Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Tom, I have no idea as I'm really not sure why the Dodd pre amp and the Shotgun cables didn't like each other.
    Hello, Jesse. It's not so much that they didn't like each other, it was just a case to where the difference between what I was using and the SG's were imperceptible for some reason. I don't even remember at this point what I was using at the time but I wouldn't mind evaluating/trying another set out [depending on whether or not it's entry level on the next go'round]. Perhaps you missed the last question I had asked...

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Jesse, who do I need to contact to find out such information? I'd love to demo some more MIT's and place them up against the Transparent cables.
    There is always room for improvement.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Ah, I thought you had the same problem as others had with that combo. You remember Trey's speakers at Ted's, right?

Call MIT and ask Lisa who would be the best to answer your question.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Oh, no, no, no. No issues like that. I'll contact Lisa per your suggestion. Thank you, sir.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Bump...

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

*Cough*

There are hitting the streets now, more info.....http://www.mitcables.com/
    Last edited by F1nut; 05-29-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

*Cough*

They are hitting the streets now, more info.....http://www.mitcables.com/
    Fixed it! Im in! Let me know! Id be interested in mid to higher end models! JMO
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"

Great and thanks for the correction. I saw that after the edit time expired.

Round 5 featuring MIT's new StyleLine SL series cables will be starting in the very near future, so stay tuned.

I'm fairly certain at this point there will be two demos going at the same time, a US 48 states demo and a Canadian demo......I need my head examined.

What I'm thinking right now as follows;

(1) 10 ft. pair of StyleLine SL-12 speaker cables (single runs)
    (1) 10 ft. single Styleline SL-12 speaker cable (center channel)
    (2) 1 meter pairs of StyleLine SL-8 RCA interconnect cables
    (1) 2 meter StyleLine Plus USB cable
    (1) 2 meter HDMI cable

I think that should cover folks that want to demo these cables in their 2 channel music or HT rigs along with computer/server based systems.

I'm open to suggestions.

Jesse, put me in I would love to try these even though it would mean moving my equipment around because the cables would be a little on the short side. I would really like to try these after all of the comments I have read about the other MIT cables.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

hrm sounds enticing, however the only cables I'd be able to test would be the pair of speaker cables, the interconnects and the HDMI cable. Would be fun to give it a shot and see what it'd all do to my humble rig...once it's correctly fixed mind you.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Transparent Audio Music Wave Biwire cables > Mains
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Audioquest Evergreens on most of the analog connections
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Piano Black TT
    Parasound Zphono Phono Preamp
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I could do with that hdmi to bridge between my perfectwave mk2 dac and ps audio perfectwave transport. The usb would be good to see if it takes down the wireworld platinum and putt them up against wireworld platinum ic's. The speaker cables could also go head to head against my wireworld silver eclipse. gold eclipse and the MIT oracles. Ohhh what a fund week that would make for comparisons running the premium tube mono'sfrom primaluna using that new BAT preamp I scored from bill...... in other words, COUNT ME IN!!!

OH YA...Please and Thank You
    VTL Compact 100 mono blocks, Casta Acoustics Model A's, VTL 5.5 Preamp,Audio Note L3 Phono Stage with audio Note AN-S2 Step Up,HiDiamond H5 Speaker Cables,McCormack DNA 500 ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/

hrm sounds enticing, however the only cables I'd be able to test would be the pair of speaker cables, the interconnects and the HDMI cable.
    That's fine, I am just trying to have something for everyone.

Talk to me people, is that list good or would you like something else, different series, different lengths, different quantities, etc.?

I'm no MIT expert, but since S3 speaker cables are expensive and it was recommended to not go for the highest end in case it didn't work for me, I'd have no issues with the entry level type cables. It's all about discovery with this hobby I've found.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    I'm no MIT expert, but since S3 speaker cables are expensive and it was recommended to not go for the highest end in case it didn't work for me, I'd have no issues with the entry level type cables. It's all about discovery with this hobby I've found.
    They are not entry level cables my friend
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

txcoastal, and this is would a learning experience. Is that a bad thing ?

I don't know much about cables other than something about you can't solder with certain copper etc. But I digress, I'm wet behind the ears in this now. Why not try some stuff in my own system to see if it makes better or worse. Never know til you plug something in as I've found.
    Last edited by nbrowser; 12-22-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Adding crap.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Would this be a demo with no obligations? I would be interested for my revamped HT after my basement remodel or for one of my two channel systems. Is this up and coming? I would love to see how these would make a difference in one of my systems, if I like a less expensive set of what they offer would be right up my alley as I have spent quite a few dollars as of late on remodel and stuff on the basement Ht upgrade.

