Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Personally, I despise the way both McIntosh and Emotiva look. Haven't heard either so no comment there.

As I have already posted once in another thread, Big Dan himself The owner of Emotiva already answered my post about prices going up with the addition of Carver and he said, no they will not be going up...
    Last edited by Jhayman; 05-07-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    As I have already posted once, Big Dan himself The owner of Emotiva already answered my post about prices going up with the addition of Carver and he said, no they will not be going up...
    What prices? lmao

As I have already posted once in another thread, Big Dan himself The owner of Emotiva already answered my post about prices going up with the addition of Carver and he said, no they will not be going up...
    Exactly. This guy's goal, obviously, is to bring good audio to the masses. We're going to get the same Carver quality without the massive markup for the Carver name. Looking forward to it. In fact I look forward to them buying many more of these types of companies and making audio dreams come true for so many more people. It's about freaking time someone pulled down the curtain and revealed the wizard of oz for who he really is. Big Dan is the man!

Meaning they will stay consistent with Emotiva gear..smarty pants

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    And how much is it if you can't demo Bryston, Pass, Boulder, Krell, McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, locally?
    Prob a hell of a lot more since i'd have to rent a truck and lug all my speakers.. oh wait the only way to really know is to bring the amp home for a listen in my own room since that will be the only way to know. If ya know of a audio shop in MI that would let me barrow a high end amp let me know!
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)

To quote Big Dan...
    "A price increase will be the LAST thing you'll see coming!

We're going to use our manufacturing and purchasing leverage to reduce prices, not increase them.

And we're going manufacture of these beautiful products in Franklin, TN USA.

It's going to be fun.

Cheers,
    Big Dan
    "

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Not a lot of business majors here, are there? You don't get something for nothing. No such thing as a free lunch. Let that sink in for a bit. It's wonder some of you can get along in life based on some of the logic going on in this thread.

Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing lower priced gear to the masses.........but never mistake that as running with the big boys.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Not a lot of business majors here, are there? You don't get something for nothing. No such thing as a free lunch. Let that sink in for a bit. It's wonder some of you can get along in life based on some of the logic going on in this thread.

Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing lower priced gear to the masses.........but never mistake that as running with the big boys.

H9
    And running a Dared SL2000A is running with the big boys?
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Larry, never once have I said it would or does run with the big boys. Never! It's a nice piece that plays above it's price point and I happen to like it very much with $200 worth of NOS tubes in it. Let's not start making things up just to stir the pot.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

This is such an exciting time for home audio enthusiasts. The trend is moving towards pulling the wool away from the eyes of the good people, and giving us quality sound for reasonable prices. It's a combination of economic downturn and technological advancement. A perfect storm. Technology is giving us better and more capable speakers, and the need for amps to color sound is disappearing. I don't need to futz around with weird little tubes to fix my speakers. My speakers aren't broken! We don't need magic wires, ancient tubes unearthed from cryogenic Tasmania, or the psychic hotline to make good sound. We just need honest engineers, solid build quality, and hardworking Americans to enjoy American music. We need Signal Cable, SVS, Polk Audio, and Emotiva. The future is bright. Oh wait, that doesn't read well. I should say that the future is neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    This is such an exciting time for home audio enthusiasts. The trend is moving towards pulling the wool away from the eyes of the good people, and giving us quality sound for reasonable prices. It's a combination of economic downturn and technological advancement. A perfect storm. Technology is giving us better and more capable speakers, and the need for amps to color sound is disappearing. I don't need to futz around with weird little tubes to fix my speakers. My speakers aren't broken! We don't need magic wires, ancient tubes unearthed from cryogenic Tasmania, or the psychic hotline to make good sound. We just need honest engineers, solid build quality, and hardworking Americans to enjoy American music. We need Signal Cable, SVS, Polk Audio, and Emotiva. The future is bright. Oh wait, that doesn't read well. I should say that the future is neutral.
    Don't forget to spread your word while riding your unicorn.

