Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Improving Tsi 100's sound...

Has anyone done any tweaking to their Tsi 100's to get better sound? I know they aren't the flagship models of Polk's bookshelves but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get more depth and better imaging. I plan on upgrading to Audioquest Rocket 33 speaker cable and Im trying to find a Carver TFM-6CB amp to get more power. They are currently being powered by an older RCA receiver (I know this is a weak link, but a new AVR isn't in the budget at the moment) And I'm using a Pioneer SW-8MKII subwoofer....So long story short, is there anything I can physically do to the speaker to the speaker to get better sound?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

One thing you can do to that I did think of at your house was to pull the speakers away from the back wall. It can help clean up some of the midbass as well as get rid of possible boomyness
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I would think that they, like all speakers built to a price point, would benefit from upgrading Xover components. Pretty easy to swap out caps and resistors if you can use a soldering iron.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thread Information