Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default CL Score - Mid 80's Yamaha

I picked up a Yamaha M-60 amp and C-60 preamp on CL for $60 this week. I actually got a Pioneer CD player, JVC tape deck, and Technics tuner too (no extra charge). The preamp has a few cosmetic issues but nothing crazy. The amp was dirty as hell but cleaned up well. I think it may have been in a garage or potentially a heavy smoker's house. Here are some pics of the amp before and after cleanup.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Nice find.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD-0198's, Sonicap, Mills, Armacell, SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills; SDA 2B TL's; SDA 2's w/RD-0194's; Monitor 10's w/peerless tweeters
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp

Nice score. I've got 3 of the big brothers to that amp.... 2 M80's and 1 M85. Nice amps but have a known issue with the main caps having problems with the glue or adheasive used to mount to the pcb. Tends to leak and then start eating away at anything nearby. Look for a brown smudge/stain near the big caps. Great sounding units when working and I'd love to hear that pre in combo with the amps. Best of luck to you.

NICE FIND-enjoy. Looks much better with a little effort :)

Nice snag! Those M60s (and their bigger brothers) are supposed to be phenomenal for the money. I've not had a chance to grab and listen to one - yet.
    USB Interface: Stello U2, Nuforce uDAC2 ║ DAC: Stello DA100 Signature, Keces DA-151 MK2
    Headamp: Darkvoice 336SE, Bottlehead Crack ║ Headphones: Sennheiser HD650, AKG Q701, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Amplifiers: PS Audio 200CX, DIY Class D Monoblocks, Parasound HCA 1200 II ║ Speakers: Dayton RS621, Focal 807V, LSA1 Statement, Soliloquy 5.3
    Power: Yulong P18, Rotel RLC900, Cyberpower 1000VA PFC UPS

Quote Originally Posted by TNHNDYMAN View Post
    Nice score. I've got 3 of the big brothers to that amp.... 2 M80's and 1 M85. Nice amps but have a known issue with the main caps having problems with the glue or adheasive used to mount to the pcb. Tends to leak and then start eating away at anything nearby. Look for a brown smudge/stain near the big caps. Great sounding units when working and I'd love to hear that pre in combo with the amps. Best of luck to you.
    Yes, I've read about the glue issue over at AK. Mine doesn't have massive amounts of glue but there is some. I am going to keep an eye on it and eventually I may make my first attempt at a DIY re-cap!

Thread Information