Would this be a demo with no obligations?
    The only obligations are you MUST write a review here on the forum and you have to ship them to the next person on the list. That's it.

Is this up and coming?
    Yes, I'll get things rolling after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    They are not entry level cables my friend
    The StyleLine SL cables are MIT's entry level series.

The StyleLine SL cables are MIT's entry level series.
    Since when are the MIT entry level $1200 or am I reading this wrong

http://www.mitcables.com/available-i...interface.html
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

Then I sir would be interested some time middle next month as I go to Boise Idaho for a few days and plan on ordering an Oppo after I get back thanks for the opportunity should it be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nbrowser View Post
    txcoastal, and this is would a learning experience. Is that a bad thing ?

I don't know much about cables other than something about you can't solder with certain copper etc. But I digress, I'm wet behind the ears in this now. Why not try some stuff in my own system to see if it makes better or worse. Never know til you plug something in as I've found.
    No not at all, I always believe take every opportunity to demo and don't rely on other peoples opinions but use them as guide lines in your search. It took me 2 years to piece together my first 2chnl rig.
    I also, drove around to a dozen plus dealers all over Texas and went to different shows to get my ears on gear.
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 12-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Since when are the MIT entry level $1200 or am I reading this wrong

http://www.mitcables.com/available-i...interface.html
    As I said, the StyleLine SL SERIES is MIT's entry level cable. The StyleLine SL 5 would be the least expensive.

Are they entry level compared price wise to Monoprice or BJC? No, but they are not just cable either.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Then I sir would be interested some time middle next month as I go to Boise Idaho for a few days and plan on ordering an Oppo after I get back thanks for the opportunity should it be possible.
    That's great, Steve. I'll get your info once things get rolling.

No not at all, I always believe take every opportunity to demo and don't rely on other peoples opinions but use them as guide lines in your search. It took me 2 years to piece together my first 2chnl rig.
    Opinions matter, especially when your as green as I am, that said however one piece of my living room system the amp I just bought cause someone said it'd be a perfect match for my towers and yes I agree with that. I'm learning, your learning, hell we're all learning still. If I can gain some insight on higher end cables than what I have then great. That alone will help guide the next upgrades to the system. At this moment I know where else I want to sink some cash into it and that's the power cord for the amp, but that will happen once I find out more about the differences in those. No I won't spend a huge amount but anything has to be better than the cord I got with it as it closely resembles the power cords I've gotten with cheap computer power supplies.

Not trying to spark debate here but if I get a chance to demo some MIT goodness that could possibly come pre-broken in by someone else and hear differences good, bad or indifferent then I can see where else I can get an upgrade in the SQ of what I call my humble system. The bedroom system however, is just fun, the living room system I seriously want to sound as good as it can and each piece I've bought for it has gone towards that end. If cables can make a sizeable difference then that's the next thing on the list.

Open mind, opens the wallet sometimes :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

As I said, the StyleLine SL SERIES is MIT's entry level cable. The StyleLine SL 5 would be the least expensive.

Are they entry level compared price wise to Monoprice or BJC? No, but they are not just cable either.
    Not knock the system, as those who would not normally get a chance to listen to a higher end cables need to get on board.
    I was referring to the SL12 demo cables you are offering

Others may disagree, but I'd look at your pre and source before investing any money in a power cord for your amp. The first power cord I'd be throwing money at would be the one that connects to either of those two items. I'd also consider interconnects before that power amp cord, though you could probably still gain bigger benefits by devoting that money to your pre/source.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I was thinking these were the 10 grand speaker cables?

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Others may disagree, but I'd look at your pre and source before investing any money in a power cord for your amp. The first power cord I'd be throwing money at would be the one that connects to either of those two items. I'd also consider interconnects before that power amp cord, though you could probably still gain bigger benefits by devoting that money to your pre/source.
    I'm just waiting for several legit reviews to hit on the Parasound P5, I like the input side of it as it'll allow me to run what I want, how I want. But how it'll jive with what I have so far, won't be known til I get some hard data. Then again I could go a completely different direction, who knows? :)

Besides, I already popped that weak sauce cord (18/3) into a low power PC and snagged it's 14/3 for the amp. It helped quite a bit. Cost, $0
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Canare 4S11 >Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Not knock the system, as those who would not normally get a chance to listen to a higher end cables need to get on board.
    I was referring to the SL12 demo cables you are offering
    I see. My intentions are to offer the TOTL entry level cables as a sort of middle ground between the SL 5's and the next level up, which would be either the SL-Matrix, Matrix HD or the Shotgun. We demoed the Shotgun series the last time and since this is MIT's new series with new technology it seemed only logical.

Thread Information