Glad you found something that floats your boat, but there's a whole lot more to experience and explore which you will sadly miss out on by having such a narrow view.

H9

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Why do the posts from L&C and Jhayman make about as much sense as a teacher in a Charlie Brown cartoon?
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (41)

The same damn folks in every Emotiva thread. It's old, give it up already.

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    The same damn folks in every Emotiva thread. It's old, give it up already.
    I see you made your presence known, you must be old.

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Larry, never once have I said it would or does run with the big boys. Never! It's a nice piece that plays above it's price point and I happen to like it very much with $200 worth of NOS tubes in it. Let's not start making things up just to stir the pot.

H9
    I was just pulling your leg bud... That's why I put in the
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    I was just pulling your leg bud... That's why I put in the
    I know Larry, just making the point to the peanut gallery because they don't need much to run with and completely take it out of the universe.

To quote Big Dan...
    "A price increase will be the LAST thing you'll see coming!

We're going to use our manufacturing and purchasing leverage to reduce prices, not increase them.

And we're going manufacture of these beautiful products in Franklin, TN USA.

It's going to be fun.

Cheers,
    Big Dan
    "
    The current line might not increase, the new line will cost more. If prices aren't going up then why aren't they currently being made in TN? Big Dan has the fish on the line, and is reeling them in.

Name:  peanuts-7.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  76.6 KB
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero Monk View Post
    And how much is it if you can't demo Bryston, Pass, Boulder, Krell, McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, locally?
    How much? Possibly a huge mistake as you have nothing else to make a comparison. It does take some effort these days in some parts of the country to demo non-consumer gear I grant you, but if you're serious most folks aren't that far from a big city and of course, there are audio shows all over.

If ya know of a audio shop in MI that would let me barrow a high end amp let me know!
    Every shop I've been to will let you take home any piece of gear with a CC number as collateral. If you develop a good relationship, they might let you take a piece home without a CC number.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Don't forget to spread your word while riding your unicorn.

H9
    Unicorn? You're futzing around with a horse and buggy, with most of your time spent under the hood. It's time for you to get yourself into a unicornless carriage, my man. Enjoy the music. You don't see F1 wasting his time with vinyl for crying out loud. Come on, Rip Van heiney. Emotiva is changing the game, completely. Step into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Why do the posts from L&C and Jhayman make about as much sense as a teacher in a Charlie Brown cartoon?
    A cartoon reader. This won't be easy.

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Quote Originally Posted by Loud & Clear View Post
    Unicorn? You're futzing around with a horse and buggy, with most of your time spent under the hood. It's time for you to get yourself into a unicornless carriage, my man. Enjoy the music. You don't see F1 wasting his time with vinyl for crying out loud. Come on, Rip Van heiney. Emotiva is changing the game, completely. Step into the light.
    You seriously have lost it. Emotiva is changing nothing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    You seem very confused on what is what. Carver, with his tube amps, was already in the big leagues. It's Emotiva that hasn't gotten there. In addition, if you think those Carver tube amps are somehow magically going to be priced as Emotiva's gear is now, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Agreed. I was thinking Loud & Clear was trying to get us fired up. Maybe he was serious though?
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

I don't know what to tell you Bluefox, I asked the question on the Emo forum and that was Dan's reply..
    I don't expect the Owner of a company to LIE directly to me when asked, " I fear a price increase coming with the purchase of Carver"
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    The current line might not increase, the new line will cost more. If prices aren't going up then why aren't they currently being made in TN? Big Dan has the fish on the line, and is reeling them in.

I think you are in denial if you think Emotiva is not changing the game..
    I'm sure your colleague's will agree, if for no other reason of bringing quality Amps to the Masses cheaper than ever before..
    Quote Originally Posted by cstmar01 View Post
    You seriously have lost it. Emotiva is changing nothing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by Jhayman; 05-08-2013 at 04:08 AM.

