Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Bonamassa

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa tonight at the Chicago Theatre. Should be a good show! Anyone else in the area going?

I'm not in Chicago, but I do plan on seeing him at the fabulous Fox Theater in Atlanta in November. He just played in Biloxi, MS near my worksite back in Nov. 12. Unfortunately I missed that one. Enjoy the show, it should be a great one!

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Have fun. I'm seeing him in NY in a couple of weeks. I've seen him twice before, you'll really enjoy the show.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

You'll love it!

this has got to be synchronicity. I was just going to start a thread about him, and found this. in any event, he was just at the riverside in Milwaukee this past Saturday, and I couldn't afford to go, which sucks. I first encounted his music on a program which aired recently on PBS and dvr'd it. about 2 weeks later I finally sat down to watch it, and was just blown away; his playing, the music, the band. I now have the cd of the Vienna acoustic concert, and have been playing it constantly. he and his band and music are the cat's meow, imo.
    "The symbol is not the reality"

Great show!! Having after show drinks now. The keyboard player amazing also on the Hammond!

He's one of my new favorite artists. I just learned about him a year ago.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I have a lot of his cd's. I am also a Beth Hart fan and the 2nd cd with both of them is coming out soon. I am excited about that. The sound at the Chicago Theatre was great. A few weeks ago I saw Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang and the Rialto in Joliet. Now Buddy, he is the master of the audience and I think he is an amazing player but, Joe is ranking right up there with him. Where Buddy has it over Joe is his command of the audience and story telling during the show. I love when artists do that.

Opened up with a few acoustic versions of songs and made it feel more intimate vs a big theatre. I enjoyed that quite a bit. I was surprised he used Bad Co, Seagull for the opener but, it was an amazing version of it. I actually prefer his version vs the Bad Co. version.

Quote Originally Posted by laotzu61 View Post
    I first encounted his music on a program which aired recently on PBS and dvr'd it.
    Was that the Live from The Beacon Theater, New York concert ? Amazing performance. I've got the DVD and CD.
    Main system: Denon DP-59L | Audio-Technica AT33EV | Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 | Classé CP-50, modified | Classé CA-300, modified | Classé DR-10, modified | Classé RC-1 | PSB Stratus Gold i's | DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner with surge/spike suppression | Acoustic Zen and NeoTech cables | Oyaide and Furutech AC power connectors and receptacles | Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuses | Dedicated 20A IG AC line

+1 ^ I picked up the BD of the Beacon Theater concert and I can't recommend it enough. And I just got his new Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House on BD. Great stuff!

I was at the show at the Beacon when he filmed that
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Do you have his Royal Albert Hall show? That's probably still his best live release, so if you don't have that, it's a mist-get. I just got it on vinyl.

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Be sure to check the DVD "Live at the Rockpalast",, he was "hungrier" then.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Do you have his Royal Albert Hall show? That's probably still his best live release, so if you don't have that, it's a mist-get. I just got it on vinyl.
    Don't have that one...yet. I've heard mixed reviews on the BD so I'm still on the fence right now. I'll have to check out the dvd George mentioned, I tend to look at BD only and pass on DVDs, which is my loss at times. That must have been quite a concert to see live at the Beacon! I especially like this version of "Mountain Time".

Saw him Friday night at the Beacon in NYC, third time I've seen him. Blew the roof off the place, just awesome.

Years ago I believe the Asbury Park Press was running a story of this 12 y/o wonderkid playing blues all over the state including bars.I think he was accompanied by his father . So as it turns it was of Joe Banamassa.Until I got the Albert Hall cd I never heard him.I did miss out on the Beacon show but will see him when he comes around again .Meanwhile in July electric Hot Tuna @ The State Theater w/ Leon Russell opening and will probably join in as most of Jorma's openers often due.This I already have tickets for and prices are kept at a minimum $57 for orchestra seats in a theater is a great price.The last time I saw Leon Russell was this weekend 43 years ago in the fields @ SUNY New Paltz.He was the band leader,piano and guitar player for Joe Cocker and the Mad Dogs tour opening for them was the Jefferson Airplane w/ Jorma at lead .A little small world story for you dudes .Have a nice weekend.

Thread Information