Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default Baseball Day of reconning coming on Friday...

MLB is set to announce lengthy bans for more than a few players over a PED scandal. Hardest hit is expected to be A-Rod, who could see a lifetime ban imposed for his part in the scandal, should he choose to fight his 18 month(roughly) suspension...

In other baseball news, the Minnesota Twinkies still suck, Charlie Hustle Rose is still locked out of Cooperstown, and I am Chevy Chase... and you're not.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a...-friday-073013
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 07-31-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (8)

A-HOLE (or A-FRAUD) deserves a lifetime ban, IMO...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (14)

The amazing part is that the only party that would be upset if ARoid is banned for life will be ARoid. The Yankees would be dancing in the streets, it's the best possible outcome for them.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yea,Pete Rose accomplished career had all to do with his ability to play the game...didn't need that performance crap put into him and look what happened to him....shame!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

reconning?
    all the best,
    mrh

Isn't A-Rod pretty much done anyway?
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Stick a fork in him....he's done!

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Best thing that ever happened for the Rangers was when he went to the Yankees.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Arod gets singled out, but all of them are turds. Bonds, mcgwire, sosa, palmeiro, clemens, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. Braun is the biggest turd of all of them - he defiantly challeneged a loophole in the system AFTER a positive test and got off on a technicality. Then he had the audacity to continue to cheat and got caught AGAIN. Still has evaded taking any type of real accountability or responsibility. Like i said, every one of them are frauds. Until there is a zero tolerance clause in pro sports for PED's and an immediate lifetime ban, things will not change. Theyre willing to risk detection for the sale of their fame and fortune. The players unions have ruined the games because of lawyering up to protect the dirty ones. Its a shame really. And baseball especially has noone to blame but themselves.

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Actually, is it known that Braun continued using after he tested positive? Without knowing timelines, it's difficult to know whether or not his positive test was the result of PED's he obtained from Biogenesis. They could be the same episode. Not making excuses for him, he is definitely the turd you called him, but we don't know the timelines.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Or we can just let them all go nuts. Take PED's as much as you want. Just don't
    come back crying after it wrecks your health.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by sucks2beme View Post
    I completely agree. Professional athletes are not role models or heros already, and all baseballs fans care about are the stats, so go sick...

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Actually, is it known that Braun continued using after he tested positive? Without knowing timelines, it's difficult to know whether or not his positive test was the result of PED's he obtained from Biogenesis. They could be the same episode. Not making excuses for him, he is definitely the turd you called him, but we don't know the timelines.
    While I agree with you in theory, it is still an inexcusable offense when he KNEW that he was cheating in 2011 and I quote, "I am a victim in a fatally flawed system." He profited in terms of an MVP award, endorsements and a huge contract. Sure he has lost his endorsements, but they will be back when he hits .310 and has 40 home runs next season. He has lost THIS year's pay. But he has enough to live on for decades to come. The contract is not voided for next year - he will still get his salary. In fact, I read one article that stated that he and Arod's guaranteed salaries cannot be taken away for the years after the suspension is lifted due to a loophole in the system. The only recourse teams have is that the total amount will not reflect on the salary cap. Another reason why the players unions SUCK.

He never tested positive again in theory from the 2011 test but his records from Biogenesis continue up until this year. He was still consulting with a clinic that has been subpoenaed under federal investigation and under oath that has confirmed that Braun (and others) continued to use PED's. My suspicion says that Braun had many more reasons to lie about "not" doing it then the Biogenesis folks have for stating that he "did" do it.

I agree that I may have implied and concluded that he tested positive again, which may not be accurate. But when the overwhelming evidence suggests that he was continuing to "consult" with biogenesis even after the 2011 test, it reeks of dirty to me.

And that's the other solution......but many fans will not accept this. Bottom line is money will drive whatever the associations do from here. The All Star game festivities (HR contest and such) audience was trumped three times over by Disney's Teen Beach movie. Pretty damning indictment on where the game is headed if things aren't fixed and fixed quickly.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Personally, i'd love to see this...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...lympics/n9691/
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Once these things are legal, and someone can get proper dosages with no impurities, then they are beneficial, not detrimental.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    I completely agree. Professional athletes are not role models or heros already...
    They USED to be... The last athlete I considered a hero was Dale Sr.

The shenanigans in pro sports is just another indication of how far we have slipped as a society. We can't solve pro sports, politics, education or anything else until we fix ourselves. Personal ethics, accountability and having pride in ourselves for doing things the right way need to become more important than selling out for the almighty dollar...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Not surprising, it appears that A-Roid is also a rat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...143300690.html

Attachment 88670

Thread Information