Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rta's

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Rta's

i'm just curious as to why there are so few post's regarding the rta series of speakers here?
    "The symbol is not the reality"

You're right...my search using the search box in the upper right hand corner of your screen only returned 9090 results in 0.16 seconds...

There is a ton of info here on RTAs. You just have to search.
    Just an example, my search for my beloved "RTA15TL" returned 13,500 results. Most of those being forum posts.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

The search function is a little quirky. It won't accept less than a certain number of characters - fourI think. For example, instead of typing in RTA 12C, try RTA12C.

Or use google and at the end of typing in what you're searching for, type in the address of the forum.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Quote Originally Posted by laotzu61 View Post
    i'm just curious as to why there are so few post's regarding the rta series of speakers here?
    i have a pair of 15TL's that I'm real happy with! Bought them new back in 91.

i have a pair of refurbed RTA 11T's i like just fine... and i have family in West Bend. I like that too.
    Polk RTA 11T ....new Xovers( Gen1 + Mundorf MOX), rewired, damped, Armacell, rings, spikes, RDO-194....
    B&K Ref. 200.2
    NAD 116
    Peachtree DAC-IT
    Morrow, Huffman cables
    AMD 8350 @ 4.8 Ghz.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have 23 year old RTA-8Ts that are the back bone of my system.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by 11tsteve View Post
    i have a pair of refurbed RTA 11T's i like just fine... and i have family in West Bend. I like that too.
    if you ever get back up here, give me a shout. I like it here too. anyway, thanks for the input, guys. completely forgot about search. I have a pair of rta 12B's and I love 'em to death.
    "The symbol is not the reality"

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    I have 23 year old RTA-8Ts that are the back bone of my system.
    Ive got 8T's in my office rig I scored off CL for $30. What do you want to know?

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Ive got 8T's in my office rig I scored off CL for $30. What do you want to know?
    Beat ya, paid under 8$ for mine...

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smglbrth View Post
    Beat ya, paid under 8$ for mine...
    You guys got steals. But I think at 23 years old I got more than my $600.00 worth out of them and they are still going strong!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

I paid 150 for my 11TL's . Still quite a steal in my book. Now just need to find about 300+ to invest in upgrades to make them really shine
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information