you guys already spend your tax returns already? $350 for LSi25's is a crazy price. Save up for the amp later and go get them speakers.
    Dude, I was headed to St Louis to pick up that set with tax refund in hand...but audio as a whole might have to wait as I need to move again...i just relocated here last year...but my landlord has issues...I gotta go!

Anyway, here is another deal (via craigslist app for Android):

Used Polk Audio LSiC Center Speaker - $260 (Vancouver, WA)
    http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ele/3774404628.html
    Last edited by WLDock; 04-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    FAMILY ROOM

Contacted the guy! They're still available and may try to make a deal and sell off the RTi's!
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it

Interesting as I made arrangements with him to pick them up Saturday...apparently he is trying to deal with whoever gets there first...

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Interesting as I made arrangements with him to pick them up Saturday...apparently he is trying to deal with whoever gets there first...
    Well, I won't jump in front of you man, regardless of how he feels. If you don't get them however, let me know, I have family there who could make a grab for me.
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

I would appreciate that. Let me see what he has to say as I called and left him a VM asking what was up. Like I said in the other thread, I offered to have a buddy pick them up tonight and he told me to just wait til Saturday.
    I emailed him about 2pm today, got a reply and then replied back about 2:25. He then sent me his number and I called him around 4:15 after work when he said I didn't need to pick them up today and could wait til Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    I would appreciate that. Let me see what he has to say as I called and left him a VM asking what was up. Like I said in the other thread, I offered to have a buddy pick them up tonight and he told me to just wait til Saturday.
    I emailed him about 2pm today, got a reply and then replied back about 2:25. He then sent me his number and I called him around 4:15 after work when he said I didn't need to pick them up today and could wait til Saturday.
    No prob man! I def respect the fact that you were first! Glad you replied when you did about it! Just reply here so we're not jumping between 2 threads.
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Will do. Its late so I don't expect to hear back tonight but I am definitely calling him again in the morning. Hehe
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Hey Snake, you might want to PM ZLTFUL and see what he's thinking about doing with these. I have a feeling there could be a chance you still end up with some LSi's, but talk to ZLTFUL about that, I dont want to put ANY words in his mouth.

Its cool when the community comes together and members respect dibs with CL sellers.

Thanks for keeping it classy fellas and hopefully you guys can work something out so you are both happy.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Wow , I told this guy at work about these yesturday morning. He said he was going to contact this guy being that he
    was heading there for a sales meeting Thursday. I am not sure if he did but I know he left early for the trip.

I'll have to find out, if I can get a hold of him.
    --

This keeps getting better and better. LOL.

This was the last email I got from him this morning...

Ryan,
    I know that it's not easy driving 5 hours in vane and I do have somebody interested in buying the speakers but they have not paid yet and have not decided to do it.

If you tell me FOR SURE you are coming this Saturday and that you will purchase the speaker set for the agreed (cash only) $XXXX then I will take your word for it and not sell it to anyone else. I just don't want to lose a sale.

Do you want to listen to the speakers when you get here or have them off the wall and ready to get in your car? They all work perfectly, though. Just let me know.

XXXX

It sounds to me like he is taking whoever shows up at his door first damn what he says in his emails.
    I am going to give him a call back after work and try to get this sorted one way or another.

Somebody nab them damn speakers before I call off work tomorrow and show up in St Louis with cash in hand!

Just kidding. But what a missed opportunity....

I got my RT's at a great deal and my next set will be a deal on a used LSi's, PSB, or KEF set. As much as I would like to save and jump right up to a deal on the LSiM set(asking $2800 and 2-1/2 Hrs away http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/3730092016.html ), I doubt I could spend that much on them. I would go the DIY kit route with some Scan, or Seas drivers.

ANYWAY, someone buy the speakers because I keep clicking on the link...I can't help myself.......
    FAMILY ROOM

I can offer to pick these up as I'm only 30 min away. If u want to send the seller money via paypal or however u want to do, just let me know.

I finally got the deal sorted with the guy.
    Have his address and will be on his front porch shortly after 9am on Saturday morning.
    He said his biggest concern was me being that far away.
    But when I was adamant that I wasn't blowing smoke, he relented and said he is now telling people they are sold pending pickup on Saturday.

My buddy actually lives about 4 miles from him on the other side of St. Charles.

Anyway, fingers still crossed until then. LOL.

Just wondering, did you pick up those speakers?

Yes, he did.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information