Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by cstmar01 View Post
    Um nope.

http://www.hometheater.com/receivers...2_av_receiver/

That was 1800 new then and now going on 3 years. So no, once again, they are not doing something that someone else hasn't already done.

Also just because it has XLR doesn't mean it's a true balanced design. With all their issues with their previous models I doubt this one would be bug free. They seem to like to use their buyer's as their beta testers.
    Is Sherwood out of business? I never said it was a fully differential design. I agree with on the bug testing method. I think any decent AVR has the ability to update firmware for either added function or correcting errors. You are right Sherwood is the first non-installer setup Trinnov.

While I said they were first with Trinnov (and incorrect) I believe their HT Pre if it has a smooth launch will be a game changer. What may happen is some other offerings from Onkyo/Integra/Marantz etc may come down in price and force a new price point for that type of Pre-Pro.

So that would be more succinct for me to say. That is what I would consider a game changer. If it doesn't than that simply means Emotiva has a market pretty much to themselves.

I think the Marantz 7701 comes closest but does it feature XT32 and SubEQ?
    Last edited by Habanero Monk; 05-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    So hot it burns twice

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    In reply to Toolfan66
    Exactly the synergy was wrong for your gear..not your flavour..
    That is why there are so many choices to pick from..
    Maybe with a different pr of speakers and pre it might have been your flavour, or not..
    That is the beauty of this hobby is trying new things to try to achieve the synergy you are looking for..
    We speak of synergy here all the time, and make recommendations from our personal experience. The only amps I have ever seen you recommend here is Eomtiva. Now you want us to believe you have seen the light and synergy makes all the difference?

Your level of hypocrisy and your ability to spew BS is truly amazing.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    We speak of synergy here all the time, and make recommendations from our personal experience. The only amps I have ever seen you recommend here is Eomtiva. Now you want us to believe you have seen the light and synergy makes all the difference?

Your level of hypocrisy and your ability to spew BS is truly amazing.
    Find one thread you haven't put down any product of any stripe bearing an Emotiva badge or some other derogatory.
    So hot it burns twice

Blah blah blah blah blah..
    I have tried other amps, I'm slowly getting into the trying more cables as well if you bothered to read any of my posts.
    For the record I've never said synergy never mattered..and in replying to Toolfan66 post I felt the word best described my posting..
    What's the matter John, upset I got you on the Game Changer definition..chill dude..the Jeritol should be right beside you..

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    Find one thread you haven't put down any product of any stripe bearing an Emotiva badge or some other derogatory.

I don't need to. My consistent position has always been that Emo makes decent entry level gear, and I don't bash anyone's choice by telling them either directly or by implication(like emoettes do) that they wasted their money. I do recommend buying better quality used gear before Emo many times because it has been my experience that there is some really good stuff out there that offers great value for the buck when used gear is considered.

The one category of gear that gets zero respect from me is their Pre/Pro category. Collectively, they have been of poor quality at best, with exception to the Sunfire TGP-4 derived pre/pro they had several years ago I also believe their best amps were the very first ones to come to market a decade ago.... Those amps were to be branded as Carver's, but the company went out of business before they hit the shelves. Dan Laufman changed the name and Emotiva was born.
    Last edited by nooshinjohn; 05-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Blah blah blah blah blah....
    That sums up your posts quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    If Emotiva can bring out their XMC-1 w/o any major firmware issues I think that is going to be a game changer. TRINNOV room correction will be a first in a non-pro installer scenario, balanced (xlr) outputs. They mostly figured everything out with their previous HT Pre-Pros (to the chagrin of some customers no doubt).

At $1500 that is a game changer.
    Outlaw Audio, $549. Great HT pre/pro, and it works. Balanced outputs, and room correction, are nice, but not really necessary. Game has not changed. Bryston SP3 at 9.5k is still better.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/975.html

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BYSP3

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The lesson here is:
    1) Even if you put "for EMO fans" in the thread title, the usual suspects are going to come in and poop in your Cheerios. Just accept it... Your Cheerios are going to taste awful.
    2) Just don't talk about Emotiva here. People at AVSForum acknowledge this forum's general hate for the brand. People at Blu-ray.com's forums acknowledge this forum's hate for the brand. People at Emotiva's forums acknowledge this forum's hate for the brand. We're just repeating the same nonsense over and over again, and even if you don't hype it up, the same people will treat you like you're hyping it up. It's like Groundhog Day... if Bill Murray was a decent-sounding budget amplifier.
    3) Nothing is a game changer. Not even if it actually changes an actual game. If Parker Brothers came out today and changed the rules of Monopoly, and you said, "Oh, well that's a game changer", there would be someone standing there going, "UNH UNH, THEY CHANGED THE RULES OF SORRY FIRST, SO YOU'RE WRONG!"
    4) Don't trust measurements. They don't reflect the way an amp will sound. In fact, don't even look at what might be inside that amp. If Parasound has a $10,000 metal box with a dead puppy inside that somehow makes your speakers sound good, just accept the rotting smell and enjoy how good your speakers sound. Until another brand comes up with their own dead puppy design, at which point review sites will have to figure out some sort of dead puppy measurement to determine whose dead puppies sound better... and then we can all argue the merits of each enthusiast site's authenticity vis-a-vis the dead puppy's effect on slew rate and damping factor. I bet Emotiva will get their dead puppies from CHINA. Probably in bulk. And Bob Carver will touch each of them with expensive tubes before they're assembled. True story.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen

Thread Information