I think you are in denial if you think Emotiva is not changing the game..
    I'm sure your colleague's will agree, if for no other reason of bringing quality Amps to the Masses cheaper than ever before..
    Do you not see the problem with that statement ? Those 2 words don't belong in the same sentence.

To me its just a branding issue that Emo wants to improve. Don't blame them either. Kinda like Lexus, which already has established a brand associated with quality but at a higher price. If someone was to tell you they have a brand new Lexus for 10 grand, you'd be suspicious. Now take a brand like any of the Korean car makers who are associated with cheap and not too dependable. If they were to put out a so called quality car also very cheap, would you still not be suspicious ? Either car would get you from point A to point B and back. Thing is you know corners have to be cut somewhere to meet certain price points, it's just economics. If you going to brand something as high end, but cut those corners to meet price points of lower models, it's going to show in the car or in the amp. Just my .02, still....I don't blame Emo for buying Carver to improve on their brand. Just good business thinking. Only time will tell if any of that trickles into Emo's line up. Maybe a tube hybrid is in Emo's future.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Do you not see the problem with that statement ? Those 2 words don't belong in the same sentence.

To me its just a branding issue that Emo wants to improve. Don't blame them either. Kinda like Lexus, which already has established a brand associated with quality but at a higher price. If someone was to tell you they have a brand new Lexus for 10 grand, you'd be suspicious. Now take a brand like any of the Korean car makers who are associated with cheap and not too dependable. If they were to put out a so called quality car also very cheap, would you still not be suspicious ? Either car would get you from point A to point B and back. Thing is you know corners have to be cut somewhere to meet certain price points, it's just economics. If you going to brand something as high end, but cut those corners to meet price points of lower models, it's going to show in the car or in the amp. Just my .02, still....I don't blame Emo for buying Carver to improve on their brand. Just good business thinking. Only time will tell if any of that trickles into Emo's line up. Maybe a tube hybrid is in Emo's future.
    Tony don't confuse them with logic.

H9

Eh Brock, call it a life lesson. You know those old saying..."if it sounds too good to be true", chances are it isn't. The thing that kills me in any of this and not just Emo is that life lessons have to be learned by each generation, time and time again. Quality costs more money, economics dictates so. Bang for the buck ? Yeah....it's there within different brands and different lines. But comparisons to high end just don't cut the mustard. That's not being snobbish either, just simple common sense.

Wow Tonyb, you really think you schooled me on that post I made eh?
    Did you notice the the last edited attempt, it was done on purpose I wanted to see who would jump on that, quality/cheap comment.
    I can think of hundreds of analogies to compare quality vs cheap not just cars, I will just start off with chewing gum, Wrigley's chewing gum is $1 and tastes Great but if you want that new gum Stride it cost $2-3 and all you get is a flavour change, just like an Amp..
    Same with water you can pay $1 for 24 bottles or you can pay $6 for the same water not on special or a different brand and what do you get a flavour change agin just like an Amp.
    Same thing with speakers, Cables, Turntables, and hundreds of things you and I can compare..
    But after all is an Amp brand just a flavour you like if so WHY should it cost $$$$ more than others, with Emo you get a five year warranty, Bryston you get a 15-20 year and you pay for that and the flavour of that Amp..
    Using your car analogy you are partially correct, can you make a car cheaper than the Koreans?
    No of course not why, it's called buying power you are going to pay 10 times the price per part you need because you only need a few of them, not thousands at a time..
    Now because you made your car at ten times the price, does that make it better quality?
    You have sell that car at a higher price to recoup some of your cost, byway it's just dumb to compare Amps to Cars..like you did.
    Like I said the Amp you have, like is the flavour you have, like if you can afford that flavour.
    As I'm sure you know there are exceptions to every rule..
    Last edited by Jhayman; 05-08-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Add text

Thread Information