Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    This squabble does not add to the informational dialog that some would hope to gain from this thread.
    Neither do baseless accusations but feel free to take on the person wronged instead of never replying to the person that made the accusation. I know how cliques like to hang together regardless of merit.
    So hot it burns twice

  2. #32

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    Neither do baseless accusations but feel free to take on the person wronged instead of never replying to the person that made the accusation. I know how cliques like to hang together regardless of merit.
    Translation: I am a petulant child who didn't get my way so I am going to stomp and hold my breath until I win.

    Seriously, in another thread, you try to deride someone who called you out on making a post out of/without context and then you pull the exact same thing you claim to lament here.

    I am all for constructive debate on/within in a topic but looking through a vast majority of your 135 threads, a large majority of them fall into one of 3 categories...
    1. I have been wronged so I will call you names.
    2. I have been wronged but I am right with no corroborating argument or evidence.
    3. I am repeating something that has been posted once or more already in this thread...which leads me to feel wronged and in an effort to "win" I will fall back to category 1, 2 or both 1 and 2.

    Our discussion of cables went into all 3 categories before an actual productive debate came about. It gave a lot of insight into your frame of mind. And frankly, I am done trying to have a logical and factually based conversation with you because it has proven time and time again to be a wasted effort.

    In conclusion, I concede. You are right, everyone else is wrong and you don't need to know that it is the Cleveland Orchestra to see that the river caught fire. (An example of your tangent method of thinking.)
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

  3. #33

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    And frankly, I am done trying to have a logical and factually based conversation with you because it has proven time and time again to be a wasted effort.
    What? Let me know when logic and facts are brought into it. I would love it if it got there sooner. It's takes 3 pages just to steer it there. People want to say Brand X cable all turns green. I point out what are %'s and it takes that long to get to the point of %'s instead of blanket statements.

    Your post is reality distortion at it's best all while ignoring the fact a claim was made that can't be backed up. If it could be backed up it would have been. Get it? Or do you just get tired of having broken logic pointed out?
    Last edited by Habanero Monk; 05-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    So hot it burns twice

  4. #34

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Translation: Trololololololololol.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

  5. #35

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    30,412

    Default

    People want to say Brand X cable all turns green. I point out what are %'s and it takes that long to get to the point of %'s instead of blanket statements.
    Well no, you assumed percentages because you have no facts to back that speculation. The fact is that there are too many examples of Monoprice cable turning green to ignore.

    All this effort you're putting forth to tell people how and what to post, then reporting them when it's something that doesn't fit your view of the world is beyond ridiculous.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  6. #36

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    K I'm bc. I bought a crown XlS2000 nd a 2way stereo converter. I hook up an old pair of tsi 400 guess what?those **** head woke up now I feel like I've been holding them bc. Now I'm thinking of making a DiY sub adding another pro amp. I have a JBL 4000W car sub dual voice coil 6ohm-W12GTI MKII. Any suggestions?

  7. #37

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuntman3 View Post
    K I'm bc. I bought a crown XlS2000 nd a 2way stereo converter. I hook up an old pair of tsi 400 guess what?those **** head woke up now I feel like I've been holding them bc. Now I'm thinking of making a DiY sub adding another pro amp. I have a JBL 4000W car sub dual voice coil 6ohm-W12GTI MKII. Any suggestions?
    Typing complete words and sentences that make sense would be my suggestion. Seriously... Not being a jerk, but I have no clue what you just said there.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

  8. #38

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I bought a crown XLS2000 pro power amp and a 2way stereo converter. I hooked it up with my old TSi 400.the sound is great. Now I'm thinking building a Diy subwoofer I have jbl 400w car sub rated 6ohm DVC. Model W12GTi MKII. I'm wondering if this sub will do the trick. I will add another pro power amp 2 drive it. Then Later use my RTis

  9. #39

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    I don't see a problem with that. But if you're building a sub with a decent sized woofer, keep in mind that you're likely going to need an amp that is solid down to 2ohm loads, depending on what woofer you use. Pro amps tend to be good for that. I'm running a SVS passive sub off the Crown XLS-1500 right now and ran it off a Samson 1000 in the past.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

  10. #40

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Its a JBL 4000W peak power-700W RMS power -18hz to 1000hz freq -dual voice coil 6ohm 3"diameter

  11. #41

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    And its a 12inch sub

  12. #42

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    11,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuntman3 View Post
    I bought a crown XLS2000 pro power amp and a 2way stereo converter. I hooked it up with my old TSi 400.the sound is great. Now I'm thinking building a Diy subwoofer I have jbl 400w car sub rated 6ohm DVC. Model W12GTi MKII. I'm wondering if this sub will do the trick. I will add another pro power amp 2 drive it. Then Later use my RTis
    Thank you, now I know what you are talking about!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

  13. #43
    Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    I just learned that Revel recommmends the Crown XLS DriveCore amplifiers for their speakers which says a lot about those amps, even though they are both Harman brands.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 280
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 11:49 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 02:56 AM
  5. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts