Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Nice, ill add for anyone looking at this thread I don't think you'll ever be able to get an eD sub, unless you go used...

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I would talk to HSU and see what they say, I wouldn't recommend a midbass sub and would recommend purchasing another of what you have now.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

That receiver is not going to push the M's like they should be. It's just not going to open that baby up like its capable of.

The towers do have more bass output, but then you're talking about rumble. He specifically targets the midbass and the 703's are more than able to do this with authority. Please, before you throw $ into a sub, run those 703's full range and see how they handle it. I don't get why everyone sets the crossovers so fricking high just because of specs. LISTEN to it and see what works. Each room is different, so it won't perform the same for everyone.

WL, have you actually heard the LSiM's or are you just going off that review? The 703's have more midbass slam/punch than the big boys, but the big boys dig deeper and create a more refined and balanced sound. I don't agree with anything you're saying about the series and think its misleading/misguiding.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    WL, have you actually heard the LSiM's or are you just going off that review? The 703's have more midbass slam/punch than the big boys, but the big boys dig deeper and create a more refined and balanced sound. I don't agree with anything you're saying about the series and think its misleading/misguiding.
    I never owned either I was going by feedback and graphs. The speakers look damn near ruler flat from the lower midrange out to the treble. I see a slight rise at about 100Hz that drops off after that. The 707's seem to be just as flat with less of a rise. I have not heard your findings about the 703's. Tell me more or maybe I will search your past post. So, you've had both sets? Do tell, I am looking hard at the 703's as my next set.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by robert0507 View Post
    WOW....Thank you WLDOCK and everyone who responded to this thread. I have gotten a wealth of info. You guys are the Best!
    I have decided to get an amp and the MBM 12 mk2. I think these will help a lot.
    If music is what you're looking for I'd sell the 703's and get the 705's and you won't need a sub. I own both and the 705's are much better for music. If HT is your thing the 703's with dual subs is the way to go.

The 703's are hard to beat at their price. Like I've said above, they offer a little different presentation than the towers do. This has a lot to do with the ported mid of the 703 vs. the sealed top of the 705/707. For sheer musicality, the towers are the better bet. But, if you want a speaker that's a little more fun and sounds good with rock, I'd look hard at the 703. In fact, if I hadn't found a great deal on my Usher's when I did, I'd own a pair of the 703's. No, I don't own any, but I've heard all three in in-house demos on good equipment, including the 705's in my own house for a few weeks.

I don't disagree that subs would be a good addition with the 703's, but if you're wanting them for music, you're going to have to spend a lot of dough to get one that can blend with the 703. That being said, their output can still put some towers to shame. I don't disagree with leroy's statement above, but would suggest that the choice could depend on what your music collection consists of and what exactly you're wanting out of your speakers. Hearing the 703's on Marvin's rig was quite pleasing and I preferred it over the 705/707 for my tastes. The 705's are the better overall speaker though, especially for larger rooms.

The 703 comes highly recommended from me. I'm shooting you a PM.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (6)

^^ ^^

Agreed my 703s replaced some floorstanders I had and I actually prefer the bass on the 703s (never heard the 705s or 707s unfortunately). The bass on them is quite tight and hard hitting provided you give them good, clean power.

IMHO you really don't need a sub with the 703s with music. They perform just fine without them. Having said that I love how well the 703s and th REL R205 sub pair with each other. They are a perfect compliment to each other. The sub just fills in the very lowest registers for added effect on some of the music I like to listen to (think beginning of Dire Strait's Telegraph Road, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, etc.). The thing is you really don't even know the sub is playing, it doesn't call attention to itself. It sounds like one musical and well integrated system. That is exactly what I was looking for. Again I don't need it but now that I have it and have heard it with the 703s, I'm not taking it out........
    Last edited by Dawgfish; 05-07-2013 at 04:37 PM.

OK, good feedback. Hopefully, I can get some lime to listen to the 703's this week.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

I will be picking up a good two channel amp. Any recommendations guys? 200 watts and under 1000 dollars

Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)

I don't think the DSW550 would be that great of a sub for your setup. I went from a DSW 500 pro to a sealed servo controlled Rythmik F15HP and there's no comparison. A good sealed sub will generally dig deeper, have a smoother roll off, and will be tighter sounding. Getting another VTF3 would be a good option as well if you're happy with how it sounds.

I'm a big fan of my Velodyne SPL 10. Very tight and fast for music, it does not come on too often for music honestly.

Also great for HT, nice slam and a powerful little thing.

I just picked up a second one, I'm excited to experience a dual sub set up!
    Living room:
    Samsung PN50B860 50" Plasma : Oppo BDP-103 : Roku 3 : Denon AVR-2808Ci : Definitive Tech ProMonitor 800 R&L : ProCenter 1000 : Polk FXi 3 Surrounds : Twin Velodyne SPL 10 Series II's :

2Ch:
    Polk LSi 9's : Parasound HCA 1500A : Pro-Ject Debut Carbon : Cambridge 640P Phono Stage : Musical Fidelity M1 S DAC : APC H15 : MacBook Pro Retina :

does anyone want to buy a hsu vtf 3 HO sub....will sell for a good price...local only.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by robert0507 View Post
    does anyone want to buy a hsu vtf 3 HO sub....will sell for a good price...local only.
    Moght want to mention where "local" is....

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Moght want to mention where "local" is....
    CT is where I am located

Member Sales Rating: (37)

I've got a Carver tfm-55 that I've been too lazy to post for sale. I'm actually considering putting it back in my system to drive my 703's.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

ok So a little update. Got the new amp and the MBM mk2 from HSU....WOW.WOW...that MBM makes a big dif. The amp is nice to have but the MBM is a game changer.

While the MBM is not common theoretically it makes sense for added midbass..but I guess you found out first hand. Glad to hear you found what you were after.
    FAMILY ROOM

Thread Information